Low Priority: Wrong object in Tau Ceti/Arima System (resolved)

Vandal

As I was completing TOD1M1 I noticed that the supply depot in this system looks identical to Tulon - Multination/Raider station. They also over lap which might cause game problems if one is destroyed and then rebuilt. Nothing too major though.

[ 11-22-2001: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

I noticed the same thing at Pixan.

Pixan is orbiting the planet and there is an identical "twin" starstation right next to it called "supply platform.3d"

They are both type 4 stations and are both multinational/raiders.

http://home.covad.net/~andergum/PHOTO000.gif

this was in a roam scenario as an insurgent commander BTW

[ 11-22-2001: Message edited by: Andergum ]

Found and fixed. Thanks Andergum. The info you gave made it easier since all I had to do was search for Pixan. It happens over at Wraith and other station regions.

It is a case of cut 'n paste gone wild, in the world script.

Gallion, in your version of glob_dyn.scr, you will see the errors around line #298

e.g.

This:

mixed raider,,pixan_sp,pixan,supply_platform.3d,supply_station

Should be:

mixed raider,,pixan_sp,supply_platform.3d,supply_station

As you can see, the second occurence of 'pixan' is actually a valid station (Pixan) class name. So, it uses it as the model for the supply platform and propagates the subsequence params to the other fields as supported by the [dynamic] block.

From Pixan, you will see that about four more after it need modifying. I know you are working on your own scripts, so I wanted you to know. I will send you my glob_dyn.scr later once I have tested all this.

I will probably release another interim patch tomorrow.

[ 11-22-2001: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]