Need Help

razua04

Hello all,

I am new to the BCM world and I am having trouble finding the Multiplayer option that is suppose to be in the main menu area according to the book. Also I am having difficulty finding this appendix to the game that has more details on each race and caste. Can anyone point me in the right directions? Thx

Ok, the BCM multiplayer (Assuming you have Gold) is actually another executable.

Start->Programs->Dreamcatcher->Multiplayer->Join MP Server.

I have a server up and running right now though, so you should be able to see it.

EDIT: You did patch up though right?

quote:

I have a server up and running right now though, so you should be able to see it.

Sorry, just checked and I don't see it.Sure you have port 2425 open? (Necessary for a server to show up in the in game browser).

Hmm, everytime I try to go to Multiplayer,the CD runs for a little, the logo screen comes up and that's it. I never see listings or anything.

I'm good to go now as far as getting in. Unfortunately I see no servers and creating one is giving me problems

[ 06-19-2004, 03:29 PM: Message edited by: Allen ]

I AM TRYING TO HOST AND JOIN A MULTIPLAYER GAME ON THE SAME MACHINE BUT ITS NOT WORKING

A. Though this is possible, it is not supported. To connect a client to a server running on the same machine, create

(you can just clone the existing Join MP Server shortcut) a new shortcut and add +connect 127.0.0.1 commandline

parameters. Then start the server and connect to it using the newly created shortcut.

Okay I'm trying to attempt this myself but I do not understand the last part concerning "add +connect 127.0.0.1 commandline parameters". Where do you go to do that?

You know how to make a shortcut right?

Well make one of the "Join MP Server" shortcut.

Right-click->Properties

Where it says "Target" (WinXP) have:

"C:Program FilesDreamCatcher3000ADBattlecruiser Millennium Goldbcmg.exe" +connect 127.0.0.1

Thanks guys for the help. I did what you said Freyar and now I'm about to test it out. I have yet another question. Is there anyway to play the full regular map on multiplayer or is it stuck on the Instant Action map only?

Allen... your getting close bein' banned like he is sayin' you need to put your sys info from your registration profile in your signature.