BCMG - uhhh oh not another newb

UnderLord

I'v had BCMG for quite some time now but havent played it much except for when the new patch came out i was compairing it to a game i played called Terminus which was also a space sim but with a much smaller universe and a easyer hud.

They are a little like each other except i think terminus had better graphics for shooting but you also never got ot control cruisers only small fighters but then again you could control your own space stations but anyhow this is getting off topic.

Will there be any more updates to BCMG like for graphic wise? the game is very fun for tactical play probably the best i'v seen yet but the graphics for like lasers and stuff look too plain the ships graphics are very well done but just the lasers seem to have jipped you all the fact that they look flat (2d) and not round or cylinder shaped

But beyond that im still trying to figgure out how to use my main guns hehe and a few other things but i'll figgure it out soon enough then i can open a can of whip butt but the game is pretty damn fun.

Guest Shingen

quote:

Originally posted by UnderLord:

I'v had BCMG for quite some time now but havent played it much except for when the new patch came out i was compairing it to a game i played called Terminus which was also a space sim but with a much smaller universe and a easyer hud.

Terminus and BCM aren't very much alike at all, except from them both being in space. Terminus only uses the Sol starsystem of planets, you can't land on any of them and as far as I know you can't control anything but your lone little fighter.

BCM has a vast galaxy, moons and planets galore that you can land on and explore, stations you can capture and assests you can control.

It's kinda like comparing Rise of Nations with Warcraft 2.

I'd say the closet thing (that i've played) to BC is Star Trek: Klingon Academy. You can fly around the gallexy, fight random baddies, even capture stations/ships (by beaming marines over).

No planet landing or FPS in it though (fightes don't make sence in the ST universe: there aren't any!).

You can fly the ship, mess with systems, stuff like that. Neat game to play. But, unfortunitly there isn't any more complex in dept ST games anymore.

my GF bought me the ST elite force game or whatever it was called that was a okie but easy game only thing i liked about it really was the holo deck how you where in the wild west with a laser and everyone else had guns hehe but yeah i suppose terminus isnt like BCMG but it had some stuff like mining i hear you can mine in BCMG but i havent yet and unlike terminus BCMG's planets arnt flat 2d objects that move with the ship so you only see one side.

Guest Shingen

All the planets and moons in Terminus are 3D I think. Hell you can fly straight from Earth to the Moon if you wanted to, but it would take you forever and a day to get there without the gates.

Most of the mining in Terminus is with a mining laser, and the best moons for mining are around Jupiter and Mars. Some asteroids are good, if you go far enough out into the Asteroid fields.

The main strength of Terminus is the physics model and the combat/piracy options. Ships configuration is also very important in Terminus because certain engines, thrusters, power and weapons can make or break your career quick.

BCM mining is done remotely with drones, ship configuration is limited and doesn't seem to add a whole lot to ship performance (unless you are using artifacts).

Yes well i havent played terminus for awhile i had several diffrent ships all designed to do sometyhing like mining or towing damaged ships and about 3 that where for fighting yes i know all about the ship design and all that stuff i played it heavily for quite sometime then it stopped inttresting me since i had to much money to know what to do with.

Playing on the event servers or story line servers (in other words) where pretty fun since you got to pull it off with other players and then choosing a career is what really made the game i liked to be a freelancer and did mostly mining around the mars moon.

One time i remember ganging up on a cruiser with another player and a few AI's for backup first time i ever attacked and distroyed a cruiser boy the explosion was pretty damn neat.