Newbie asks-Where is the bridge?

Guest openthestargate

Guest openthestargate

I purchased BMG and I fired up the sim. I turned to page 126 of the printed manual and choose BCIA0012 tutorial. The tutorial says to go down to the lower right ship icon(the one below the shuttle icon) and click on it, and it suppose to bring up the bridge view and pause the game? All that does is bring up a whole host of commands, and not a bridge view. I am still staring at a desktop view of deep space with icons on the left and right side. Is this suppose to be the the bridge? If not how do you get this view?

Ok. Its just a list of commands for the shuttles. And YES IT PAUSES THE GAME! It still gonna be in the bridge view. Oh man....... And you dont pilot other crafts like Fighters and shuttles unless A) You chose the Pilot career or B) You Transfer your AE (Because your new to this game i will tell you what AE means. it means Alter Ego) to the craft and wait for him to get there and THEN launch the craft.

quote:

Originally posted by tragnil:

No, I am not kidding. You have no right to belittle newbies who are trying to learn this game.

Universal Combat Manual pg 11:

Integrated Tactical Display(IE: "Bridge")

There's even a nice little picture.

What part didn't you understand?

If you haven't already done so please read pages 17 through to 70ish but if you have never played a BC game before you need to read more than that.

Page 22 shows the bridge(Viewer) which should be similar to the view you have except for the menu now showing and some missing icons.

This is a good time while the game is paused to familiarise yourself with the bridge layout.

quote:

From BCMG manual page 126 paragraph 3 and 4

As soon as you launch, and the flyby transition is finished, click on the ship icon on the lower right side of the display the Craft Status Menu, CSM. This also pauses the game, as does the CTRL+P key. You are now on the bridge of your craft.

There are two banks of icons on either side of the bridge. The icons on the left (LHS) host all of the ships primary systems. to see tooltip describing each icon, click anywhere on the bridge to remove the CM and resume the game, Then move the mouse over the icon. To activate an icon, just click on it. If it has settings, a menu will popup, allowing you to change those settings.

I can see where your getting confused, but you are already on the bridge the use of the CSM was just to pause the game, not bring up the Bridgeview.

Guest openthestargate

You do not have the latest Battlecrusier Millennium Gold, but the 2nd edition of BM.. When you scroll down to the last "ship" icon on the deep space screen, there is NOTHING that says bridge. If you click on the "ship" all you get are a list of commands. THERE IS NO BRIDGE VIEW. The deep space view still remains.

You know something smart guy, many years ago I purchased D.Smart's Battlecrusier edition very first edition. IT HAD A BRIDGE VIEW. You probably were were riding your tricycle back then. Don't give me that crap there is a bridge view. Derek Smart just forgot to include it in the gold edition.

In the original you could tell you were on the bridge.

quote:

You do not have the latest Battlecrusier Millennium Gold, but the 2nd edition of BM.. When you scroll down to the last "ship" icon on the deep space screen, there is NOTHING that says bridge. If you click on the "ship" all you get are a list of commands. THERE IS NO BRIDGE VIEW. The deep space view still remains.

Actually, I have every BC game except the boxed 2.0 version of BC3K ( I have the boxed 1.0 and the boxed 2.07 versions), so I'm assuming that when you mean "bridge", you are refering to the BMP cockpit artwork from BC3K?

That was taken out in BCM 1.0.

Just as in every single "space-sim" game I've ever played, the "bridge" is the part of the game with the HUD, weapons, forward view, ect., but maybe I'm playing a different game.

..and sorry I gave you that manual page from Universal Combat, not BCM-G which is on page 21 ( and it also has a nice little graphic to show you all the elements of the HUD).

quote:

You know something smart guy, many years ago I purchased D.Smart's Battlecrusier edition very first edition. IT HAD A BRIDGE VIEW. You probably were were riding your tricycle back then. Don't give me that crap there is a bridge view. Derek Smart just forgot to include it in the gold editionn In the original you could tell you were on the bridge.

I don't know what your damn problem is, but maybe you should lighten up and stop wearing your damn feelings on your sleeve...either that, or grow a sense of humor.

You ain't gonna last long here with that attitude.

quote:

You know something smart guy, many years ago I purchased D.Smart's Battlecrusier edition very first edition. IT HAD A BRIDGE VIEW. You probably were were riding your tricycle back then. Don't give me that crap there is a bridge view. Derek Smart just forgot to include it in the gold edition.

In the original you could tell you were on the bridge.

You've been here less than a day, created THREE threads all saying the same thing. THEN, you report no less then two perfectly fine posts (by Shingen and someone else) to the admins asking that the posters be banned (yeah, right; as if); thereby abusing the report a post feature.

Obviously you'd rather clutter the boards, than read the game manual and learn how to play the game.

Your posting rights have been revoked. In a month after you have actually read the board, learned how to play the game, READ the manual AND the tutorial, you can send email to [email protected] requesting that your posting rights be restored. Don't BOTHER sending any emails before that because they will be ignored and deleted. If you persist, you will be site wide banned.