trouble readying fighters

I would have posted this in the newbies forum, but it seems to be gone.

Anyway, I am having problems readying fighters. If I run out of STS missles, they don't seem to want to ready. I have put pilots in the ships, they are 100% functional, thier charge is low though. I have made sure that the charger is powered in logistics for the ship, but I can't seem to ready the fighters.

What am I missing? Thanks.

Please don't be snotty, I have read the manual and two faqs. I can't find the answer.

Guest Shingen

Are they showing up as Red, yellow or green in the HUD/fighter icon #s?

If they are red, assign 2 flight engineers per fighter in Tactical/Launch

If they are yellow, wait till they turn green.

If they are green, you may need to turn on your launch control, or check to see if they need some engine/system repairs in Logistix/ICs

quote:

Originally posted by EbonyKnight:

Please don't be snotty, I have read the manual and two faqs. I can't find the answer.

Read it again. You already said that you don't have any STS missiles.

I DID restock my missles and it didn't help. They remain red. Do I have to physically reload the missles?

I assign pilots and flight crews, they stay red. I ran my fighters down to single digit charges, but they should still turn yellow when readying, right? I allocated power to the chargers and the fighters aren't damaged.

The one that was, I had no problems repairing, but it wouldn't ready.

I have to be missing something and I can't think of it.

you probaby assigned the flight engineers through tactical/crew/etc. and your Flight Officer was off duty. try going through : tactical/launch/ and check to make sure the engineers are assigned to ready each FC. click on the up arrow to assign them.(this is what I ran into when my flight officer was not on the bridge)

AFAIK the only officer that influence the reading of the fighter is the COMBAT ENGINER.... our beloved Resnig ....and he only speed up the process....

The FLIGHT OFFICER fly your CC and do not care about your assets....

For more info on the officers' tasks you could take a look at the appendix....

quote:

AFAIK the only officer that influence the reading of the fighter is the COMBAT ENGINER.... our beloved Resnig

if that be the case, then I suppose my observations were a bit off; never-the-less, the way to get them active with(whatever)officer off duty, is as I suggested, EbonyKnight.

I suppose, the fact that my computer seems to do the flying when I am not; sort of, makes the flight officer's job a little redundant. Because; of this, I only assumed the Flight officer was responsible for assigning the FLIGHT ENGINEERS.

thanks for the insight, DenyMala.

You're welcome , the flight engineers are auto assigned to reading the fighters when Resnig reach a certain amount of AI... I velieve it's 50.... but when manually assigned to a craft they'll do their job even without the COMBAT OFFICER's assistance..... the'll only do it more slowly as for the marine preppin' procedure or the repairing of a system without the CE on station....