Artifacts

cadet

MY RE just reached an AI of 75 and configured the HSD and T.M.C.D. I can't use either one. The T.M.C.D. is because my CE has an AI of 73, but the HSD should work, I think. Is it located on the bridgeviewer like in BC3000ad or is it in another place? I can't find/use it anywhere on the bridge.

SC,

I have the KARANIAN MARK IV REACTOR and the ENM installed. It takes 10 units of radine to HJ. When I uninstalled the ENM the radine consumption is 5 units of radine. I have a Numega engine installed. Is there something I could be overlooking? Can someone else try this and let me know if they get the same results.

I uninstalled the ENM by moving it into a shuttle, could this be why it used the 5 units of radine?

quote:

Originally posted by Stardate:

MY RE just reached an AI of 75 and configured the HSD and T.M.C.D. I can't use either one. The T.M.C.D. is because my CE has an AI of 73, but the HSD should work, I think. Is it located on the bridgeviewer like in BC3000ad or is it in another place? I can't find/use it anywhere on the bridge.

The HSD works I've used it while testing earlier in this thread, if as you've said your crew / systems meet the requirements just select the destination from the LOCATION hotspot drop down menu.

T.M.C.D.won't work until you meet the minimum requirements your CE's AI is only 73

quote:

Is there something I could be overlooking?

Yes this post referring to the ENN updated Appendix entry.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

The appendix is contradictory (I have now corrected it). It should read

quote:

This device enhances the ship's hyperjump engines. When installed, hyperjumps require only 10 units of Radine (regardless of the engine/reactor types) and the recharge rate is instantaneous.

So you always use 10 units of Radine per HJ when the ENN is installed no matter what engine and reactor are installed.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

quote:

This unit is a reactor system upgrade. It has a very low Radine fuel consumption rate and unlike other reactors, consumes no Radine during HyperJumps.

Now without the ENN installed the reactor uses no fuel during HJ but your engine still does so fuel consumption per jump is related only to the engine type fitted.

Pugwash,

Thank you for you all your help. I was thinking no fuel for HJ, but the engine still takes fuel . Now I understand, all set on that.

quote:

The HSD works I've used it while testing earlier in this thread, if as you've said your crew / systems meet the requirements just select the destination from the LOCATION hotspot drop down menu.

I Don't see a "Location" hotspot dropdown menu. When I did a HJ, I got a message "hyperjump configured". Please tell me exactly where it is, I know D*** noobs.

[ 07-14-2004, 07:35 PM: Message edited by: Stardate ]

Lower left side of the screen above the game date time is a box with the word LOCATION in it next to it is your current location.

Click on the box and a new menu appears.

If the HSD menu does not appear then it is not configured, not in the cargobay or your crew / systems don't meet the requirements.

"Be careful asking questions, like this one, that is in the appendix manual under upgrades & artifacts. Doing this can get you yelled at or possibly banned from the forum."

i don't see why you'd get banned from the forums for asking that question i know SC must have complete control but still =P this is the most strict forum i'v even been on....or maybe im just not used ot the rules LOL eaither way i'll shut up before i get banned =

quote:

Originally posted by UnderLord:

"Be careful asking questions, like this one, that is in the appendix manual under upgrades & artifacts. Doing this can get you yelled at or possibly banned from the forum."

I don't see why you'd get banned from the forums for asking that question I know SC must have complete control but still =P this is the most strict forum I've even been on....or maybe I'm just not used to the rules LOL either way I'll shut up before i get banned =

Normally I wouldn't answer a post like this and would probably delete it for taking the thread off topic (which I am doing further by replying) because to most members of this forum the answer is obvious.

Your post meant I had to do some work, (which I do not like) I had to go back and find the post you had quoted (No reference to its origin).

This is the original authors post

quote:

RamStone, the RE (Research Engineer) needs an AI of 100. Your TO (Tactical Officer) and CE (Chief Engineer) also need an AI of 100 to operate.

Be careful asking questions, like this one, that is in the appendix manual under upgrades & artifacts. Doing this can get you yelled at or possibly banned from the forum.

Hope this answers your question.

which is a reply to the preceding post

quote:

Originally posted by RamStone:

My only question is what AI level does she need to be at for me to use the RANDOM weapon to blow xxxx up

Normally you would not get banned on a first offence for a post like RamStone's (unless you catch me on a bad day) but if a person continued to post questions that had already been answered in detail in other threads (use the Search function Luke, Use the Search), are covered by the Manual, Appendix or by playing and reading the Tutorial documentation then they need to be "educated" in the ways of this forum.

I was going to quote the relevant parts of Welcome page but is easier to just put a link to the full document.

If your not sure what I'm talking about go and read it then read it again.

If a new thread had been started for this type of post it would certainly have been deleted on sight, the poster has at the very least posted in an active thread discussing his area of interest.

It would have been better if you had posted your concerns in this thread When people get banned.....

Now lets try to keep on topic.

Thanks again, Pugwash. I found it, the word LOC. The H.S.D. works fine.

My CE now has an AI above 75. The T.M.C.D. is installed and all conditions are met. My clock time when from 5:?? to 22:??, but I can't find cloaked ships.

Do I need to search for cloaked ships by activating something or using TacOps? I know there are cloaked ships because the CAS light is red, then several minutes later, an enemy carrier comes out of "nowhere".

quote:

Thanks again, Pugwash. I found it, the word LOC. The H.S.D. works fine.

Your welcome.

quote:

My CE now has an AI above 75. The T.M.C.D. is installed and all conditions are met. My clock time when from 5:?? to 22:??, but I can't find cloaked ships.

Guess that might just be an indication that the T.M.C.D. is installed and working

After all it does use 75% less Iridium (i.e. 4 x the cloaked time for the same amount of Iridium)

quote:

Do I need to search for cloaked ships by activating something or using TacOps? I know there are cloaked ships because the CAS light is red, then several minutes later, an enemy carrier comes out of "nowhere".

Nope cloaked assets are visible in TACSCAN (depending on mode settings) just cycle through the targets (. key).

N.B. Cloaked targets are not visible in the view from the bridge but will have the targeting recitals on them.

Rule of thumb you can determine if a target is cloaked (when the T.M.C.D. is installed) via the CVD/VID

If there is no craft image (N.B. target must not be mid HJ) in CVD/VID then it is cloaked.

Here's a GBS-3 script and saved game.

Artifact_Script_saved_game.zip contains two zip files cmdr_c0006.zip and save.zip

The script is basically a ROAM script as TER/MIL/Megaron/Earthz but you start with all the Artifacts, upgrades, extra missiles and fuel onboard at start up.

To play it just extract the cmdr_c0006.zip from the Artifact_Script_saved_game.zip and place it in the Mods directory of your UC install no need to unzip the file the game can read it as it is.

Then select the TEST SCRIP GIVING ARTIFACTS campaign to play.

If you want to continue and play test the Artifacts use the save.zip files,

extract the files from the zip into your save directory.

They use the last saved game profile slot so if you are using this back up your files first.

You must have the cmdr_c0006.zip installed first.

All Artifacts are onboard and most of the crews AI is 100.

Start UC > SAVED > CHEATER > cloaked ship inbound

cycle through the targets (. key) the four Gam carriers Cloaked_1 - Cloaked_4 are guess what cloaked .

N.B. TRS should be in SPC and ACTIVE mode

Note you can target the cloaked craft and the HUD shows all the usual targeting information.

To destroy them use the TLD as the aim point for your main guns.

But first go to Tactical > loadout and place the T.M.C.D. in a shuttle.

Back to the bridge and within a short time the Cloaked Gam carriers will disappear off TASCAN

Put the T.M.C.D. back in to your CC bay and soon you will be able to see the cloaked carriers again.

I supposed I'd better get ready to answer questions on the other Artifacts.

Edit:

How this for being slow on the uptake I've just noticed this thread is in the Battlecruiser Millennium Gold section of the forum.

No wonder Stardate was struggling following the instructions.

That's what happens when you always select "Today's Active Topics" to brows the forum.

One of you could of given me a nudge.

So here's the BCMG version cmdr_bcc0006.zip

This time put it in the Scripts folder and remember to choose ROAM

[ 07-17-2004, 06:26 PM: Message edited by: Pugwash ]

quote:

Originally posted by Cc:

Thanks for the new toy.

BTW, we don't yet have access to the -cheat command.

Your not supposed to be playing it as a stand alone is was intended to demonstrate Artifact useage

I know thats why I had to include a saved game Officers with AI of 100

The "cheat" command has restriced access on it.

quote:

Originally posted by Pugwash:

Here's a

Artifact_Script_saved_game.zip
contains two zip files
cmdr_c0006.zip
and
save.zip

Pug, will GBS-III scripts work with BCMG ... or am I in the wrong part of the forum?

Either way, thanks. I'll try it on whatever game it works with.

Edit read this

[ 07-17-2004, 06:03 PM: Message edited by: Pugwash ]

quote:

Originally posted by cadet:

I read the manual and the appendix. I also searched and didn't find anything so I (nervously) did this posting.

1. I bought a ENM and my RE didn't have a high enough AI to analyze it. When her AI reached 50, she configured the ENM and the Celestal Orb. I noticed the increase in Hyperjump engine Recharge time, but my hyperjump engine still takes 10 units of Radine to jump. {I know it does becaue it check the radine before the hyperjump and then directly after and 10 units are always missing}. Is there possibly something I am overlooking. I checked the appendix; my ship and crew meet or exceed these requirements. What else can I check, do, or redo to stop using radine on hyperjumps?

Bought the ENM? Where do you buy it?

• 2 weeks later...

Cartmanbeeps,

After 3 days game time artifacts will appear at starstations. Some starstations have them and others don't. The starstations that have them, don't have all of them, so you must search for them. I don't want to say where they are because that would spoil the game. The only thing I will say is the more time that passes, the more availible the artifacts are. At least that has been my experience. Hope this helps.

• 3 weeks later...