Newbie Question on Missle Loadouts

Annihilator

Ok, I've got a newbie question. If I give my FC's missles that are not in their loadout profile, will they still use them? I've allways unloaded all the missles from my FC's to conserve money, and now that I have a stable and good trade route, I have enough money to buy missles for my FC's again.

I almost forgot, can you use SDM/SAM/STO/APN/ODS/SDM missles?

Edit: Added second question

[ 06-23-2004, 06:11 PM: Message edited by: Annihilator ]

quote:

Originally posted by Annihilator:

Ok, I've got a newbie question. If I give my FC's missles that are not in their loadout profile, will they still use them? I've allways unloaded all the missles from my FC's to conserve money, and now that I have a stable and good trade route, I have enough money to buy missles for my FC's again.

I almost forgot, can you use SDM/SAM/STO/APN/ODS/SDM missles?

Edit: Added second question

1. Yes.

2. In general no. I don't know what an APN is, so I'm not sure about that one.

Thanks for the help. APN is All Purpose Naval, but I've never seen any ships use them against me.

Ok, I've got another newbie question (better get these out while my post count is low )

How do I transfer crew to an SC Away Team? I know how to transfer them to the SC itself, but not to the team. Don't want to keep using the Trantsporter, as I think thats how my crew keeps getting radiated.

[ 06-24-2004, 09:01 PM: Message edited by: Annihilator ]

quote:

Originally posted by bogusheadbox:

Ahhhhhh. So the radiation is from the transporter and not the planet ?????

Yes and no. A radioactive planet could do it too, but it's mainly the trantsporter.

quote:

Originally posted by UnderLord:

could be from your cloak as well!

Also true, but I cloak only when attaking starstations, never any other time, unless absolutely nessicary. Hate cleaning up all that radiation.

• 1 month later...