Returning to the ship!

Malakie-USN

Greets:

I just ran into a problem and a search of the forums did not help in this case... Now that my main crew has reached decent AI levels I have run into a problem that I have not been able to figure out a way out of.. I left my BC in space in a fighter. After a while I needed to return to reload missiles but found that I could not dock because one of the officers turned OFF the power allowing me to land... Although the intruders that triggered this were now dead, he did not turn it back on!!

So, how do I get back aboard?? I thought maybe I could exit the fighter and float over and enter the BC but that does not work as I can only eject and die and loose the fighter...

Anyone have an idea on this one??

* Derek, I know how busy you are but am wondering if you take suggestions? If it is not in the game now, how do you feel about giving the crew the ability to turn on what they turned off once a threat is neutralized?

Thanks in advance..

Hi Derek,

I tried that in BCMG and it shows a message that says something like: Eject and Self-Destruct? Y/N

Thus I loose the fighter... But I did it anyway and instead of ending up in space, I died - both times I tried it.

I have not yet played UC long enough to see if this same situation occurs now that I think about it... Perhaps we should move this threat to BCMG for now until I do eh!

Thanks...

Then it works differently in UC than in BCMG. Its not a problem, its probably a new feature introduced in UC that was not implemented in BCMG.

And are you doing this in space or on a planet?

If you have access to Tacops, have you tried giving the CC orders to tow the fighter? You might be prompted to bring it into the CC.

Derek:

In BCMG it is in space. I will usually move my alter ego to a fighter and take off myself, do some space fighting against other ships or the ODS stations. Many times I then get the alert for intruders on the BC. But everytime I return I cannot get back onboard because launch control has been automatically shut down.

Ejecting and trying to board does not work nor does giving the BC a tow command. Last night I tried having everything move to a planet to see if I can accomplish it planetfall but still no go. As long as launch control is off, I cannot board. Thus my suggestion about having it turn back on once the intruder threat is cleared etc..

quote:

Originally posted by street:

I was under the impression you could exit any craft which was set down on a planet...guess, I have'nt played with the fighters enough. 'learn something new everyday!!' (I love it!!)

Obviously, your definition of set down on a planet, is different from ours.

And until you actually TRY it, please stop cluttering my boards with rubbish, and confusing the less experienced people.

• 1 month later...

lmao, that sounds like a problem but I think what the SC suggested first should work... only problem I had getting into the ship was leaving as a space marine and my ship just hyperdrived out to some place.... lol sorta funny to me

I have had this problem too, playing BCMG. Fortunately I was in a shuttle at the time and had a marine along as a co-pilot. I left the ship in FP mode and use the DIE to target the BC and dock. Once on the bridge I could turn Launch Control back on and RTB the shuttle. Perhaps this does not work if you are in the suppot craft all alone.

[ 06-15-2004, 11:17 AM: Message edited by: Pom ]

Yes keep a marine on the craft at all times also helps to stop intruders too that way you won't have to turn off launch control for some odd reason (but it makes snese) if a intruder is in the same SC or fighter as a pilot or any other personeel they cannot steal it but i guess if your in space in the craft it wouldnt make any diffrence since "number 2" will shut down launch control =P a little star trek TNG reference

Yes the personeel on a SC or FC works while intruders are onboard for me it did anyhow.

Guest bogusheadbox

Are you sure you cannot exit the craft on the planet surface. I usually jump out there and using tac ops (like SC said) transport back to the CC.

But i guess if your launch control has been deactivated, maybe the same officer has dissabled the transporter ????

Comp specs to follow in sig before SC kills me