Misc Tech Support Issues III

Supreme Cmdr

Works as designed. Your AE is in the shuttle, hence access to those systems.

And please STOP making references to mp since you know nothing about it or what it does.

And please play the game some more before posting anything that isn't a confirmed bug in here. You obviously don't know enough about the game (going by the majority of your posts) if you are posting stuff like this (and the others I deleted in the past).

[ 03-05-2002, 17:15: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by xierxior:

Sorry. I thought it was a bug because you cant acess thos systems useing keyboard shortcuts while in the shuttle, and they werent shown in that other menu shown in picture 1, it wont happen again.

Dunno what you mean; but both of those pics above look the same to me.

Ok uhm didnt think I was gonna be back here anytime soon but, I took my CC down to a planet to destroy a TER/INS starbase, unpoon destroying it, I exit the planet get my marines ready to destroy the rest of the base.

Cept when I renter the planet there are buildings underground like scaterd all over the place, very weird I made a save of the save game incase you wanna take a look.

Btw this has never happend before.

Screen shots.

http://outgun.com/scripts/phot oalbum/imageproxy.main?Requester=level&ProxyID=YZgm/ifPRKMbE&ProxyName=bcm&PhotoAlbum=MyPhotoAlbum&OriginalImage=1

http://outgun.com/scripts/phot oalbum/imageproxy.main?Requester=level&ProxyID=YZDOa9fbNz3RQ&ProxyName=bcm&PhotoAlbum=MyPhotoAlbum&OriginalImage=1

http://outgun.com/scripts/phot oalbum/imageproxy.main?Requester=level&ProxyID=Aw1PR.cFFo7iE&ProxyName=bcm&PhotoAlbum=MyPhotoAlbum&OriginalImage=1

edit: planet sygan, mzone shows in the pictures.

[ 03-06-2002, 04:00: Message edited by: xierxior ]

quote:

Originally posted by Duncan Idaho:

Hmm,

I think it would help if you provided more information: i.e. Which planet? Which mission area/base on the planet?

Idaho

No. That would be too easy.

From the shots, it looks like he's on Sygan. And since I don't see ANY fp shots, it looks like he is AGAIN posting about that Tacops camera issue I have already discussed earlier in this thread.

Your guess is as good as mine as to WHY he wouldn't provide any fp shots.

I swear if I'm right, he'll regret it.

Guest Grayfox

i know i saw the whole seeing structures underground issue addressed already so why this???

and i really cant tell anything from those tacops pics (i dont know about anyone else?)... all i see is a jumble of red in the last one, and a pretty cloud formation in the second.

try hoppin out on foot and takin some screenies in first person.

quote:

SC,

Didn't have a capture, but I can easily reproduce it.

Just did in fact, couldn't Ctrl-G capture, but Printscreen worked fine.

Sending it now, with a description in the email body.

Fixed. The email explanation and the screen shots helped a great deal!!

Go have a glass of water before you pass out

[ 03-06-2002, 08:36: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

btw, unless there is something pending that I don't already know about, I will be releasing the 1.0.07 patch later today.

So, if there is anything that I should know about that is a confirmed and reproducible problem, I'd like to know about it by 3pm EST.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

Fixed. The email explanation and the screen shots helped a great deal!!

Go have a glass of water before you pass out [/QB]

Heheh,

I'm okay. I was sitting down. *thump*

Ouch.

Idaho

quote:

I didnt post any FP screen shots because theres no point, the buildings sit underground you can walk right over them, and not see them.

Rubbish. You should still be able to stand where you think the model should be, face it, take a shot. And indicate that right in front of you is a model that is underground.

PLUS, you display screen shots WITHOUT following the rules related to posting such issues. We don't know what mzone, what scene etc etc.

fer crissakes WHAT is it going to take?

I have screen shots of it in fp mode now, when I try to beam down to the planet by the model I get stuck in between the terran or something I cant even explane it.. you cant jump and when you walk even after you've stopd walking you keep slideing.

The planet is sygan and the models arnt in a mission zone there in the middle of no where.

But the nearest mzone is mzone 80.

http://outgun.com/scripts/phot oalbum/imageproxy.main?Requester=level&ProxyID=QEo/tcU1/ZafM&ProxyName=bcm&PhotoAlbum=MyPhotoAlbum&OriginalImage=1

http://outgun.com/scripts/phot oalbum/imageproxy.main?Requester=level&ProxyID=PEe9MAYwjCLlo&ProxyName=bcm&PhotoAlbum=MyPhotoAlbum&OriginalImage=1

http://outgun.com/scripts/phot oalbum/imageproxy.main?Requester=level&ProxyID=QE4nLvBKg9ixk&ProxyName=bcm&PhotoAlbum=MyPhotoAlbum&OriginalImage=1

The first screen shot shows me looking at a model which should be there but is underground instead

The second shows a 3rd person view

The third shows me suposidly standing on the model but from the first two you can tell im not.

My system started lagging/slowing down after a while of being on the planet, this also never happend before.

[ 03-06-2002, 17:23: Message edited by: xierxior ]

I just went there, and confirm there's something a bit odd there at the exact center of Sygan, (precisely 00000000 NORTH: 00000000 WEST:. I didn't destroy anything, so saw no buildings. But:

Landed my CC just south of there. Launched shuttle, took (my first) joyride in an OC to those coordinates (confirmed, it's just north, and a bit west of Mission area 80 (by the mouseover tab info in tacops map for the record).

What happened to me: Got out of OC, OC promptly vanished. Ran around a while, and finally, on a 'look down' view, spotted my OC, seemed to be below me.

Couldn't jump. But! I could fly (jetpack), so I attempted that. I rose for a while, then suddenly, seemed to pop out of the ground into a slightly more rugged terrain, (similar to what I'd seen riding out there in the OC). OC nowhere to be found. Stopped jetpack, fell right back through the ground. Saw it this time, looked like I fell through a 'crack' in the planet. Wandering around underneath, I finally found that, although my OC wasn't visible where I was, it showed on my TDU, and following that, I 'bumped' into it, though saw nothing. Commandeered it, and was back to normal, rode back to CC without any problem.

Is it possible this is a seam of some sort I fell through?

I captured many screenshots, but am unsure if any will show anything useful, since I find them bewilderingly useless to look at. The most useful one is described below, an Insurgent base that must be very far away.

I noticed while in that crack/seam/whatever it was, I could see a Terran Insurgent base that was not in the same map area while scrolling around in Tacops close zoom mode, I could not identify this base, but am assuming it was the closest insurgent base on the map. I could only look around this way 'upside down'.

So you know, SC, this looks like what I noticed at that insurgent base on the Earth's moon I mentioned some time ago. I never did get to shuttle down to that one, since you'd looked at it.

I hope this is enough info, I'll be checking in often if you have any questions, SC.

Idaho

quote:

If your going to check it out the buildings dont apear until after you have destroyed the starbase on the planet.

FFS, WHAT IS THE GODDAMN NAME OF THE MZONE AND SCENE!!!

It's in NO Mzone, no scene. It's at the precise coordinates listed in the post above:

00000000 North: 00000000 West on planet Sygan.

It's an empty spot on the map. In fact, I'd say it's of little importance, since there is no base there, it's just empty terrain.

As for the 'clear as mud' thing, what is imprecise? I told you exactly where, and what happened to me there. It's not my fault what happened is bewildering.

Ahh, tell you what, I give up, heheh. I must just suck at this. I don't think I should apply for that XP1 beta test bit, I think I'd just drive you crazy.

But I'll still play and compliment you on your work.

Idaho

[ 03-06-2002, 20:22: Message edited by: Duncan Idaho ]

quote:

It's in NO Mzone, no scene. It's at the precise coordinates listed in the post above:

00000000 North: 00000000 West on planet Sygan.

It's an empty spot on the map. In fact, I'd say it's of little importance, since there is no base there, it's just empty terrain.

As for the 'clear as mud' thing, what is imprecise? I told you exactly where, and what happened to me there. It's not my fault what happened is bewildering.

Idaho

I don't have time to go pissing about all over the planet. Thats why I asked where it is. In fact, HOW did YOU (of all people), even get there?

Apart from that - IF there is nothing there, wtf is he posting about units being under the ground. Or are you two pissing about and talking about the wrong and/or different thing.

There is NO way I'm going to Sygan without getting more information. Because if I do and I don't find a problem, I'm gonna come back and bury you both.

As for you, we've said this before, learn to USE PARAGRAPHS when you are posting.

[ 03-06-2002, 20:17: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

I got there by looking at Xeirvier's screenshot, and noticing one of them showed the co-ordinates of the particular location he said he was having that problem at. That was the easy part.

Apparently, if you destroy the nearby base (Mission Area 80 it says on the mouseover tag, but I'm sure that's wrong), another base appears, or an echo of that base appears, at the coordinates I mentioned.

I did not get that far in my search, for I'd already spotted a problem in that location.

I only went to try to HELP either by confirming or failing to confirm what he was seeing as a problem.

(Dumb move on my part, only got me in trouble again.)

Upon getting there, noted the problem I stated.

I described it as best I could considering it's baffling nature.

The only thing I did differently was I did not destroy the base (at Mission Area 80 by the mouseover tag) as he did, since I noticed a problem right away, which can be reproduced by just walking around at those co-ordinates in first person mode.

(Note: I don't think I'd have noticed anything unusual if I hadn't exited my OC at those coordinates, either. Everything seemed fine, until I realized my OC was gone).

I'm sorry I annoy you so, I try to help, and just seem to do everything wrong. So for both our sakes, I'll just play the game from now on and stay out of your way. (Cripes, I'm scared of you again).

Idaho

[ 03-06-2002, 20:40: Message edited by: Duncan Idaho ]

I am NOT annoyed at you. I just get a bit miffed when I don't have sufficient information. IF this IS a problem, I could have investigated and fixed it in the recently released patch.

Also, I thought you said that it was an empty terrain area. So how does a base fit into all of this, then?

[ 03-06-2002, 20:43: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

Sorry to make you work.

I didn't get the chance to go look until after the time limit you set, a shame, I know.

Again, I probably didn't make this clear in the first post, but it seems to me this isn't very important, since it's in an area you'd be unlikely to go. (Unless you're Xiervier (or me too now) I suppose heheh).

Oh, and the base fits in. I was editing that last post when you replied, you might want to recheck it, I mentioned where his 'phantom base' seems to fit into the picture. You might wanna take a bugnor with you when you warp there, to take out the base just south of those coordinates. I didn't have one with me when I went.

Idaho

[ 03-06-2002, 20:48: Message edited by: Duncan Idaho ]

That thing is cool man, land your CC there it el disapear to.. if you send your marines down there they die! its like the black hole of death no other way to explane it.

Thos models I said were underground, well there not really at any one location, any where you click on the planet in tacops, it's like the models follow the camera, or there in the center of the planet, so no matter where you are on that planet there allways under you so I cant give you a location.

Anyways thats the only way to really explane it.