Mining Questions

EbonyKnight

I am able to deploy a mining drone and pick one up (after taking forever). Is it normal for the shuttle to fly past the drone multiple times before picking it up?

Anyway, I was told that to see how full the mining unit is, is to check the drone button for the shuttle craft. But when I do, it says that it's not on the SC. How do I check to see how full the drone is? I can see the detailed inventory in the video, but I can't determine how full it is.

Help me out, please.

OK, maybe I can help here.

Go to tacops (alt+s).Zoom to planet or moon where the minning drone is located.Careful,in a multi-moon system it is easy to get confused.Once the planet/moon map is displayed,on the right hand display 'zoom to' support units.You should see your minning drone(s) listed.Select a drone.You will then see the drone scurrying around.ON the left display click on 'video'.If it says 'no target selected',click on the minning drone.May need to zoom up or down(page up /page down keys).Once the minning drone shows up in the video view,click on video again,to see inventory.(May need to click twice,I think it's a three way toggle).

Sounds to complicated? Its easy once you get use to it.Its called learing the game.

Option two. Land your command craft near the drone.Target the drone.Select SMD in the video display.

Edit: taking too long for the shuttle to get to the planet? Check the distance to the planet (by targeting the planet).If you are like 800 Km from the planet when launching the shuttle,it will take some time to get there.Hyperdrive does not engage less than 1000 KM,I believe.Need to doublecheck that.Get closer to the planet for any planet ops.150 KM.

[ 04-19-2004, 09:11 PM: Message edited by: Cc ]

quote:

Can you load more than one drone on a SC?

No, as far as I know one drone and one OC per shuttle.However,both can be removed to load more cargo(I think).

Reread my post,I updated while you were posting.Slow typer.

Edit (again): watch out for that P&R forum.Some heavy hitters over there.

[ 04-19-2004, 09:33 PM: Message edited by: Cc ]

An easier way to monitor drone % ... especially if you're aboard your CC:

1. Tactical -- ACTIVATE (Alt t)

2. Options Tabs -- LOADOUT

3. Assets Tabs -- SC

4. SC Number Tabs -- ANY SC CURRENTLY ABOARD CC

5. Assets Tabs -- DRONE

6. Drone Number Tabs -- SELECT DRONE AS REQUIRED

7. Assignment -- CHECK STATUS [%]

NOTE: The SC you pick must be aboard your command craft or you will likely get the message you mentioned.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

quote:

Originally posted by Cc:

Edit (again): watch out for that P&R forum.Some heavy hitters over there.

Wot's the P&R forum?

/me hazarding a guess

Politics & Religion?