Artifacts

cadet

I read the manual and the appendix. I also searched and didn't find anything so I (nervously) did this posting.

1. I bought a ENM and my RE didn't have a high enough AI to analyze it. When her AI reached 50, she configured the ENM and the Celestal Orb. I noticed the increase in Hyperjump engine Recharge time, but my hyperjump engine still takes 10 units of Radine to jump. {I know it does becaue it check the radine before the hyperjump and then directly after and 10 units are always missing}. Is there possibly something I am overlooking. I checked the appendix; my ship and crew meet or exceed these requirements. What else can I check, do, or redo to stop using radine on hyperjumps?

2. I had a Trellis installed and upgraded to a KARANIAN MARK IV REACTOR, I saw no increase in Reactor output. My RE has an AI of about 55, the appendix says she needs an AI of 65 to analyze the Karanian Mark IV Reactor, is that why I don't have a high output, I just need to wait? Do I need to upgrade back to a Trellis and wait for her AI to increase, so the RE can analyze it or can I leave it installed, and when it's analyzed it will work better?

3. My ship is a Megaron. I upgraded from a LINEAR SPEC IV to a TACYON ANAGRAM SHIELD my shield protection dropped. It was at 8750 units, when I upgraded it went down to 5,000 units. When she analyzes it will the protection go up? Should I upgrade to back to the LINEAR SPEC IV or should I keep the Tacyon for the decreased Radine consumption?

Any help would be appreciated.

[ 04-30-2004, 07:38 PM: Message edited by: cadet ]

3. makes no sense. TAS is a shield and Titanium V is armor. When a new item is installed it takes time for the engineers (you did schedule them to install right?) to finish an upgrade in that time the protection drops and slowly builds up as the installation approches completion.

I don't know weather to call you Derick, SC, or Mr. Smart. Since I am new and you are lead developer, I will call you Mr. Smart, if you perfer something else let me know.

Mr. Smart,

When I first installed the upgrade the protection was 2700? units then it went up to 5,000 units, but this is less protection than the LINEAR SPEC IV provided. Is the benifit of the TACYON ANAGRAM SHIELD the radine savings or was I better off before the upgrade.

Thank You

quote:

From the appendixartifacts.html

4. TACYON ANAGRAM SHIELD

Use:

This unit is a shield system upgrade. It provides
units of protection. Requires
85%
less Plutonium for operation than any normal shield.

The TAS has a fixed number of unit of protection whereas standard shields have a percentage increase of your base asset rating (+50% for each step in shield technology).

The Megaron starts with 3500 units of shielding add a Linear Spec IV giving a total of 3500 + (150% of 3500) = 8750 units of protection once fully installed.

Now if you started with a BCMk3 base rating 1500 units add a Linear Spec IV 1500 + (150% of 1500) = 3750 units of shielding the case for the TAS is more clear cut.

At the end of the day it's your choice wether you go for all out shielding or the TAS with its reduced fuel usage and disadvantage of not being repairable.

quote:

Originally posted by cadet:

I don't know weather to call you Derick, SC, or Mr. Smart. Since I am new and you are lead developer, I will call you Mr. Smart, if you perfer something else let me know.

Everyone calls me SC. Its a lot shorter.

quote:

Originally posted by cadet:

1. I bought a ENM and my RE didn't have a high enough AI to analyze it. When her AI reached 50, she configured the ENM and the Celestal Orb. I noticed the increase in Hyperjump engine Recharge time, but my hyperjump engine still takes 10 units of Radine to jump. {I know it does becaue it check the radine before the hyperjump and then directly after and 10 units are always missing}. Is there possibly something I am overlooking. I checked the appendix; my ship and crew meet or exceed these requirements. What else can I check, do, or redo to stop using radine on hyperjumps?

quote:

From the AppendixArtifacts.html:

2. ENHANCED NAV MODULE

Use:

This device enhances the ship's hyperjump engines. The Battlecruiser uses 10 units of Radine for hyperjumps and also needs to wait for the HJ engine to recharge before the next jump. With this module installed, hyperjumps require no fuel for operation and the recharge rate is instantaneous.

Required to operate:

Research Engineer requires AI of 50 or above to analyze.

Flight Officer OR Navigation Officer must have an AI of 50 or above.

Flight Officer AND Navigation Officer must be on-station.

Engine requires 5 units of power or greater.

Navigation System requires 5 units of power.

Navitron Computer, Engine, Reactor, Reactor Core and Reactor Cooling System integrity level must be greater 15%

I'm guessing that you did not hear the RE say "Attempting to configure the Enhanced Nav Module" then shortly after saying "The Enhanced Navigation Module has been Installed" once this has occurred then the ENM is ready for use as long as all the other prerequisite are met.

The ENM does exactly what it say on the box.

Can't help you with 2 yet I haven't got that far with UC only got my copies 7 days ago,

I know what happens in BCM /G but want to check it's the same in UC before I post

[ 05-01-2004, 03:30 PM: Message edited by: Pugwash ]

quote:

Originally posted by Pugwash:

Can't help you with 2 yet I haven't got that far with UC only got my copies 7 days ago,

I know what happens in BCM /G but want to check it's the same in UC before I post

Artifacts and upgrades in UC work the same way they did in BCM Gold.

Pugwash,

I did hear the RE say those things. Could the problem be with my computer, like the cpu misinterpreting a few codes? Does anyone have any suggestions for things I should check on my computer?

Thank you for your help.

P.S. I am playing BCMG.

If your sure all your crew and systems meet the minimum requirements then check that if you've had any pesky intruders that they haven't stashed the ENM on one of the shuttles.

I've just watched the fuel usage (UC) and your right even with the ENM installed the jumps consume fuel, but you do get "instantaneous" HJ recharge at the end of the jump.

If your getting this then its working

OK so the ENM does NOT do exactly what it say on the box.

quote:

From the AppendixArtifacts.html:

With this module installed, hyperjumps require no fuel for operation and the recharge rate is instantaneous.

My CC still consumed fuel when the HJ engines fired even though the ENM module was installed and working.

Engine recharge time was instantaneous at the end of the jump.

The appendix is contradictory (I have now corrected it). It should read

quote:

This device enhances the ship's hyperjump engines. When installed, hyperjumps require only 10 units of Radine (regardless of the engine/reactor types) and the recharge rate is instantaneous.

Thank you Pugwash and SC, going by SC's quote:

This device enhances the ship's hyperjump engines. When installed, hyperjumps require only 10 units of Radine (regardless of the engine/reactor types) and the recharge rate is instantaneous.

My ENM is working fine now; it's working just like Pugwash stated above.

quote:

This unit is a reactor system upgrade.

It provides a very high reactor power output.

It also has a very low Radine fuel consumption rate.

You could interpret this to mean you can get more than 100 units of power out of this reactor but I have only ever seen the Karanian produce 100 units.

OK, so don't interprete it as such.

Anyway, it should read

quote:

This unit is a reactor system upgrade. It has a very low Radine fuel consumption rate and unlike other reactors, consumes no Radine during HyperJumps.

Guest kenny87

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

This unit is a reactor system upgrade. It has a very low Radine fuel consumption rate and unlike other reactors, consumes no Radine during HyperJumps.

So what happens if you combine the Karanian reactor and ENM?

Is hyperspace transit free or does it cost 10 Radine units?

Who's got both and wants to try an expiriment?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

RamStone, the RE (Research Engineer) needs an AI of 100. Your TO (Tactical Officer) and CE (Chief Engineer) also need an AI of 100 to operate.

Be careful asking questions, like this one, that is in the appendix manual under upgrades & artifacts. Doing this can get you yelled at or possibly banned from the forum.

Hope this answers your question.