Hey Derek yer bum, FIX THIS !!!!

Supreme Cmdr

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

And rest assured, if you post it again without posting the exact steps you are performing, as well as an explanation as to why YOU think its a bug, I'm going to delete the post. Rules are rules. Learn to abide by them. They are developed for your own benefit and to minimize my time chasing shadows.

Thought I made it clear, but I'll go in-depth this time.

I was playing in a MK3 Battlecruiser, launch station Earth Galcom HQ. I decided, "today's a fine day, I think I'll go for a attack an insurgent base!"

So I set a CC Waypoint in an insurgent mission zone. I then selected Earth and hit shift+9 to enter the atmosphere.

After much frolicking around the Insurgent base, with my PTA system lit up and my fighters swarming through the air, I decided to land my ship. I landed and used ALT+E to exit the craft and left my ship with it's orders to seek and destroy.

I walked around in First Person for a bit and decided I wanted to bring my CC closer.

Being the resourceful soul that I am, I picked up my keyboard command sheet and used the ALT+S key command for FP Tacops.

Lo and Behold! I am greeted with the familiar Tacops view of Earth. I select the main square where the mission zones are located. I then saw the different insurgent base locations, along with the locations of my ships flying around.

I decide "hey, I want to give my CC that order I was thinking about 3 paragraphs ago." and I left click on the CC to open the orders dropdown menu and to give it an order.

I was then dropped back to First Person as if I had chosen to hit F1 and exit Tacops.

I said, "wait a minute..." and then proceeded to repeat the above steps. "This hasn't happened to me before" I pondered.

This time, instead of clicking on the CC, I clicked on the ground in order to get a view of where the CC was (BTW in a totally different area than my AE)

Once again, it dropped me to First Person mode as if I had exited Tacops. I haven't had this problem on other planets or areas that I can think of. It wasn't a game crash, lockup or anything, it just wouldn't let me give orders or view a closeup of my ships in Tacops without popping back to first person (OUTSIDE OF TACOPS)

Why I think this is a problem.

I guess I just would like to be able to give orders to my craft that are in the same area I am through Tacops. The exact situation - all my interceptors and CC are in the air over or around the base. I'm in the middle of the base. I want to order my CC and Interceptors to attack specific buildings. I can't give them ANY orders from First Person Tacops because TACOPS SHUTS DOWN if I try.

I hope that was clear enough, and if you have any questions about specifics, if Resnig was messing with the computer, etc. just ask. I am not doing this to cause you to chase shadows, I am doing this in order to help you iron out problems you may have missed, overlooked, etc. I would much rather bring something that I feel isn't right in the game than risk no one bringing it to your attention at all.

If Tacops is supposed to crash out in FP because that's the way you designed it, that's cool. But I don't think that's the way you made it.

For the record, I have given FP orders through TACOPS while my CC is in space. I don't know if it is because my ship is on the planet or what. It isn't vital to the performance of my Galcom duties as I could always just hit / to hop back into the ship and do it personally, but I happen to be trying the most whacked out things in order to catch bugs or problems you may not have thought about because you didn't think someone is crazy enough to do half the $hit

So to break down the problem (TACOPS exits to First person when my CC, interceptors, and I am in the same mission zone on a planet and I attempt to give an order through Tacops to one of the above)

Also it seems as if the PTA guns, even though I was scoring direct hits, didn't cause any damage to :

1. Bunkers (those dome shaped buildings)

2. Buildings (standard buildings)

How can I tell?

I watch their armor level in the bridge camera view and they stay at full health even though they are being blasted. (for at least 10 straight minutes) I then fired the main IOD and it didn't hurt them either.

Some structures are invincible to laser (Laser, PTA, & IOD) fire. Try lobbing a missile or two at them

TTFN

[ 12-09-2001: Message edited by: Gallion ]

quote:

Originally posted by $iLk:

So to break down the problem (TACOPS exits to First person when my CC, interceptors, and I am in the same mission zone on a planet and I attempt to give an order through Tacops to one of the above)

Unless I'm missing something, thats bollocks.

Learn the limitations of the system.

And I just checked it again. Yep, it works just like its supposed to. Once you give an order, it will be sent and you will revert to fp view. This is normal because on the ship, your default view would be Tacops. In fp mode, it is your forward view. Thats how it works. But if it becomes annoying, I'll revise it and keep the Tacops view static.

[ 12-09-2001: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

Guest fallengod

i got a bug.... on my sys went i try to get from earth to vega eridani with autopilot useing the navitron computer EVERY time somewhere from treas or mojoris my sys slow down to crap

BUT

if i do it without autopilot no slowdown will happen

Not a bug. Problem lies within your system specifications.

TTFN

*note* there is alot of red dot at mojoris but i'm very far from them.....

[ 12-09-2001: Message edited by: Gallion ]

Well it's been a while since I posted on here...but now I'm right into BCM, execelent game.

Anyway, I was wondering, is Quick save supposed to work? Because I tried using ctrl+S and I also tried clicking the ship Icon, going to systems, and clicking quick save, but everytime I restore it always brings me back to where I last did a Full Save....not that full saving and restoring takes too long, but hey I figured if I can do it even quicker than all the better

I recently acquired BCM, and I have only one problem that I cannot solve. It is related to the TTD tags in TACOPS when viewing planets. My understanding is that when you zoom in to view a scene, such as some _mbase scene, all the buildings and units should have TTD boxes around them, so that you can target them. This works fine, even when moving to many different scenes and regions of the planet, however once I have placed a waypoint, such as deploy drone, and I have the shuttle deliver the drone and return to base, there is a problem. Now if I zoom to another scene I can see the buildings, but the ttd do not appear for these.

I believe that there was a reference to a similar problem earlier in the text indicating that it was normal and that one just had to change the view angle so that the terrain would be rendered. I try exiting tacops, and trying again. I've tried changing the angle, and the zoom, I have even tried exiting the game, and then restoring the saved game, but I can only view the TTD for buildings and units in the vicinity of where I deployed the drone. Even after the drone is recovered, and there are no units or waypoints in the area, the problem persists. I can reproduce the problem at will. Is there anything else I should try?

quote:

Originally posted by AshSpear:

I recently acquired BCM, and I have only one problem that I cannot solve. It is related to the TTD tags in TACOPS when viewing planets. My understanding is that when you zoom in to view a scene, such as some _mbase scene, all the buildings and units should have TTD boxes around them, so that you can target them. This works fine, even when moving to many different scenes and regions of the planet, however once I have placed a waypoint, such as deploy drone, and I have the shuttle deliver the drone and return to base, there is a problem. Now if I zoom to another scene I can see the buildings, but the ttd do not appear for these.

I believe that there was a reference to a similar problem earlier in the text indicating that it was normal and that one just had to change the view angle so that the terrain would be rendered. I try exiting tacops, and trying again. I've tried changing the angle, and the zoom, I have even tried exiting the game, and then restoring the saved game, but I can only view the TTD for buildings and units in the vicinity of where I deployed the drone. Even after the drone is recovered, and there are no units or waypoints in the area, the problem persists. I can reproduce the problem at will. Is there anything else I should try?

I will look into it. And if this is a wild goose chase because you have the TTD toggled incorrectly, your ass is mine.

[ 12-10-2001: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

quote:

Originally posted by Cmdr Nova:

I think Quick Save updates your "Resume" data. You can just click resume on the main menu to go back.... Quick Save is one of those things to do, just incase of a crash.

Remember that the "Resume" data is changed if you use another file, or start a new regular game. (IA/TA excluded, obviously)

Quick save updates the profile and quick save, save & exit and simply quiting all update the data used when you click resume.

When you go to the restore dialog you have a column for profiles and a column for named saves associated with a specific profile. If you just click on the profile and do not select a named save and restore, you are using the quick save data. If you click on a named game and restore, you're using using data saved using save & exit.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

I will look into it. And if this is a wild goose chase because you have the TTD toggled incorrectly, your ass is mine.

[ 12-10-2001: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

If it is a wilde goose chase, it isn't because of that. I checked the boards, and I only wound one reference to this sort of thing, and the person that posted never mentioned it again, so I did spend a lot of time reproducing it and trying different variables before I worked up the nerve to post. Many thanks for the time. If there is anything you think I should try before we rule out the possability of a wilde goose chase though, just let me know.

quote:

Originally posted by AshSpear:

If it is a wilde goose chase, it isn't because of that. I checked the boards, and I only wound one reference to this sort of thing, and the person that posted never mentioned it again, so I did spend a lot of time reproducing it and trying different variables before I worked up the nerve to post. Many thanks for the time. If there is anything you think I should try before we rule out the possability of a wilde goose chase though, just let me know.

LOL!! Damn that was a good disclaimer

Anyway, am on it and will report when I have something on it. Its already logged in the VCF, which means its worth looking into.

I found what is causing the Drone not on board to be overwritten. I was docked doing some repairs and checked on my drones when all of a sudden...Repair completion time overwrites the Drone not on board...so I am guessing that its overwriting it with blank space when your not doing repairs.... ...but you probably already knew that...

Found another one last night while doing repairs. I initiated repairs then went to the tradcom to sell off my shuttle loads and when I tried to sell something that I didn't have or already sold all of it, it gave me the message of none to sell over writing estimated repair completion time...then the repair completion time would overwrite the message...nothing serious but asthetics is an important part of professionalism and I thought you would like to know these little things since I feel you want this game as close to perfect as you can get it....its a pretty crowded screen, be tuff to open the space up for this.

well my problem makes this wonderful game sorta useless. ive fully updated everything (DX and BCM)

but the problem remains.

when ever i start BCM my cursor does not appear it can still interact with the links, options, and other commands (managed to start a new game while i couldnt see it) what should i do. so far ive reinstalled, bought a new video card, and tried (im not sure why) changing how my cursor appears out of programs

(and please dont ban me about this i am not sure what kind of problem this is)

Problem/Bug?

1. Make a HJ.

2. As soon as you exit from HJ, save and exit the game.

3. Reload the game and notice that your engines have been recharged instantly to 100%.

It wouldn't be so bad if it only drained Radine to recharge the engines, but the problem starts if your engines were completly recharged and you saved and exited, when you reload you will notice that you will be missing the required ammount of radine needed to recharge your engines.

The way I noticed it is I had 300 radine crystals, and saved and reloaded 4 times in about 15 minutes, ended up at less than a 100 radine and haven't made a single HJ. So I did a little experiment and noticed that reloading the game takes away the ammount of radine necessary for 1 HJ even if your engines don't need recharging.

Its not a bug. That state is not saved. Why would it be? Why would anyone want to save the game during a HJ?

And if you've jumped, you've used up the Radine. Whats the problem exactly?

[ 12-18-2001: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

Alright my understanding of the hyper drive thing states that when in hyper drive planets, moons, ships do not exsist in hyperSpace.

Well just had a bad experience in my Police Cruiser in Pluto Region. I came into pluto and found some fighters beating up on a few Transports on the other side of Pluto. I used the Autopilot to intecept and attack the fighers, but I flew through the planet (do it all the time in other regions) and when I came out of hyper I was pulled back to pluto and entered it, even though I left hyper far away from the planet.

Very Very bad to enter pluto with your CC. I got out before to much damage happened though. Its strange sometimes you can do it fine. Other times the planet sucks you back up and you enter the planet. Hmmmmmm.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

Its not a bug. That state is not saved. Why would it be? Why would anyone want to save the game during a HJ?

And if you've jumped, you've used up the Radine. Whats the problem exactly?

Ok, lets put it this way. Everytime I save and exit the game, and then reload I get a decrease in Radine.

Ex. I save the game at 14:05 with 1000 Radine. I reload and will have about 950 Radine. I fly around not making any HJ, save the game at 14:10 with 930 Radine, I reload the game and will have about 870 left. So everytime I save, reload the Radine goes down enough for one HJ. That's what I was trying to say.

--------------------------------------------------

SORRY, I was able to replicate this occurance everytime yesterday. All I needed to do was save/exit, reload. I tried it today and everything is working fine.

[ 12-18-2001: Message edited by: Soback ]

quote:

Originally posted by Malkuth:

Alright my understanding of the hyper drive thing states that when in hyper drive planets, moons, ships do not exsist in hyperSpace.

Well just had a bad experience in my Police Cruiser in Pluto Region. I came into pluto and found some fighters beating up on a few Transports on the other side of Pluto. I used the Autopilot to intecept and attack the fighers, but I flew through the planet (do it all the time in other regions) and when I came out of hyper I was pulled back to pluto and entered it, even though I left hyper far away from the planet.

Very Very bad to enter pluto with your CC. I got out before to much damage happened though. Its strange sometimes you can do it fine. Other times the planet sucks you back up and you enter the planet. Hmmmmmm.

....and the problem is what? If you target an object that is beyond the planet and you drop out of HS while still within the planet's grav pull, what did you expect?

quote:

Originally posted by Soback:

SORRY, I was able to replicate this occurance everytime yesterday. All I needed to do was save/exit, reload. I tried it today and everything is working fine.

[ 12-18-2001: Message edited by: Soback ]

Don't worry, I knew it was bollocks the first time I read it. Now aren't you glad I didn't go on a wild goose chase?

Ok SC your right that makes sense fine. But Im not in the gravity pull of the planet when I left HS. And if thats also the case why doesnt the Enemy ship fall into the Gravity too?

Was playing all after noon and it happened again at pluto. Pain in the butt. I was not anywhere near the planet when I came out. In fact the enemy ship was Beyond the Pluto Space Station. But I did HS through it again. And ended up getting damaged again.