Transporter Problem Please help (resolved)

jbarrek27

First thing i have to say is i hope i have the subject of this fourm correct and second i hope this is the correct place for this.

On with my problem; I would like to know why when i use the transporter to bring my 4 marines and me back to my command ship it crashes after i get back to the bridge? It just freezes.I can use the transporter to beam me and my crew to the planet but when i use the transporter to beam back to the command ship it freezes once i get back to the bridge?

I hope i made sence.

Signed; James Barrek

P.S.Thank you for any help possable.

[ 11-27-2001: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

The game freezing when you use the transporter to extract your AE happen to me along with the transporter effect when using the bridgeviewer and tacops. But afterwards neither happen again.

Operating System Windows Millennium Edition v4.90.3000

DirectX Version DirectX 8.0

CPU Model/Name Intel Pentium IIIB Processor with MMX Technology

CPU Speed 936MHz

# of Processors 1

Resolution 640x 480

Color Depth 16-Bit

TCP/IP Protocol Installed

Video Adapter Intel® 82810E Graphics Controller

Driver Date 08/08/2000

Driver Version 4.12.01.2641

Multimedia Components Gameport Joystick

Multimedia Components MPU-401 Compatible MIDI Device

Multimedia Components Crystal WDM Audio Codec

Multimedia Components Microsoft SideWinder Precision 2

Multimedia Components Microsoft SideWinder Precision 2

Multimedia Components Microsoft SideWinder Virtual Keyboard

Multimedia Components Microsoft Kernel System Audio Renderer

Multimedia Components Microsoft Kernel Audio Mixer

Driver Date 06/08/2000

[ 11-23-2001: Message edited by: Mrxknown ]

While we're on the subject of transporter problems, I beamed down a prisoner and a space marine (I forgot that marines 4 & 5 were space marines -- otherwise I would've sent a different one). The prisoner made it. The space marine, though supposedly on the planet (as Roster and Perscan said), was nowhere to be found.

(Annoyed, I told the prisoner to go attack a SAL. He didn't fare too well. )

quote:

Originally posted by Captain Dread:

But that's like saying a person in a space suit should die if they are walking on the surface of Earth. Or that someone in scuba gear will die on the ground because someone without one will die underwater. It doesn't really make sense...no offense.

Of course it won't make sense to you. It makes perfect sense to me. I'm the designer, remember?

Now siddown.

You don't like explanation from SC. Choose one of this.

1. The suit is designed to protect you from solar radiation out in space. So if you beam down on earth it starts melting for the reason of coming in contact with the atmosphere and disolves the person inside of it.

2. It is pressurized because the space is a vacuum. So it's sensors sense that something weird is going on when they beam down to the planet, overpressurize the suit and the person implodes and then the suit explodes.

3. The most rational explanation. You brought up the person in a scuba gear. Would you send an underwater equipped nave seal team to fight a battle on earth? "Oh, look, a person in scuba gear is climing out on this nice beach, he is taking his harpoon and comming right at me, Heeeeelp." No, that would be silly. So don't send a space equipped marine, in a space suit that is not designed for battles on land into the atmosphere of the planet. He has no use there.