Multiplayer Help!

Guest Odyssey

Guest Odyssey

Hello everyone, allow me to introduce myself,

I am Fleet Admiral Odyssey, Commanding Officer of GR's Operations Department and Executive Officer of the clan in general, I bought this game some time ago, probably in 2002 or 2004, Whenever it was, lol I haven't played it online, not even once, Everytime I go into "join MP Server", no server ever comes up, Now from I understand after reading some posts in these forums, It appears that servers are NOT public and only private servers can be hosted, Now what I need to now is, Do I have to buy a server or rent a server for the period that I wish to play the game ? Because I would very much so love to play online, and the current clan that im in would love to start up a Division in that game, Anyway, I was just wondering about the above questions and I was wondering if anyone here hosts a server on weekends, or during the week, Could I please join in, As I badly want to experience the game play, Im sure you could all understand the pain ive gone through watching a server go up daily, and it having a password on it, lol ... So please, if anyone is planning on playing anytime soon, could they please let me join in, If so, please PM me the password, time & date, That would be really cool.

Thanks,

Odyssey

(EDIT by ADMINS: big pics in sigs are not allowed here. Your profile has been edited accordingly.)

[ 03-20-2006, 04:44 PM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

Guest Odyssey

Hold up a damn second here, I thought maybe nobody noticed my post until I seen the big red writing saying that my sigs too big?, And tell me this

Mr. DennyMala, did it ever dawn on you that maybe it would have been nice to respond to my post?

I've had this game for over 4 years now or something, and I have NEVER played it online, I asked some simple questions which should have been answered by the "staff".

Nice to see the service is standard -_-

And i'll go ahead and assume that the next course of action taken will be, *mouse clicks on GR^Odyssey, clicks on ban* there, no work needed to be done

Don't be forum nazi's, just help me out.

You'll not be banned just for that kind of behaviour; unless if it will happen more than once. Consider yourself warned, an uncommon privilege here.

I did not respond because I had nothing to say to answer you that you already didn't know; assuming you already read some topics as you stated.

However if you would like to hear that again, here you are....

The BCMG servers have been converted to UC first and UCAWA later. There is no more BCMG servers available unless someone privately put it up and set it as public. Period.

Anyone can privately put up a server, you too if you want your organization to have a place where to play.

The official servers are reserved to fleet operations and beside no fleet or organization is allowed apart from the estabilished ones that are here per SC's order and commissionment.

I didn't stated this before as I wouldn't want to sound too strict to a new member but now I sincerely feel the need to clear this in advance to avoid further misunderstanding.

You're free to set up a division in your clan for this game but you'll not got any official recognition of your fleet.

That's all I can add on the matter. And this is why I didn't answer before.

Take care and behave politely, we have a very low tolerance on this board.

[ 03-20-2006, 08:55 AM: Message edited by: DennyMala ]

quote:

Originally posted by GR^Odyssey:

Hold up a damn second here, I thought maybe nobody noticed my post until I seen the big red writing saying that my sigs too big?, And tell me this

You can't be serious. Do you really think nobody noticed your post?

Tip: NOBODY around here responds to posts which already have threads.

In fact, I'm surprised that an admin didn't delete the thread.

Nobody cares if you've had the game for ten years.

The 3000AD servers are our official servers which we host our games on. If you want a BCMG server, go set one up. But you would know that if you'd actually read the multiplayer forum threads. But no; that would be too easy.

quote:

Originally posted by Wolferz:

/paints swastika on inner airlock door and waxes the deckplates in front of it.

Table for one? Right this way

How's that for service?

*splutter* LMAO!!!

Calm down. You can host your own server, if you have a decent upload speed, with or without a password. You can't hire a server for BCMG from anyone, mp has moved over to UC and UC:AWA on the whole because of the massive improvements in the mp engine since BCMG. If I still had a working copy of BCMG (which I don't, because my install CD has deteriorated), I'd host a server for you for a couple of hours, despite the fact my connection isn't that fast (only 200/200). If you had UC or UC:AWA, then I'd be able to do it for you no problem (we're in almost the same time zone). I can ask around to see if anyone I know is able to host a server for you (though I'm not sure there's much chance of that), I don't know who it is that has been running the servers you saw.

Later,

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

In fact, I'm surprised that an admin didn't delete the thread.

I didn't do that just because he was asking if someone was hosting a game server and he could have been lucky with that having someone to answer....I'm regretting leaving that post up....

Odyssey...

With the attitude you just displayed, and the calling of admins you know what, it is VERY unlikely that the SC will ever authorize your clan to be a fleet in UC, perhaps even UCO

You don't have any right coming on this board and calling the admins "Forum Nazi's" just because they are upholding their rules

Now, speaking from experience, as a Tactical Officer for Prime Fleet, my superior is the Supreme Commander, or, the person who posted right above me

How do you think he would feel if I went to another board and chasized it for it's own rules? Not only am I reflecting Prime Fleet, but, in a way, I'm also reflecting the community

That being said. As a Fleet Commander for your clan, you shouldn't be going on another persons board and calling that board's admins "Forum Nazi's" not only is it VERY rude, but it also shows a severe lack of MATURITY and self concious for the person who said it, but in a way, it also reflects how POORLY that clan is run

One more thing "fleet admiral" you broke your own rules, and violated Directive 14 -

Proper Behaviour.

A Galactic Rangers member should not be impolite and he should not show an offensive or molest behaviour against other clans and our own members.

Now, granted this is a board, but the principle still applys, after all, you ARE playing Derek's games, and if you decide to be impolite to him, he can easily pull the plug on ANY chance of you and your members EVER playing on his servers

Guest Odyssey

quote:

Originally posted by Kalshion:

Odyssey...

With the attitude you just displayed, and the calling of admins you know what, it is VERY unlikely that the SC will ever authorize your clan to be a fleet in UC, perhaps even UCO

You don't have any right coming on this board and calling the admins "Forum Nazi's" just because they are upholding their rules

Now, speaking from experience, as a Tactical Officer for Prime Fleet, my superior is the Supreme Commander, or, the person who posted right above me

How do you think he would feel if I went to another board and chasized it for it's own rules? Not only am I reflecting Prime Fleet, but, in a way, I'm also reflecting the community

That being said. As a Fleet Commander for your clan, you shouldn't be going on another persons board and calling that board's admins "Forum Nazi's" not only is it VERY rude, but it also shows a severe lack of MATURITY and self concious for the person who said it, but in a way, it also reflects how POORLY that clan is run

One more thing "fleet admiral" you broke your own rules, and violated Directive 14 -

Proper Behaviour.

A Galactic Rangers member should not be impolite and he should not show an offensive or molest behaviour against other clans and our own members.

Now, granted this is a board, but the principle still applys, after all, you ARE playing Derek's games, and if you decide to be impolite to him, he can easily pull the plug on ANY chance of you and your members EVER playing on his servers

Proper Behaviour.

This applies to those who play in the same "community" as we do, And the SC can stop us from playing on his servers? let him, There is nothing stopping him,Actually, Im not going to spend the next few weeks talking about rules, It is after all hard to talk about rules that the own rulers could bend around.

The game is good, but is far to boring to be playing in single player, so ive just thrown the CD out, kinda stupid, had it for a good ammount of time,

btw, how do you expect to keep a community going when there are NO servers to play in, people, new people that is will and could not be expected spending a few hours changing settings around, messing around with stuff, then to find out that you have to be invited to join a private server, waste of time, So again, I say fair balls to whoever made it, It has good game play, good idea, nice speed, game engine etc ...

(P├│g m├│ t├│in )

...this could get ugly. Me; I'm just gonna watch. Until I've had enough that is.

Before I go, please tell me this. Who the hell is responsible for setting up a server to play a 2.5yr old game? You simply cannot be serious. You want to play on someone else's server that they're paying for, then go buy the most recent game for which there are servers [currently] running 24/7.

*cracks knuckles*

I'm not going to make this ugly unless my commanding officers tell me to

---

Listen very carefully here "Fleet Admiral"

While on this board you are representing YOUR clan

Please remember this: Coming onto another game's board (espically the board of the game that your clan is affiliated with) and going after the Administrators is a SERIOUS mistake

However, going as far as saying that the admins here would willing bend the rules is a far greater mistake, you have only been here a day or two at best, meaning you know JACK about our admins

Let me make one thing absolutely clear here: The Admins on this board don't "bend" the rules to suit their needs, in fact, an admin lost his powers for something that I will not go into, but I will say this: The SC doesn't like it when his admins go on tangents, and even more, they are only admins because HE, The President of 3000AD, can TRUST them

Meaning: Don't come on this board and cast wild accusations unless you have cold hard proof.

Do. I. Make. My. Self. CLEAR?

Now, Remo and the SC might not like what I'm about to say, but unless they tell me to shut up or revoke my posting rights, then I guess it won't be a problem... after all.. you already caused enough problems by fausly accusing our admins, and by going as far as insulting them, the next time you decide to post on this board, I strongly recommend that you come with a far better attitude, got that? Cadet?

You are representing your clan, remember that

As was stated previously, we tend not to post if a question has been answered and its not uncommon for a thread to disappear w/o warning if its a duplicate.

Couple of things to help you along:

1. We have rules here that we abide by not bend; remember, posting here isn't a right.

2. The search function actually works very well on this board due, in a large part, to our rules.

3. There is nothing preventing you from hosting your own servers and there is nothing requiring 3000ad to host them for you.

So long as you follow the proper procedures and don't break any rules you will find your stay on this board can be quite profitable and enjoyable.

PS please refrain from the unnecessary language... even in other languages.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

No problem. I've changed the subject anyway. So anyone asking about BCMG mp, can post in here.

But just watch, someone is going to create another thread about it. I can't wait.

LOL! I sense that soon....

For the rest.....

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Odyssey

quote:

Originally posted by Kalshion:

*cracks knuckles*

I'm not going to make this ugly unless my commanding officers tell me to

---

Listen very carefully here "Fleet Admiral"

While on this board you are representing YOUR clan

Please remember this: Coming onto another game's board (espically the board of the game that your clan is affiliated with) and going after the Administrators is a SERIOUS mistake

However, going as far as saying that the admins here would willing bend the rules is a far greater mistake, you have only been here a day or two at best, meaning you know JACK about our admins

Let me make one thing absolutely clear here: The Admins on this board don't "bend" the rules to suit their needs, in fact, an admin lost his powers for something that I will not go into, but I will say this: The SC doesn't like it when his admins go on tangents, and even more, they are only admins because HE, The President of 3000AD, can TRUST them

Meaning: Don't come on this board and cast wild accusations unless you have cold hard proof.

Do. I. Make. My. Self. CLEAR?

Now, Remo and the SC might not like what I'm about to say, but unless they tell me to shut up or revoke my posting rights, then I guess it won't be a problem... after all.. you already caused enough problems by fausly accusing our admins, and by going as far as insulting them, the next time you decide to post on this board, I strongly recommend that you come with a far better attitude, got that?
Cadet?

You are representing your clan, remember that

Listen, I came here looking for help, which was needed, and nobody was helping, just because this question was asked several time before? then why couldn't anyone point me in that direction, its hard enough trying to figure out how to use this "type" of forum, and don't you dare question my rank ... I have earned that rank for my hard work and dedication to the community im apart of, I have set goals and done them, which is where GR is today, but tell me, what have you ever done that is so special, cleaned your teeth that morning? dressed yourself? I congratulate you on your recent completed objectives <<--Just for you.

"You are representing your clan, remember that"

You're 100% right, I do and each and every member of GR would be right behind me all the way ...

I admit, Im a little bit differant from other leaders ... I don't do diplomacy/relations the way others would being so nice and friendly all the time, someone chooses to be my foe,then fine, don't expect a drink or hand from me in future, everything I do and have done always ends up with a good result, for example . . . You're making an attempt to be the brave guy, cracking your knuckles, lol ... making yourself clear? of course you are, only the people who read this thread are getting a laugh out of this ... the SC & Remo are probably breaking their shit laughing at every post

Now, from what ive heard .. SC made the game and hosted the servers, correct? and yet when I was really looking for help, and not trying to cause agro, my sig was removed(Rules, I agree with them) but yet my post was unanswered ... from the very guys who made the game, and hosted it ... seemed strange to me ... anyway, im off .. half of you will be happy to get rid of me

*Last request: Please delete my account, thank you.

Goodbye.