Installation Issues (resolved)

Supreme Cmdr

I know this is documented in the FAQ, but I thought I'd post it here again.

BCM does NOT have ANYTHING to do with Installshield Express installer problems. NOTHING at all.

If you have installer issues, make sure that you disable ALL running programs before attempting to run the SETUP.EXE off the CDROM. You can also try executing the .MSI file directly, if your system has Windows Installer properly installed.

[ 11-22-2001: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

I am having trouble getting the game installed and i have already registered my copy. My problem occurs every time the installer gets to "Copying New Files" part of the install. After 1 or 2 tics appear the installer crashes.

I also end all the programs that are running except explore and systray before i start the install. I know installer crashes are not the SC fault, but i was wondering if anyone knows any reason it might crash or a way to check to make sure the installer is installed properly.

I cannont reformat and reinstall windows because i am in moving limbo. I am in a temperary apartment untill our new house is finished and all of are stuff is packed. Therefore i do not have access to all of the drivers for my computer or the proper software to access the internet once i reformat and reinstall windows.

Do you have enough disk space? You need at least 500MB free.

Also, try deleting the folder and ALL files in your C:TEMP or C:WINDOWSTEMP or C:WINNTTEMP, then try to install.

You can also try to install by double-clicking on the .MSI file on the CDROM. If you have Windows Installer on your machine, then it should work.