BCM-Reloaded!

teknocack

Just for fun, I installed the BCM that came as a bonus for getting UCAWA early and I had forgotten how much the music rocked in this one. I actually had to copy and paste into my UCAWA folder!

Kind of interesting to go back and see what changed. You know, I like the look of the old interface a little better than the current one.

I'm just having a blast getting blasted from the past!

Next up is trying to find another PC for BC3K or trying to get it to run under Win XP.

You know in winxp there is a option to make games compatible for win95 its a option under the propertys i think if you do it i think it will simulate windows 95 when you start up the game making the game think its running on the required OS but i'v never tested it and its only theory maybe someone in here knows what it does?

Actually there are a few things to do before what you describe, just to get the game to install. I'll have to find the thread again but I may not need it because a buddy of mine is giving me his fathers old computer, and it's oooooold. Probably has Win95 or 98 on it. Original Pentium machine it think.

quote:

Originally posted by Teknocack Prime:

Kind of interesting to go back and see what changed. You know, I like the look of the old interface a little better than the current one.

I liked the blue.

quote:

Originally posted by Teknocack Prime:

I'm just having a blast getting blasted from the past!

I hear you!

I got BCM running on a basement PC (Win98) To show my 12 yr old son. As much fun as it was, it made me appreciate what I have now all the more.

Still, I think I'll follow your lead and copy the music over to UC.

As a matter of fact, you CAN install and run BC3k under WinXP. I'm not talking about the 2.09 freeware, but the 2.0 CD version, since the freeware one is hardlocked not to install on WinXP machines. Once you have installed the CD version and patched it all the way up to 2.09, you must adjust the game's windows combatibility to Win95. You might want to fine-tune the mouse behaviour from the BC3K shortcut too. I remember having problems with mouse ingame movement.

Keep in mind that BC3K on WinXP is not officially supported.In fact, SC has stated (someone correct me if not) that the game won't work under WinXP, which is correct ofcourse, unless you're familiar with your OS and aware of WinXP combatibility mode.