Hey Derek yer bum, FIX THIS !!!!

Supreme Cmdr

I figured thats what some of you were thinking, so I saved you the agony and just created and appropriately titled thread. Don't yer just luv me?

Anyway, I am trying to wrap up the 1.0.02 patch so that it is final sometime this decade. So, If you know of any VITAL and REPRODUCIBLE issues that require investigation, please post a DETAILED description in here and I'll get right on it.

If I delete it, I will have a reason. Don't give me one.

So far, here are the issues that I am looking into. If its not in here, its not on my radar. As I've said before, if it even looks like a driver or patch issue, I'm not interested in hearing about it.

1. Persistent DamageFX. This is particles related. I passed this on to Andrei and he is still looking into this one because its probably buried deep in the graphics engine. He'll resurface soon.
  2. Naval units on land. I'm sure they are not on land, but rather on shallow land areas (perfectly legal for the engine to put them there). If this is the case, it means that I'd have to manually locate and relocate and/or delete them. Yikes!! To get an idea of what I'm talking about, try landing near a coastline that looks like land, and you will probably sink. Thats perfectly normal is like a beach, marshland etc. You can usually tell these types of land masses by their texturing attributes.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do have one that I feel is very important as it forces you to shut down the game and restart it again to work around. I need to wait untill I get home though before I can give you a step by step guide on how to reproduce the problem.

If you need to know in a hurry, I can try and explain here. Im online untill 5pm Central time before I go home, so if you reply to this, and say you need it now, then I will reply back ASAP

Basicly the Tags that appear (I know there is a special name for it but I cant remember off hand) on all the objects seen in TACOPS when you zoom in to an area, seems to not always show up, under certain conditions, which I can reproduce from the gold version, up to RC4 (need to get home to try with RC5).

I mentioned this in another thread, which I know you dont like people posting the same thing in 2 threads, but this one asked for important issues to be posted here, which I am doing.

Do you want me to just go ahead and explain better now? or wait untill I apply RC5, test it again, then post?

FIX THIS!!!:

ATV's on steep angle terrain. Basically what happens is they seem to sink into the terrain itself (Kinda like tanks in Kuwait with only their turrets sticking above ground). This is most noticiable and reproducible in IA23 - Search and Rescue where you start out in an ATV and go find a downed pilot in the mountains surrounding a TER/INS base. Fun mission save for that little annoying graphics glitch.

[ 12-04-2001: Message edited by: Vandal ]

Here are a couple of glitches i noticed. they are not that big a deal but i figured you would like to know about them. I am using V1.0.2 RC6.

First thing. The planet Capella in the Cryian Quadrant. The planet apears very earthlike from orbit (oceans and continents) and in the initial view it when you "OBSERVE" in Tacops. However if you zoom in or land on it and explore around, you find it is just one big desert.

Second thing. I launched a SR probe from my Sun Flash cruiser and the probe definetly went out and began warping to other systems as i told it to. But when i went to check my probes loadout in TACOPS i still registered all six that i started with.

Thats it at the moment. Im not really worried about them, i just figured you would want to know SC.

quote:

Originally posted by treeder:

Here are a couple of glitches i noticed. they are not that big a deal but i figured you would like to know about them. I am using V1.0.2 RC6.

First thing. The planet Capella in the Cryian Quadrant. The planet apears very earthlike from orbit (oceans and continents) and in the initial view it when you "OBSERVE" in Tacops. However if you zoom in or land on it and explore around, you find it is just one big desert.

Second thing. I launched a SR probe from my Sun Flash cruiser and the probe definetly went out and began warping to other systems as i told it to. But when i went to check my probes loadout in TACOPS i still registered all six that i started with.

Thats it at the moment. Im not really worried about them, i just figured you would want to know SC.

1. Just because it looks like that from orbit, doesn't mean thats the topology that it will use

2. Please verify that, instead of reporting it in a matter-of-fact manner. If the Tacops probe list is not updated, its a bug. Before you report it as such, make damn sure you've read the manual - twice.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

1. Just because it looks like that from orbit, doesn't mean thats the topology that it will use

2. Please verify that, instead of reporting it in a matter-of-fact manner. If the Tacops probe list is not updated, its a bug. Before you report it as such, make damn sure you've read the manual - twice.

#1- OK, just checking.

#2- I'll verify this with multiple ships and do some more research and post the results.

This isn't a showstopper and for now is my own fault, but it may become an issue when MP arrives. I haven't been able to figure out why my computer is auto-dialing my ISP (working on it), but I have been able to reproduce the following effect 100% of the time. 1. I'm in the middle of BCM, all other apps shut down via neat little program "End It All". 2. My computer begins to dial to my ISP (my problem I realize). 3. BCM minimizes to desktop as the dialing message pops on the screen. 4. Upon maximizing BCM, the icons along the right side of the bridge screen (shuttles/fighters/CC/missle) disappear and are replaced by a blue block instead of the proper icon when you move the mouse over it.

The reason I could see this being a problem is if a user were to be accidentally disconnected in MP and the disconnection message were to pop up on the desktop, BCM would minimize to desktop. Is there anyway to keep BCM from minimizing if another app opens? I realized SC that this is likely a low priority now, but you asked for issues (first post so I hope my sys info attaches)

quote:

Originally posted by actrade:

The reason I could see this being a problem is if a user were to be accidentally disconnected in MP and the disconnection message were to pop up on the desktop, BCM would minimize to desktop. Is there anyway to keep BCM from minimizing if another app opens? I realized SC that this is likely a low priority now, but you asked for issues (first post so I hope my sys info attaches)

BCM will have safe guards for this when the mp patch is released. In fact, it already does, but its just not enabled.

You can even run it in a window (-W1) and it will behave properly. Thanks for mentioning it though.

quote:

Originally posted by Tac:

Hey at least your BCM returns to game. I cant alt-tab 'cause it'll crash . Guess no internet surfing while the ship gets repaired heeehee.

Like most games, BCM requires exclusive access. If I wanted you to alt-tab safely, I would support it running in a window. It just so happens that I don't. heh.

Yeah! And I want a special screen in the space stations where I can watch my movies while my ship repairs!

I'm going to try out the new patch when I get home.

I have only recently got my hands on the game but already i am totally hooked.

Couple of small things maybe you could look into SC pretty please.

1. This is a peculiar european issue and i think it has been mentioned before. Anyway is there any chance you can give us the option of reversing the up/down cursor movement in FP mode. Here in England we all play FP games in this way. PLease please please.....

2. In FP mode the mouse is used to move my character left and right. However if i switch to locked view(outside view) the mouse stops functioning and i have to revert to using cursor keys to move the camera view. Any chance of changing this (or is there a way i can map the mouse in this view already) Small thing i know.

3. I am finding i cannot activate the jet pack correctly from running mode. Instead of going up it travels rapidly along the ground is this correct?

Additionally two small wishlist items:

1. Any chance of reducing the volume of the radar ping when flying the ships over a planet surface. GOD ITS LOUD.

2. Lastly it would be great in FP mode if i could look up and down. Is this likely to be added in later on. Is it possible.

That's it just thought i would get my two pence worth in before you go off on your well deserved break. Thanks in advance

[ 12-05-2001: Message edited by: chris506 ]

1. No. I'm not touching that code again. At least not anytime soon.

2. Mouse look does not and will not work in external camera view.

3. Thats how it works.

This thread is NOT for wish lists or how you would like items changed. Its for BUGS only.

4. Change it yourself. The file is soundfxmisc.zipbeep16.wav

5. Use mouse look. Thats what its for

[ 12-05-2001: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

After I saw the title of this thread, I didn't notice you posted it at first. My immeadiate thought was, "Somebody is in for a world of hurt!". But then I noticed Derek posted it. Oh well, so much for the pending entertainment.

LOL, are you kidding me, if someone besides Derek would have posted a thread with a name like this, his butt would be ripped appart in a second, before SC would even have had a chance see the thread, but since SC posted this thread himself we can't really yell at him can we? Well, maybe his other personality can come in here and we can have a chat with the one that posted it.

Here's something that I want to be fixed that affects all the Gammulans out there. It is not a bug, but still..... fixing it would be nice...

The Stormcarrier dosen't have enough pilots to go around for all of its fighters. With the Stormcarrier's slow maneuveribility those fighters are vital for survival. This probably would be more beneficial in multiplayer though.

[ 12-06-2001: Message edited by: LordDavid ]

I use 8 fighters at a time, you do know that you don't need to have a pilot and a co-pilot to fly the IC, and keep 4 ics in reserve in case the others get damaged, that way I can do a quick swap and have a brand new figter out there in no time. But if you want to have all 12 fighter out there in one time, then sure, you can ask SC for more pilots and hope he agrees.

[ 12-06-2001: Message edited by: Soback ]

This (more than 8 pilots) is some kind of wish list item that has been denied. It's not in the specs, there are no graphics (portraits) for additional pilots, no voices, and so on.

8 pilots for up to 8 fighters. That is twice the number of fighters you get when you choose a BC MK3.

Best regards.