Misc Tech Support Issues III

Supreme Cmdr

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just wanted to say that I got the AVIs to work in the game and they look NICE. I can finally see the worm holes and flux fields, plus the explosions look 10x better. real nice. All i had to do was bite the bullet and formate my hard drive. still working on getting back up and running at 100%

[ 12-14-2001: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

Posting this to maybe help someone out. Im running XP. After patching game it runs great, but I was having problem with choppy graphics, like the game would pause every 5 secons or so. Tried reloading game and drivers and what have you, but still had problem. Was going to reload OS..but decided to use the XP restore. I restored back to just after I last installed OS. Loaded All updated drivers and BCM and the patch. The game runs so good now IM already an hour late for work I guess Trying all those dif drivers before the patch left a mess in the reg or something. But the restore seemed to do the trick.

I need to update my profile

im using 23.11 video

the via 4.36 4n1 ( which I did not know about till last night)

and again switching to the drivers did me no good as far as fixing my problem untill I did the restore thing first.

Hope this info helps someone out.

Nothing serious, but worthy of note imo:

Shuttles get "stuck" inside destroyed starstation's remains.

To reproduce : Blow up a starstation, in my case, Syganstar, fly very close (within a few feet) to the station and either lunch a shuttle or order an already deployed shuttle to RTB.

They will get stuck inside the skeleton. To retrieve them, fly to them, give them RTB order so they can dock.

Space Marines "running" in space, i.e. they aren't using rocket packs, they are just running around like they are on solid ground, kind of funny to watch, but I don't think they are supposed to do that. I was able to take one screenshot, but it isn't a very good one.

I am using latest patch, etc. They were flying, until I came up and blasted the hell out of one with my IOD. He died and others started scrambling around running away, literally playing the run animation and I watched them, it was like they were on solid ground running around fighting each other. i.e. they were stuck in a 2d area running, couldn't go up or down cause it was like they were on the ground.

Also, I can't do anything when I exit my ship in FP in space, I checked and don't have on a jetpack, but I think I remember reading something about that.

Well I have some issues Id like to post I don't know if anyone else is having them but here it is:

1) After playing BCM(BattleCruiserMillenium)and then quiting doing a few other things like looking at the appendix for BCM or such I goto play and I always get a error in message. Any ideas why? Restarting fixes this but it gets annoying after awhile.

2) Occasionally I am playing BCM and I have some repairs going and I know docking at a station stops the repairs which makes it a hassel to start repairs again so I just take all my cargo I want to sell and put it onto a shuttle and then goto the shuttle and fly it to the station and dock to sell it thus preventing my repairs from halting. I get to the station and I click a button once docked in this case i clicked cargo from the logistics computer and the game crashes to the desktop. No error message or anything. Then I goto start it up again and of course I get problem number one stated above.

My System:

733 Mgh/128 Ram/ 30GB harddrive (almost nothing on it sept 4 games and Win/ME)/Geforce2/Sound Blaster Live!/Checked for viruses on HouseCall via the internet(its updated everyday)Im clean.

Thanks for reading I'll post anything else I may notice. I'm interested anyones response to my intel.

quote:

Originally posted by $iLk:

Space Marines "running" in space, i.e. they aren't using rocket packs, they are just running around like they are on solid ground, kind of funny to watch, but I don't think they are supposed to do that. I was able to take one screenshot, but it isn't a very good one.

I am using latest patch, etc. They were flying, until I came up and blasted the hell out of one with my IOD. He died and others started scrambling around running away, literally playing the run animation and I watched them, it was like they were on solid ground running around fighting each other. i.e. they were stuck in a 2d area running, couldn't go up or down cause it was like they were on the ground.

Also, I can't do anything when I exit my ship in FP in space, I checked and don't have on a jetpack, but I think I remember reading something about that.

Lemme guess. You forgot to save the game.

quote:

Originally posted by Masterfeff761:

Sorry Its (Error in Unknown) With brackets around Unknow. I can't do it in this forum or the word message appears lol. This is to solve any confusion in problem 1) I posted.

Nothing to do with BCM. You might want to uninstall, re-install, download the 1002 patch and start from scratch.

If EVER the game exits with an error, you can't restart etc, it is ALWAYS a driver issue.

quote:

Lemme guess. You forgot to save the game.

No actually SC I did save it! I reloaded it and played around some more and took another screenshot of it. Once I loaded it I had the Space Marine Targeted and took a screenshot of the Vid view.

I have the same problem with the cargo butting in logistix when docked with a shuttle at a station. I can use tradcom and repairs fine, but the cargo always results in a CTD.

After downloading the latest patch so that I would have the jetpack back in space, I started a new campaign commander game and immediatle exited my cc to check things out. I had a jetpack. I played for about an hour, and then exited the CC again, and there is no jetpack.

Also, the only image of my AR rendered after I exit teh CC is my AE's gun.

quote:

Originally posted by AshSpear:

I have the same problem with the cargo butting in logistix when docked with a shuttle at a station. I can use tradcom and repairs fine, but the cargo always results in a CTD.

After downloading the latest patch so that I would have the jetpack back in space, I started a new campaign commander game and immediatle exited my cc to check things out. I had a jetpack. I played for about an hour, and then exited the CC again, and there is no jetpack.

Also, the only image of my AR rendered after I exit teh CC is my AE's gun.

That sounds like a driver problem. No matter how many times I exit I always see my AE. Try moving the camera around, see if that resets it, if not then change the video drivers. Did you try the newest 23.11 drivers?

[ 12-15-2001: Message edited by: Soback ]

Hi, I love this game but am continuously having problems with the save games.

After playing for a while, about 3 hours, I save my game at a certain stage with quicksave and full save next to a station. When I reload my game, the loading starts and I get the usual messages of loading system so and so... Then it reaches a stage where it stops at a certain system loading and check my windows XP and find that it is running out of virtual memory. I have increased my virtual memory to 3 GB and the loading loads more systems, and then again it stops and the virtual memory is filled again.

I could not find a similar post with this problem. I have reinstalled the game with the latest patch 1.0.0.2 and have the latest drivers of geforce3 23.11 and even tried old drivers with same results. I been playing the game from scratch with the 1.0.0.2 patch.

It seems that this problem started with the new patch for the game but not very sure.

Any ideas... I really would like to continue playing. This game is so amazing that I have stopped playing any other game except this one.

Thanks for any help...

quote:

Originally posted by Soback:

Come on $ilk. I can't believe you don't know that.

You don't either. Thats not it.

And $ilk, rest assured, if you send me anything that doesn't conform to the rules that I've already laid out for such submissions, I'm going to delete the email - on sight - unopened.

quote:

Originally posted by Ghass:

Hi, I love this game but am continuously having problems with the save games.

After playing for a while, about 3 hours, I save my game at a certain stage with quicksave and full save next to a station. When I reload my game, the loading starts and I get the usual messages of loading system so and so... Then it reaches a stage where it stops at a certain system loading and check my windows XP and find that it is running out of virtual memory. I have increased my virtual memory to 3 GB and the loading loads more systems, and then again it stops and the virtual memory is filled again.

I could not find a similar post with this problem. I have reinstalled the game with the latest patch 1.0.0.2 and have the latest drivers of geforce3 23.11 and even tried old drivers with same results. I been playing the game from scratch with the 1.0.0.2 patch.

It seems that this problem started with the new patch for the game but not very sure.

Any ideas... I really would like to continue playing. This game is so amazing that I have stopped playing any other game except this one.

Thanks for any help...

Nothing to do with BCM. Quit screwing around in your system if you don't know what the hell you're doing. Messing with VMM is one fine way to screw up your system.

Just a general FYI,

Today I downloaded a program which seems to be gaining in popularity among Windows XP users called CursorXP. All it does really is change your cursor and make use of some new visual styles available to XP users.

Later on today I attempted to 'fire' up BCM, and it wouldn't load. All I would see is the splash screen, but that was about it. I knew nothing had changed since the previous day when it was working, except that I had installed this utility. I killed the process and relaunched BCM, and it worked fine.

So this may be something to keep in mind if you install this app and BCM malfunctions. The utility can be disabled by simply going to the Mouse applet in the control panel, selecting CursorXP tab, and checking "Disable All".

-Keith

I'll try the new 23.11 divers again. I don't like them though. I can't figure out why, but when I install them, my system peformance drops drastically...

Regardless, the weird thing is that I started the campaign, I left the CC and jetpacked around, then after a while I tried to do the same thing, but there was no jetpack... I don't mean the image nescessarily, but I had no mobility apart from spining around with the mouse.

Anyway, thanks, i'll keep looking into my driver situation. That's probably it.