Joystick Problem (resolved)

KhalaRae

First of all I just registured, but I put down Kain Blackthorne as my login name, which of course is wrong. My login name is KhalaRae. Sorry.

On to my problem. I'm not sure if I am just not seeing something, but I'm having trouble using my joystick in the game. I read the entire manual, I read the FAQ, set my Presicion 2 controller ID to 1, and yet my Microsoft Presicion 2 joystick will not respond in the game. Infact, the only way I can get any response out of my joystick is to program the keybaord keys (Button 1 Fire = Enter) into the sidewinder profiles. However, my rudder, twisting action, and even regular x/y movement axis do not respond.

Now here is the kicker, my other gamepad, Microsoft Game Pad Pro, DOES work. Turning, buttons, everything. I'm dumbfounded. Thanks in advance for your help.

[ 11-23-2001: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

I have never had any luck setting game controller IDs to different numbers...in my experience, controller 2 has ALWAYS been ignored and I've had nothing but trouble.

Disconnect your game pad and try using the joystick alone - make sure it is the lowest ID/default controller and try the game again. If it works, upgrade your stuff to USB - plug'n'play baby