SDK for BCMG???????

CaptnKarob

SC - Would you ever consider releasing a SDK for BCMG mods - or maybe even open-sourcing it now that it is unsupported like Microsoft did with freeallegience? The reason I ask is that there are features that I would LOVE to see included but for various reasons you have indicated that they will never happen (like multi-monitor support). I understand that you have your reasons and I won't argue with you - it is your game, but every time I play BCMG I wish it could be just a little bit more immersive. I even built a cockpit complete with analog switches and buttons for every keyboard command than almost completely eliminates the need for a keyboard and minimizes the use of a mouse. If I could have multi-monitor support and have the TACSCAN, NID, and CVD in separate, smaller monitors and indicator LEDs for things like CAS, SAS, IFF indicators and maybe retrieve parameters like speed, PTA System status, Main Gun Status, Shield strength, etc so they could be displayed in a "Glass cockpit" or even in analog instruments it would be a dream come true.

I am a developer myself - although not a game developer - so if you would allow it I could do some of these things myself. Of course I would freely share with the BCMG community.

I know there's probably little chance that you would consider this, but a guy can dream right?

Thanks for making a great space sim!

I can probably guess with reaonable certaininty that the answer to this is gonna be flat out no. Though I believe the GBS is available for your scripting pleasure

but I have been proven wrong before...

quote:

Originally posted by Marvin:

I'd like to see that cockpit, though.

It's in pieces right now while I make some modifications (like adding a heater - the cockpit is in an unheated garage and I live in Maine). Maybe I'll put some pictures up on my personal web space later. I'll post a link here when I do.

quote:

Originally posted by Marvin:

quote:

Originally posted by CaptnKarob:

It's in pieces right now while I make some modifications (like adding a heater - the cockpit is in an unheated garage and I live in Maine).

Would that be a space heater?

Of course!

LOL

The cockpit already has an integrated cooling system controllable from the instrument panel. I'll be wiring the controls for the heater into the same panel as the cooling fan and using metal dryer duct to route the hot air inside the cockpit. The air intake for the heater will be filtered with industrial clean-room filters to filter out as much dust as possible so it doesn't get into the electronics.

As you can tell I take my sims very, very seriously.