Misc Tech Support Issues III

Supreme Cmdr

quote:

Originally posted by Commander Phantom:

Is this happening to anyone else? I just downloaded the latest patch and when I click new game or try to restore a game. BCM just seems to lock up and do nothing.

Make sure that you have applied the patch properly and that there are NO files in the SAVE folder after patching. If there are ANY files in that folder, it means that the patch was NOT executed from the BCM install folder...contrary to patching instructions.

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

Just upgraded BCM version to 1.0.04 using the update patch from 1.0.04rc1 and verified that there were no files left in the save folder.

Started a new roam scenario with the default settings, and sent one marine to each shuttle(as I do whenever I start a new roam). Once the marines have reached the shuttles, tried to launch the shuttle from the RHS menu by clicking on the green shuttle number and pressing launch.

The shuttle won't launch, and the icon for the Flight Officer comes up (but with no spoken sound) or text. I try all four shuttles and the same thing occurs. If I click onthe blue bar at the top which summarizes the last com messages appear, there will be a blank line where the text would be.(e.g. shuttle launched, etc.)

I can launch shuttles if I select the CC from the RHS menu, select shuttles, select one of the 4 shuttles, and give it, for example a fly to -->earth order.

Obviously, if this cannot be reproduced by anyone, I will do a reinstall of the game and apply the full 1.0.04 Patch.

To conclude, I did, as always execute the patch from with the BCM directory.

I apologize in advance if I have wasted your time.

Cheers, Myth

Hi,

I received BCM last week after returning from holiday and straight away tried to install and play. The install went fine but the game hangs or CTD either at the end of loading(when it says, loading complete standby) or seconds after displaying the bridge.

I have the latest patch as well as the latest drivers for sound, video, motherboard, latest BIOS for motherboard etc. I've read the troubleshooting document twice and done everything I thought was relevant to my problem. I've trawled the forums looking for answers and followed up on some possibles. Nothing seems to work.

The only problem that I'm not 100% sure is fixed is with SB Live and VIA chipset, of which I have both. Having looked into this I found that Epox(my mobo manufacturer) was the first to release a new BIOS to address this problem. I've upgraded to the newest BIOS, so as far as I'm concerned this problem should now be fixed. Please correct me if i'm wrong, I don't have the money right now to shell out for a new sound card and I don't think the missus would let me anyway .

Any suggestions accepted, I'm very proficient with PC's and troubleshooting game problems so be as technical as you like.

Thanks in advance,

Gavor

[ 01-07-2002: Message edited by: Gavor ]

No problem, I'd love to do it right now but i'm at work . No CD-Key so i cant view my reg profile.

As an over view its

Athlon 1G

Epox KTA2 mobo (apologies if i'm wrong)

512M RAM

SB Live!

Gigabyte GeForce2 GTS (GA-GF2000) 32M

Logitech Wingman Force 3D

MS Intellimouse Explorer

I will set up my profile ASAP but I want to sort out the current problem now. Really looking forward to playing, I loved the original.

Gavor

quote:

Originally posted by Lathe1:

I have been using fat32 on my hard drive.

I was wondering can i still play Battlecrusier Millennium, if i convert my hard drive to ntfs?

Yes, you can use NTFS. I recently wiped this HDD I`m using now from Win ME (Fat32), and put Win XP on it (NTFS). The game ran on both file systems fine (as stated on the box). GL.

Hey Gavor,

The specs you posted above are vague, more information is needed. What specific driver versions, do you have DirectX 8.1 installed and so on. The more info you provide the easier it is to determine the problem. See ShoHashi's post above for a link to learn how to add your specifications to your sig.

Ok, I forgot to write down my CD key and im at work so i just browsed through the different profile ID's until I found mine. Please click below!

I'm not using the 23.11 video drivers anymore because I heard they are buggy. I rolled back to a previous version. 12.50 I think.

[ 01-08-2002: Message edited by: Gavor ]

Gavnor,

in regards to your problem it may be worth your while to check the link that Valmorgan posted above

quote:

This forum really helped me, check it out: Helpfull Via support forum

as it deals with the VIA chipset other than that what version of media player you have installed(you need 7.1 at least I believe)

hope this helps and I haven't lead you down the garden path any.

quote:

Originally posted by Gavor:

I'm not using the 23.11 video drivers anymore because I heard they are buggy. I rolled back to a previous version. 12.50 I think.

Try the 2280 drivers. They are the most stable so far. At least for me.

You should also go to that VIA forum thread posted and find out how to run the VIA drivers (assuming your board is VIA chipset based).

In fact, read this thread while you're at it.

[ 01-09-2002: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

quote:

Originally posted by Thor Dazen:

If you don't mind me asking SC, what video card are you running in your XP system?

I'm running two XP systems. One has a Radeon 8500 and the other a GF3 (legacy)

I am using the 2280 drivers on that GF3, but am using the 2311 drivers on a GF2 GTS (only so that I can tell the difference in how the 2311 suck)