Mouse problem (resolved)

modarken

I have too, had this problem, I have read the faq, and tried restoring it to defaults, I've even tried reinstalling my mouse drivers,(whatever good that will do), and it's still the same... this is still a great game SC, just this one little bug is getting to me, it's really inconvienient in tacops...

What video card? This problem (mouse flickering on/off) happens on Voodoo cards and there is NOTHING that I can do about it. Its a driver problem.

What mouse?

What mouse driver?

Does it do the same thing when BCM is run in a window?

See the bottom of the FAQ for windowed mode commandline options (these are for testing only!).

And whatever you guys do, the first person to post an old or unofficial driver version, is getting banned from posting. You HAVE been warned. The rule of thumb is to ALWAYS update your drivers.

geforce 2 card, so, no its not a voodoo, and it's some generic mouse I picked up for a buck, with intellemouse drivers...I'm not sure what drivers for the card though, I"m sure they could be updated, I"m still using the ones that came with it, I might go d/l the latest drivers now...

oh, sorry, no, it doesn't do the same thing in a window, thanks SC...heh

[ 11-20-2001: Message edited by: Commander Blake ]

Having the same problems myself. I have a mouse icon but it flickers randomly, at some points during the game i loose it entirely and am stuck with guessing where it is at. Using Microsoft Intellexplorer, driver version 3.20.0.484. Haven't had a single mouse related problem until this game. Also using Geforce2 vid card if that's related.

OK, I can't reproduce this on my GF2 GTS. So, I need more info. Particularly these. Also, I'm going to assume that you are ALL running the 21.83 WHQL drivers for the GF2 and the latest mouse drivers.

1. At what point do you lose the mouse pointer?
  2. Does the same thing occur when you are on the bridge? e.g. on a Battlecruiser
  3. What happens to the mouse cursor if you go from the bridge to a Frontend system (e.g. Tactical, Logistix etc) and vice versa?
  4. What version of MouseWare, Intellimouse etc?

I need a guinea pig to uninstall the mouse program e.g. Intellimouse, MouseWare etc and reboot. This will cause the system mouse to be use. You can re-install it later. Then try the above. Does it work then?

quote:

Originally posted by Conscript:

Hate to be the one to ask this, but where can one acquire WHQL 21.83. I've scoured the microsoft site with no sucess.

To get the latest drivers for your video card, visit:

http://www.nvidia.com

At the top click on "Download drivers" and select your operating system. Then read all the instructions.

Sorry,

Didn't mean to put you through trouble, but updated drivers means three different drivers for my system, (Beta drivers, Primary Company Official Drivers, and of course nvidia). For me each one is needed to run something else that demands different things or produces some other weird error. Don't kill the new guy

quote:

Originally posted by Conscript:

Sorry,

Didn't mean to put you through trouble, but updated drivers means three different drivers for my system, (Beta drivers, Primary Company Official Drivers, and of course nvidia). For me each one is needed to run something else that demands different things or produces some other weird error. Don't kill the new guy

Nah, its OK. Its amnesty week for newbies.