BCM pre-orders page at Electronics Boutique

Supreme Cmdr

quote:

Originally posted by Kush:

It says on VE that the demo will be released TODAY! And only for 24 hours.

The way I understand it is that it will be available ONLY at VE for 24 hours, then it will also be available on other services/webpages/host/etc......

------------------

Commodore lordDavid

ICV Dark Saber, New America (Midae)

Satation Commander, New America

Eversor Fleet

Official BC3K Tester

[This message has been edited by LordDavid (edited 03-13-2001).]

Sorry guys..

quote:

Welp, just because it's looking pretty official right now, it doesn't look like the first demo of 3000AD's Battlecruiser Millennium will be released today. But, and this is the important part, this isn't because of 3000AD, they _are_ finished with the first demo. This is due to a really, really nasty FTP problem that managed to bite us on the ass earlier today (which we thought we could fix right away, but has taken a lot longer than we expected). We could host it off of our web server (and not FTP), but that would bring the site itself to a halt, so isn't really an option. After talking with Derek, he has agreed to let us still have the exclusive, so, it'll still be hosted here, just not today. I wish I had a firm date for you, but sometimes these little problems can be quite the pain, just know that we have a guy working on just getting the FTP server fixed. I'll post a bit more on this as soon as, well, I have some answers
smile.gif
We're really sorry about this delay, as I'm sure you know, hardware problems can sometimes come out of seemingly nowhere and smack your ass down.

------------------

Commodore. Parias

ICV-Galatae, Sanctuary Storage Facility (Sygan)

Balor Fleet

ICQ 1293359

Staff member at HardNews

I'm sorry guys, but I won't get the full game before months after it's full release for these reasons:

1 - A HUNDRED DOLLARS!!!! (Canadian currency) Never my mother will let me pay that much and it would take MONTHS to get that kind of money.

2 - I don't have a credit card, I can't have a credit card (I'm minor and have a weak financial situation) and know nobody who have one. (and I don't like to have a credit card anyway)

I expected to pay a maximum of 75$CAN dollars (games are usually sold at 60$), about 50$US, but with the canada shipping it's WAY TOO MUCH for me.

This really reflects my feeling...

cwm45.gif

------------------

Commander Epsilon 5

GCV - StalkerIV, Orion Starstation (CENTRIS)

Deterrence Battle Group

www.orionfleet.com

'This Far, No Farther!'

quote:

Originally posted by Epsilon 5:

I expected to pay a maximum of 75$CAN dollars (games are usually sold at 60$), about 50$US, but with the canada shipping it's WAY TOO MUCH for me.

I saw at Voodooextreme that the SC said not to buy it online in Canada...The price in Canadian EB stores is equivalent to $39.99USD

[This message has been edited by Ohso (edited 03-14-2001).]

When can I order with my discount(since I have the beta) or can I pre-order with my discount? Sorry, I'm not in the known since I did not sign up for beta phase ii frown.gif

Doh!! Just figured it out... frown.gif

[This message has been edited by SpacePhish (edited 03-15-2001).]

Oay, then, but what I do? Is there a Canadian EB store, 'cause the nearest canadian store is at about 2000km (1200miles) from home.

There is not EB retailer in Qu├®bec, the nearest is in Ontario, and I won't (can't) make a trip there just for a game.

------------------

Commander Epsilon 5

Deterrence Battle Group

www.orionfleet.com

'This Far, No Farther!'

[This message has been edited by Epsilon 5 (edited 03-15-2001).]

A determined BC player aways finds a way Epsilon 5. You have a minor obstacle to overcome. Time to suck up eek.gif with the folks dont you think biggrin.gif ?

There are alternative means of payment aside from credit cards that can be used also. Ever heard of a money order?

TTFN

------------------

Rear Admiral Gallion

ICV-Graf Spee, Spectre (Antis)

Executive Officer, Spectre Fleet

"You can only love or hate something you truly understand."

Official Tester, Battlecruiser Series

Leader, Team 1

[This message has been edited by Gallion (edited 03-15-2001).]

I have just sent EB email, trying to find out WHY they are charging $35 for shipping/handling outside the US. In fact, they don't even HAVE the rights to sell/ship the title outside of US/Canada. I am working on a separate deal for international territories.

At any rate, I've told them to STOP taking orders outside these territories. If you've already placed your order, it will remain as-is and will not be cancelled.

Also, expect your shipping charges to be reduced, once I find out wtf they're smoking over there.

Is this shipping regular mail or some kind of express shipping? Because if so, that would explain the high charges.

Epsilon,

I know a couple of people in Montreal. If you can get a train into downtown, you'll be fine.

Now, the same cannot be said for anyone else in Laval or other remote regions.

Any word on other possible retailers down the line?

First, I live about 1 or 2 minutes from Montreal, depending of the speed I'm going. I can take Laval city bus to go to Montreal subways. I can ride my bike (If I repair it first...) to downtown.

Ottawa. Who's gonna get me there? An hour and an half! Round trip, for a game? I can't count on my father for that (believe me...), or anyone else. No, I don't plan on vacations.

Aramike, or anyone else, if I can get the game an easy way, I will trust you. But currently, I don't have the money, don't have a job (searching...) and have priorities, like bike repairs (about 100$CAN).

I WANT the game, but I don't think I could get it on my own.

------------------

Commander Epsilon 5

Deterrence Battle Group

www.orionfleet.com

'This Far, No Farther!'

For those of you in BC Canada, I am a sales rep and up there quite often, I have no problem bringing copies up from the states into BC and deliver them if it would save you guys money.

Let me know Via ICQ.

cwm11.gif

------------------

CMDR Jaguar

GCV Armageddon, Starpath (Mars)

Prime Fleet, Delta Wing

ICQ# 24007233

External Beta Tester

Battlecruiser Millenium

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

Is this shipping regular mail or some kind of express shipping? Because if so, that would explain the high charges.

They use UPS expedited shipping for $35 within 5 days.

As a comparison i bought Gunship!( the big mistake) at Chips&Bits at these prices. Received it within a 9 days i think.

International Mail available worldwide except Canada and USA**

Standard

7-14 days $2.00 $3.50 $6.50 60 days

Priority*

4-7 days $2.00 $3.50 $8.50 45 days

Also bought Combat Mission and Tacops 3.0 from battlefront.com for $10 shipping costs within 7 days or so.

From a logistical POV i can imagine why they use UPS. Don't know if you can track packages in the case if it gets lost with priority mail. OTOH it always arrived, i guess you pay for some sort of insurance (if you can call it that).

Just my experiences.

btw: i live in Holland.

------------------

Mano Faber

GCV Aegis

Official Tester

Battlecruiser Series

[This message has been edited by Mano Faber (edited 03-18-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Mano Faber (edited 03-18-2001).]

Didn't know that there were 37 of the things in BC, you guys got it made, I've got 1 in Portland Or, and that's WAY over on the other side of town, about 40 miles. If you got 37 of the damn things, get it your damn selves!! lol

It might be easier if I bought my copy in BC!!! lol

cwm11.gif

------------------

CMDR Jaguar

GCV Armageddon, Starpath (Mars)

Prime Fleet, Delta Wing

ICQ# 24007233

External Beta Tester

Battlecruiser Millenium

Guest Mythandryll

Hi all,

just e-mailed EB about the shipping charged to Canada (considered an international order on the form): Good News--> Here's a copy of the email:

"Question: Canada is considered an international order according to the form. What is the shipping cost? 35 dollars, or 14.99 for Purolator according to the chart.I would like to order a game but would like to clear this up before I do.

Answer: Thank you for your inquiry. Canadian shipping is $14.99 US.

Thank You

Saroya

Just pre-ordered it OH YEAH

------------------

The wise man who said that the pen was mightier than the sword, never rode in this Battlecruiser: Commander Mythandryll Atreidies, GCV Katana

Guest Gliksman Shotland

Hourrah to learn that Supreme Cmdr is working on a separate deal for international territories.

I'm a French Cmdr registered on this site for quite a long time, waiting impatiently for Millenium, but 35 $ shipping charge ! its heavy for me.

I'm waiting hopefully

Cmdr Bc Ascalon - 1rst French Squad

------------------

Guest Gliksman Shotland

quote:

Originally posted by Epsilon 5:

Nous sommes deux à pouvoir parler français, à ce que je sache.
cwm17.gif

Not the same "french region".
cwm10.gif

Tr7s heureux de parler avec un Commandeur Canadien. Pas beaucoup d'officier de Galcom parlant Français, il me semble.

Je suis de Troyes, Champagne-Ardenne (150 Km

à l'Est de Paris.

Admirateur de BC3000AD depuis 98.

A bientôt j'espère cher Camarade de combat.

------------------

Ben mo├® chu du Qu├®bec, sti! (sic) biggrin.gif (slang)

Je pr├®f├¿re dire Commandant, pas Commandeur. Peut-importe.

Hope to meet you in MP! cwm11.gif

------------------

Commander Epsilon 5

Wraith liason officer, Deterrence Battle Group

www.orionfleet.com

'This Far, No Farther!'

[This message has been edited by Epsilon 5 (edited 04-02-2001).]