Misc Tech Support Issues III

Supreme Cmdr

Lord bane, I have a sb live 5.1 I was haveing problems with it, you dont wanna use the standard wdm drivers which come with windows, creative released there own drivers, go to www.soundblaster.com and download the latest.

I would also scan your hdd for errors if your save games are disapearing.

[ 03-13-2002, 16:59: Message edited by: xierxior ]

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those are the drivers that came with the sblive winxp cd, and I have already checked my hard drive for errors, both in files and on the physical surface. Here is what I did just a minute ago and recreated the problem, I haven't reloaded yet to see if the save files are gone yet or not.

Start new game, Play for 2 minutes, save & exit (calling the game SAVED GAME)

Restore, works fine for several minutes.

Exit Game, Restore (same game as before with out having resaved it) Locks up almost immediately after putting me on the bridge.

I checked the save dirrectory in the BCM folder, and the only file there is Player.txt I bet my saves are gone again.

[ 03-13-2002, 17:06: Message edited by: LordBane ]

quote:

Originally posted by LordBane:

Those are the drivers that came with the sblive winxp cd, and I have already checked my hard drive for errors, both in files and on the physical surface. Here is what I did just a minute ago and recreated the problem, I haven't reloaded yet to see if the save files are gone yet or not.

Start new game, Play for 2 minutes, save & exit (calling the game SAVED GAME)

Restore, works fine for several minutes.

Exit Game, Restore (same game as before with out having resaved it) Locks up almost immediately after putting me on the bridge.

I checked the save dirrectory in the BCM folder, and the only file there is Player.txt I bet my saves are gone again.

I have a SBlive with windows XP and when I use Creatives XP drivers I have constant problems so I rolled back to using XP's WDM drivers and although I don't have EAX support now I'm having alot less problems I have ordered the XP drivers cd from creative and I will let you know how I get on with that.

I just bought BCM yesterday and installed it. It worked fine except for the fact that occasionally objects wouldn't be displayed. I was a marine but I could only see my gun and my backpack, exc. I thought it was weird so I uninstalled and reinstalled the game and now I get the BC3000AD company logo like normal when I start then that window closes and nothing happens. The game failes to open. I've gone through all the troubleshooting sections I could find, I updated everything I could get my hands on, things were patched, updated....it was bloody. But it still does the same thing and I simply cannot figure it out. Suggestions? Comments? Insults?

Wait, wait, had an epiphany. I read the BCMFATALERROR.LOG file to find I'm getting that Cannot load ENGLISH.LNG error you all were talking about earlier. I am searching for the link to DL the fix but it appears to be down (the one in the post anyway) can anyone post it....meanwhile I'll continue looking.

For the record I'm running version 1.0.07 of BCM...I did the DX 8.1 updates and all that other good stuff as well.

[ 03-18-2002, 13:57: Message edited by: Bandus ]

Alright, heres my issue, which I feel is rather big. So I'm laying out my plan for an assult on a terran military base on Privus. I'm flying a firestorm, and I go about setting waypoints for all eight fighters as well as 4 OCs. I have marines in the transporter ready to go. So, I initiate the action, sending in all my fighters on CAP and sending my shuttles to deploy the OCs. All of this occurs, and I then send my squad of marines to assult the base. After being deployed, I attempt to issue orders to my marines, however, in front of my eyes, one by one, the green square around each disappears, and I am unable to select them to issue orders. Not only that, but the squares around my OCs are absent as well, so I cannot select them either. Furthermore, if I goto any other base on the planet at this point, none of the buildings have their squares around them, so I am unable to click on them either. It's as if there is a maximum number of objects that can be selectable, and after that, nothing else can. This isn't cool, cause then I cannot send more marines down, and because I can't issue them orders, or evacuate them.

Those squares are called TTDs. Learn how to use the Tacops system and you'll immediately know why they would disappear. This forum is for tech support, not tips.

I also have had the same problem as the poster above, where only my AE's gun would be visable while being deployed, and I would not be able to select him either in tacops, meaning he's stuck on the planet forever, and I can't have that.

Upgrade your drivers. Learn how to play the game. Clear OUT of this thread unless you actually HAVE a problem worth reporting.

And on a side note, might I suggest something that would make battle easier?

No. Siddown. You don't even know how to the play the game. As such, you are in no position to post suggestions. Leave this thread NOW!!!

If in tacops, instead of issuing attack orders through a menu, issuing them through clicking, or selecting the target in tacops. Scanning through a list of dozens of diffrent targets, such as during a base assult, makes it impossible to attack pertinant targets. If I could say, "FC-1, attack (click on object)" that would be a huge improvement. If you need clarification on anything I brought up, just ask. Thanks.

The fact that you even post this bit, proves my point. You don't know how to play the game because it already does just that.

Yeah, I thought about this one and realized that I hadn't looked deeply enough into it. Sry for the bother.

[ 03-18-2002, 18:01: Message edited by: goaliejerry ]

quote:

Originally posted by Bandus:

Wait, wait, had an epiphany. I read the BCMFATALERROR.LOG file to find I'm getting that Cannot load ENGLISH.LNG error you all were talking about earlier.

You will only get that error if the game is uninstalled and/or patched improperly.

Follow the starting from scratch instructions in the FAQ and start from scratch, then apply the 1.0.07 (FULL) patch as indicated.

As to the other issue, you obviously have video driver problems. That too is covered in the FAQ. Read it.

And before you post again, make sure that your system profile info is in your sig.

[ 03-18-2002, 17:42: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

As always you were right SC....I did the patch thing wrong. I fixed it and ran the game and it ran beautifully...I shed a single tear watching the BC pull outta Galcom HQ....

I shut it down to go see my girlfriend (it was a hard choice to make) and I came back a few hours later. Fired it up, restored my game. It completes loading and shows me the bridge. The combat officer reports combat on Deck 1 and the game freezes. I restart and drop the Screen Bit Depth and Texture Bit Depth down to 16 and do another restore. This time it gets to the part after it is done loading all the area scripts and freezes without ever making it to the bridge. Suggestions? Useful comments?

P.S. I'm trying to figure out how to had my sys specs to my sig as we speak.

[ 03-19-2002, 01:24: Message edited by: Bandus ]

quote:

I checked the "Forum Archives" and found the "procedure" for system profiles. I click the link to go to the page and get the following.

Dunno what you were clicking on, but I just clicked on it myself, right here.

[ 03-19-2002, 12:51: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

quote:

Now lets see if we can get this other problem licked.

What other problems? Every problem I've seen you post about, has already been covered in the FAQ or in these threads. Please go and read them. It is a pointless venture to have people keep repeating the same thing over and over (as above) and we do NOT encourage it.

I read the FAQ and made the suggested changes and it didn't help. I searched the forums and tried to find a thread that had a problem exactly like mine or atleast close to it. I found a few and none of the suggested fixes helped. I getting a bit frusturated and I understand that it is very possibly something that is my fault. I also understand that it is pointless and a waste of time to post answers over and over again. I just want to enjoy my game.

quote:

I read the FAQ and made the suggested changes and it didn't help.

Read it again

And while you're at it, your system specs do not contain the actual driver revision numbers. Since when did dates become driver numbers?

Guest M J OConnor

DELETED

Please refrain from posting ANYTHING in this thread that doesn't closely rememble a bug. There is a thread for posting newbie crap. Go there.

[ 03-19-2002, 22:56: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

A rendering issue with the 1.07 patch has perplexed me. Some star stations (type 1,2,3) are rendered incorrectly. The type two station has two wings instead of four for example and the second wing is parallel to the first. I have e-mailed a shot of a type 3 station (genesis) to the SC. I have tracked the problem down to the patch. I have un-installed and re-installed the game several times. Without the patch, the stations appear correctly, with the patch the distortions appear. I downloaded the patch twice from the 3D gamers mirror, no change. Has anyone had this problem? I am running 16 bit 800x600 with a voodoo 3 card (latest drivers, direct x 8.1, etc.).

Ice cold

You need to re-download the 1.0.07 full or update patch and run it.

If you have this file GALCOMHQ.INI in your MODELSANIMATE folder, you have not applied the patch properly. There should only be 518 files in that folder.

This issue has already been discussed elsewhere. At that time, I re-packaged the 1.0.07 patch files and re-uploaded them in order to provide a failsafe method of deleting some obsolete files (which WILL cause this problem) if the user didn't apply the patch properly.

First try the update version of the patch (just apply it on top of itself). As long as you execute it from the folder where BCM is installed, those obsolete files (which will cause this problem), will be removed.

My apologies for the error in my system profile. The error has been corrected. I searched the FAQ yet again making sure I'd already made all the changes it had suggested and I had. It still doesn't solve the problem. I'm out of ideas and I really wish I could actually get a solution to this problem.