Hey Derek yer bum, FIX THIS !!!!

Supreme Cmdr

SC, I did not want to clutter up your Dev email worse then it already is so I will just post it here. You are welcome, hope what I sent you helps, and good luck. Now I am heading back to find other weird problems with BCM.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by Menchise:

I have encountered another problem with the Training Academy. In the Commander scenario, I get a CTD (invalid page fault) every time I try to launch a fighter.

Reproduced. Looks like the recent fix related to a CTD when trying to leave a planet (in some rare cases) affects this. I never checked the TA scenario which is why roam/acm/ia work fine.

quote:

Reproduced. Looks like the recent fix related to a CTD when trying to leave a planet (in some rare cases) affects this. I never checked the TA scenario which is why roam/acm/ia work fine.

I did some more checking and discovered that the problem is more extensive.

1. Instant Action is also affected (I checked all of the Commander scenarios and they all crashed the same way).

2. TA and IA also crash when I try to launch a shuttle.

For some reason, Roam is not affected. I haven't checked ACM.

Okay forgive me but it's late, I'm tired and any second now drunk yahoos are going to come beating on my door screaming Merry Christmas so if this was already answered I'm too lazy to read through all 250 posts.

Anyway is anyone having a problem where after about 5 days into the ROAM game you get a sudden CTD? I thought that maybe it's because I'm using version 1.0.0.2 saves with a version 1.0.0.3 patch but I've seen this kind of thing before and was wondering if anyone has seen this and has a solution? I'd be very happy not to have to start all over with a new Campaign for a 3rd time.

I get no crashlog whatsoever the game just starts whacking on the HD for about one second and then CTD which in lamer's terms means Kiss My Arse pathetic human!

It must be the new cruelty the systems are enforcing upon me. What happened to the days when I was Master over the machines? Damn that Skynet!

Anyway anyone seeing this as well? and is there a work around or something?

Nick "Paradox" Parker

Okay it looks like whatever the problem was it has been saved in my save files though I have no clue as to what caused the corruption in the first place. I had this problem once before. From what I've seen the save files listed below maintain the same size no matter what you are doing or where you have been.

Player.mig 833

Player0.sg0 1393

Player0.sgd 1393

But before my deadly CTD I did another save and the files looked as follows:

Player.mig 954

Player0.sg0 1528

Player0.sgd 1528

Now maybe I'm wrong and something is going on out there that I have yet to see but the last time I had a CTD like this these files were about the same size as listed.

I don't know maybe the galaxy exploded and I just happen to be at the center of it so I never got to see that bright flash of light before the darkness. But as I said before this was 5 days into ROAM. I was lucky enough to have a good back-up copy of my Day 5 save files available so I'm checking to see if this happens again in a few hours or not.

"Paradox"