Problem with BCM Gold (UK) manual

quassamo

Sorry that i do not have the registration thing on my sig. It is 11:30pm and I'v only just registerd.

Right, here we go,I have recently purchased a copy of "Battlecruiser Millenium GoldEdition". Upon booting it onto my machine and starting to play i realised how amazingly complicated the whole game is, with out a manual. I have a "User's Guide" which seems to miss out information such as, how to read urgent messages. I have so far got no where on the game and am thoroughly bored and dissatisfied with it as the Urgent Messages are so urgent that they forget to tell you in the tutorial how to read them. Also when browsing the forums I find such posts as "Turn to page 176 in the manual." Well, thats a shame as my manual goes from page 0-50! Also when browsing your website for a downloadable version, I was unable to find one. Please could you send me a link or a copy over the internet so I can start to enjoy what I expect but cannot find out is a excellent simulation. Please send any emails to [email protected]

Please help me!

[ 10-07-2004, 02:15 PM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

Where did you buy the game without a manual? BCM Gold - all versions - come with fully PRINTED manual.

And please fix your sig. In the time it took for you to type that up, you could have done that.

Also, please indicate where you are from in your forum registration. n/a is not a valid location.

I bought it from Game, it has a User's Guide which goes from Page 0-50.

Also i had that message above saved, I sent tech support a email, which they replyed "Download a patch, it has it on that" which it didnt.

Sorry Derek, but this time unluckly you're wrong: as a matter of fact, I've had quassamo's same problem.

I regularly (is the spelling correct? ) bought my copy of BCMG from my trusted videogame store, and as I opened the package, I found a 50 pages user guide. And the paper with the multiplayer key code. And the game CD.

Nuthin' more.

Now, thanks to DennyMala, I've found a solution to this problem (quassamo, fix your sign with your System Profile, so that I'll know you own a legal copy, and I'll PM you how to solve the problem), but the matter is: the "manual" I found in the package, tells the many of the things a player can do (not even all of them), but doesn't explain how to do them.

I haven't PMed you before because so far I thought it could have been only a problem of my Italian version (you know, often our importers are quite superficial, especially about videogames, so I got some kinda accustomed to such trouble), but now that I see that also other users from other countries have the same problem, so I guess the problem is a little more widespread.

The most funny thing is: when reading about the possibility to exit form a vehicle and wandering around in First Person Mode, the manual said something like "for more infos about the First Person Mode, go and read the First Person Careers section"... well, I scanned all the manual several times and I didn't find ANY First Person Career Section.

Many sections are missing, included the "How to Do" one...

Anyway, if you need a deeper feedback, I'll be happy to help.

Quassamo, CLICK HERE to read instructions on how to register.

quote:

Originally posted by Sparhawk:

Sorry Derek, but this time unluckly you're wrong: as a matter of fact, I've had quassamo's same problem.

Rubbish. If he didn't previously have n/a in his profile, I would have known that he was from the UK and would have told him WHY his printed manual is different.

The UK manual (now that we know he's from the UK) is an abbreviated version of the US full manual. Thank Dreamcatcher Europe for that one.

And where did you find this online copy of the manual? Please PM me with the details because the manual is not 152 pages.

If you read the post at the top of the forum, where it says READ THIS NOW!, you will see where to register the game. Please fix your sig before posting again.

I deleted the email after breifly (i never read registration emails propoly) reading it, not realising you had to put it into your profile, I just tried to register again and it said the code was already in use! It told me to email [email protected] so I did.

The COMMLINK computer is used for messages. So, when you get that message, you uhm, just press ALT+C to go to the full screen version, or move your mouse to the top of the display, click there and read the smaller HUD based version.

• 3 months later...

This is all very interesting but I still have no manual, whatsoever, and I'm trying to play this game for more than year now!

I'm not from UK but from Portugal and I have exactly the same problem as quassamo, which doesn't seem to be solved here.

What do we do to have access to a decent manual instead of a 50 page "User Guide"?

Thank you.

I've found one in the docs folder, is that it?

Thank you very much Commander, I'm looking seriously into it now!

I don't understand why I didn't look in the docs folder in the first place, but I was assuming that the "User Guide" that came with the CD was the real manual everyone was telling me to read and "go to bed with"...

So I became more and more puzzled until I saw this topic.