My version

Stimpson

Hi, ive done a considerable amount of looking and reading before posting this, and i did a forum search for (version 1.00.00) I believe i have this version. Is this one that is unsupported here? Am i SOL on this one? I tried to get patched from those sites, and that took a long time to get one to give it up. Finally i went ahead and down loaded the 1.09 and still my game crashes straight to desktop. I have directx9.ob and a sufficient PC, no other games give me problems, so im trying to weed out the possibillities. Please help me.

Is there a newer version of this game available in my area? I'm at a loss. I tried getting my drivers updated and believe they are as updated as they are gonna get.

This is Battlecruiser Millennium. The blue cover.

I open a notepad folder(bcsetup) in the game folder and it says version 1.00.00 up there. Actually now that i put the patch in its says version 1.09.01 Otherwise, i dont know how to find what version this is.

I believe i posted as many stats as i could find about my pc when i got signed up here, so if you identify another reason why this game crashes please tell me.

Im sorry if this topic has been covered before, but i have spent much time looking for reasons why the game crashes before asking for help.

Im realy itching to play this game and get involved here, but if (my version is not supported anymore), id like to know what version is the latest greatest, and where to get it. My local EBstore doesnt carry it, so i would like to order it from you if i can, that is if my pc is not too outdated.

Thanks so much for your help.

After putting in the patch. It still crashes to desktop. Ive even lowered the graphics settings in the game, still no solution.

Please dont kick me off, i just need a little direction.

Guest Shingen

First, this forum is for Universal Combat, so it'll probably get moved to the legacy one since BCM is obsolete.

I can't really help without knowing what system you are using, and so I'll just sit down and shut up now.

*moved*

Saying it crashes to desktop doesn't help at all.

And if you don't know what patch you have, then you haven't patched it. You might want to uninstall it and re-install, then apply the patch following the instructions in the FAQ. If you patch it incorrectly, it will crash.

v1.09.01 is the final BCM version. If want anything newer than that, you have to buy BCM Gold from a retailer that carries it. Several online retailers including EB, Gamestop, Chips 'n Bits etc, all carry BCM Gold.

...then there's UC, but unless you have a system to run it, don't bother.

[ 05-03-2004, 06:48 AM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

Ok, First im going to read this part of the forum thoroughly, then im going to reinstall my game. Then, im going to reinstall the 1.09.01 patch into the (Battlecruiser Millenium) folder and activate it. Then Im going to try to dig up all the stats on my pc that i can think of. I was just not sure which version i had. Lemmie try this again. Only then will i post again if i have not found the answer.

Thanks guys!

"If you have an Intel i810 video board :

Get rid of it. Rule of thumb: Older on-board video/audio chipsets are not likely to work"

I see that mine is a Intell® 82810E graphics controller. Memory Size 4MB

Could this be my problem?

Eh?? There is hope?? Im in Salem Oregon. There is a EB store here. What do you suggest i get?

By the way, i downloaded the latest driver for my intell graphics card, and i do have nice graphics now, however, the game still crashes

Guest Shingen

It should be enough for BCM if you have at least 128 megs of memory.

Try to find a good nvidia 32 meg video card as well.

BCM 1.09.01 is as stable as a rock if you get the system specs right.

Yes i upgraded memory to 360 something Cuz i do intense CADD solid modeling. (Thats RAM) I will look for the nvidia 32 meg variety. I think the upgrade should help my CADD as well.

Thank very much.

• 4 weeks later...

Odd. I'm running on a celeron 450 with 256 ram, 4 of which is shared to my I810 chipset, DX 9.0b and BCM runs full speed ahead with no problems at all, so it can be done. And before anybody tells me to upgrade, this is an all in one bargain bin machine, no expansion slots. Upgrading the video would consist of buying a whole new machine, which me disability check wont cover