xtracting mining drones

gehae

Any suggestions?

So I've been mining and extracting with no problems, then I suddenly can't get my shuttles to extract the drones. I even hopped in a shuttle myself and tried the extract option there. And, I tried recovering the drone using the tractor - tried both from the cc and from a shuttle. In both cases, I can tow the drone, but I can't recover or deliver it. All I get is a failed docking error. My shuttles and CC are in 100% good shape, and since all 4 mining drones are deployed, the problem isn't that the shuttle I'm using already has a drone loaded. I made sure the shuttle craft cargo bays are empty (although that shouldn't have any bearing on the problem). I made sure the marines assigned to the shuttles have an AI rating of at least 18. Finally, I looked through all 11 posts I found that had the words 'mining drone extract' in them. Any ideas?

quote:

destroy your shuttles and buy new ones

I thought about doing that... seems like in other games I've had shuttles killed or stolen and couldn't buy new ones. I'm not sure if my problem then was that I didn't have enough credit or if I wasn't doing something correctly.

I was either in logistics or tactical loadout and when I clicked on the missing shuttle the response I got was that there was no replacement available. I tried at a couple stations, including galcom.

Anyway, I've got lots of cash right now, so I'll give it a try.

I have had this problem with extracting mining drones using Marine pilots. As you will notice in the other posts around the forums, there is

1. an issue with extracting on uneven ground
  2. an issue with low AI of Marines

Two things I have noticed / done...

1. used a Pilot for the shuttle - worked when the Marine just couldn't improvise/adapt/overcome.
  2. when sending a shuttle to extract a mdrone, you need to make sure that you are telling it to extract the correct # of the mdrone (i.e.: extract mdrone 3.) If the mdrone that is out is #2 and you tell the shuttle to extract mdrone 3 it will not extract the drone.

quote:

I've had shuttles killed or stolen and couldn't buy new ones. I'm not sure if my problem then was that I didn't have enough credit or if I wasn't doing something correctly.

I was either in logistics or tactical loadout and when I clicked on the missing shuttle the response I got was that there was no replacement available.

Yes, you can purchase new mdrones. You cannot do it through Tactical or Logistix - that is where you replace them once you have purchased them. You have to go through Tradcom

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

alright took me a while to find this thread but.. ok, i am new to the game, 2 days xp so far, well, 0 days since i just bought the game and have to start over, was playing through gametap

Anyways, i was curious what the correct proceedure is for extracting a drone, i tried using TACOPS and setting WP to Extract MDrone #ect, tried issuing commands to the drone itself which didnt give me any options but still i could not get it to stop roamin around aimlessly, i TOWed the thing to space while i set in my G-Super Carrier and tried / and ALT+D and didnt work so i called the marine incompitent and if i could have i swear i would have put a bullet in his head, so i told him to dock and i sit my ass in the shuttle, launched and TOWed it BACK to the moon i was mining and used the interface option to the right just as quick as i disabled the TOW to extract it, it worked but i would like to use all 4 drones and if i gotta extract manually thats going to be rough.

On a side note, i cant use my AEs guns, for some reason i cant unholster the gun, i press 1-3 and it equips the wristlaser/rifle/gun or whatever BUT it doest come out of the holster, i zoom in and it is aiming at the ground straight out of the holster, while my hands in F9 have assumed the position. I can use nades though, i have to run like hell after i toss em at my feet but it works, and if my marines are distracting the enemies i tried to jump over with my rifle equipped and shoot em in prone, but never could get a hit ... This is with gametaps version so i doubt ill have the problem now IF its not a user error which is what im asking.

I dont mean to sound stubborn or whatnot, but i have had the manual open on my labtop for 2 days while grinding hours away at learning this game, I do realize i could have missed a few things which is why i dont ask some of the more ridiculous questions that i know i prob just missed in the manual. I have a lot of respect for the idea and really wonder why it wasnt/isnt better advertised.

==GAME KEYBOARD COMMANDS==

FIRST PERSON MODE

-HOLSTER CURRENT WEAPON 0

Page 3 of 3

Doesnt do anything, weapon (sniper rifle) stays at his side in what would seem to be a pistol holster - aimed at the ground, weapon is in the lower left window showing as if it is equipped, my AEs hands also assume the position, holding the rifle - invisible rifle at that - and i can use it, but its aimed straight at the ground (while hands are aiming the invisible gun straight ahead) and in F9 view it is in the holster at his hip. (can submit a Screenshot but i have to leave for LA in 2 hrs and wont be back until 26 Dec)

==GAME MANUAL also end of GAME TUTORIAL i was using earlier==

-7.1 SHUTTLES

MINING OPERATIONS

Page 62 of 96

ect ect

To later retrieve the drone, you can either use the same steps above, but set a extract

drone waypoint near the drone, or manually fly a shuttle and retrieve the shuttle yourself,

using the shuttle HUD menu.

I did that, but the mining drone would not extract, with the correct drone number, the shuttle circled - i changed the proceed to next wp to 4km, added next wp to extract drone #ect (tried with both Setpos and without a Setpos, even with a Setpos it didnt matter cause the drone was long gone from the pos b4 the shuttle arrived), now it landed and gave a ... ahh forgot the shuttle said it was taking off in 5 or something (did same with Extract Team, but i had no issues at all with extracting team), but the mining drone kept roaming, wouldnt stop. This was all through TACOPS, i had no problems extracting manually.

They both work just fine.

If you are using cheats, then there is no way for the AE to holster a rifle if there is already one attached to his back.

Drone extracting works. Search the forums or read the manual to find out what you are doing wrong. Nobody is going to repeat that information.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

They both work just fine.

Drone extracting works. Search the forums or read the manual to find out what you are doing wrong. Nobody is going to repeat that information.

And it's the airlock for anyone who does.

• 4 weeks later...