Win98 1st edition

AMD Athalon 1.2gigahertz

512mb ram

Voodoo4 w/32mb ram

Soundblaster Live! Platnium 5.1

All drivers are updated

windows is updated

DirectX is current version

1) when i try to change a setting in the keys menu the game freeze's.

2)When i go to the tacops screen the game crashes to windows.(sometimes)

3)when i am on planet i run in place i dont move.

4)joystick control is odd i cant configure it in the keys menu cause like i said when i try to change somthing in the keys menu it freezes the game.

5) when i am in flight in a fighter or the main ship and i change to a menu the game crashes.(sometimes)

6) did you beta test this game before release? Doesnt seem like it.

7)i can play the game for about 10 to 15 min then the game crashes to windows.

Im sorry to say this but this game is pretty much unplayable out of box,i hope there is a patch on the way.The game is cool but i wish i could play it alot longer than 10min.I did try to play in Windows Me with no luck.

signed; James Barrek

P.S. I hope this is the right place for this.

[ 11-20-2001: Message edited by: jbarrek27 ]

[ 11-22-2001: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

[ 11-25-2001: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

There IS a reason I deleted this thread before. In the future, if you don't create threads with decriptive subjects, they will be deleted.

1. No it doesn't. Its waiting for input. Read the manual.
  2. Read the other thread about this
  3. Yeah right
  4. Goto #1
  5. Goto 7
  6. No
  7. Once I dig up my crystal ball from the pile of crap over there in the corner, I'll use it to inspect your system config.

I suppose all the people playing it out of the box are just lying. Yeah OK. The VCF doesn't contain ANY entries of what you are reporting. So, a patch is not going to solve your problem - no matter what they are. If you feel that the game is unplayable out of the box, grab your receipt, go to EB and get a refund. Whatever you do, if you post another impolite message like this, you WILL be banned. NO QUESTIONS ASKED. You must be mistaken this forum for one of the other gaming forums gamers like you misuse and abuse.

Derek i wasnt trying to be mean and i am telling the truth about not being able to move when i am on planet out of a vehicle.If i was able to show a little movie clip of it i would show you.I wasnt trying to start a fight or a flame war.I have always loved your games.Plus i am not trying to abuse this board for goodness sake or any other board.Please apologize. I apologize if i seemed rude in my last post,i wasnt trying to be.If this post seemed rude i didnt mean it.Also i am not like those other gamers i dont start flame wars or fights i dont believe in them.

[ 11-20-2001: Message edited by: jbarrek27 ]

OK. I understand. Just making sure that you were a disruptor or something. We don't take too kindly to newbies who start posting messages such as yours, out of the clear Blue sky. In fact, normally, it would be deleted.

Anyway, I am SURE that you are moving. If you are expecting to move at 80 mph like other fps games, thats not going to happen. Press the backspace key to toggle run mode, then press the W key and you will see that you move faster (9 mps).

There is NO reason why you shouldn't be able to move. None.

You STILL have not provided your system specs.

[ 11-20-2001: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

hehe im no newbie to this board i used to have a username called Endeavour i think,its been a long time,since the first 3000ad.To be honest i didnt know there was another topic with this topic's name.

Im sorry sir when i first posted i had to repost. for some reason the post didnt show i am sorry,here they are boss;

AMD Athalon 1.2gigahertz

512mb sdram

Voodoo4 w/32mb ram

Soundblaster Live! Platnium 5.1

Saitek Flight Control System (stick/throttle combo)

Win98 1st edition

DirectX 8.0a

Everything is updated.

P.S. Look at my very first post in this topic,my system specs are there.

[ 11-21-2001: Message edited by: jbarrek27 ]

Guest Melanie650

Seems like you and me are having the same problems.. I also noticed you have 512 megs of RAM. I really think it's a RAM issue like maybe the game is misreading it or something I dunno. But maybe since we both have 512 megs of RAM. Maybe the SC can check it out.

this is what i did;

i went to the main title screen where there is new game,resume,etc.

then i went to configure then i went to KEYS then i pressed FP. when i press the 2nd selection called MOVE FORWARD W the word MOVE FORWARD turns white i press a key that i want replaced instead of W like for example the up arrow,nothing happens,i wait like 2min try another key nothing happens.the game is frozen as soon as i press the MOVE FORWARD.This is the truth.the game just freezes after that.

I hope this all made sence,im not good at writing letters.

quote:

Originally posted by jbarrek27:

this is what i did;

i went to the main title screen where there is new game,resume,etc.

then i went to configure then i went to KEYS then i pressed FP. when i press the 2nd selection called MOVE FORWARD W the word MOVE FORWARD turns white i press a key that i want replaced instead of W like for example the up arrow,nothing happens,i wait like 2min try another key nothing happens.the game is frozen as soon as i press the MOVE FORWARD.This is the truth.the game just freezes after that.

I hope this all made sence,im not good at writing letters.

What happens when you press ESC? Anyway, I think the game is waiting for input. If the line stays White, thats an indication of that. The way it works is pn p5 of the manual.

The only issue in CONFIG that I plan on changing by removing it from CONFIG is the mapping of the mouse button 01 (right mouse button). The fp mouse look is hardcoded so, even if you use that button (i.e you change it to walk forward), it will be ignored in the game.

Anyway, first things first. Upgrade to DX 8.1 as well as Windows Media Player 7.1.

Also make sure you are using the latest drivers that 3Dfx released for the V4 (or at the very least the x3Dfx drivers. check the FAQ for links). Remember, the game requires DX 8 and those drivers are not certified for it. So, there's not much that I can do. Hence the warning on the game box.

Try the above and we'll go from there.

Ok, this is getting weird. Whenever I just to a different space region and try to target a planet using the NID display the pop up tag gets bigger. Now I found out that when I click on the lowest vertical icon on the right of the screen ( where you can switch stations, issue orders to command craft, and fighters) I see that the choices to switch stations, save and exit, and basically everything below the choice for CC orders are not there. I can't play anywhere but my starting space region. Need help.