Misc Tech Support Issues III

Supreme Cmdr

I have the same problem as mufossa it didnt start happening til the 1.0.0.5 or 1.0.0.6 patch, if I run the game at 1.0.0.4 it wont crash.

I can hit alt-p 100 times with out it crashing, it only happens when intruders board.

[ 04-09-2002, 03:26: Message edited by: xierxior ]

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest MIKE113

quote:

Originally posted by xierxior:

I have the same problem as mufossa it didnt start happening til the 1.0.0.5 or 1.0.0.6 patch, if I run the game at 1.0.0.4 it wont crash.

I can hit alt-p 100 times with out it crashing, it only happens when intruders board.

I have the same problem also! I thought it was my old vid card(same as mufossa's) but your card is much newer! I have just not used Perscan since it started to happen. I can use it when there are no intruders also...

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr :

Yes. Read the manual and take a closer look at the keyboard commands sheet.

It really doesn't work ( or I'm really dumb ). When I select a target and press SHIFT+9, I don't hyperdrive. When I press 9, the thrust is not set. When I press 0, the thrust is not disengaged.

quote:

Originally posted by MIKE113:

quote:

Originally posted by xierxior:

I have the same problem also! I thought it was my old vid card(same as mufossa's) but your card is much newer! I have just not used Perscan since it started to happen. I can use it when there are no intruders also...

I'm not getting it, so it could be driver related. I will ask the testers to check it out.

btw, what race/caste/career/asset are you two using?

[ 04-10-2002, 10:51: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

quote:

Originally posted by Alligator:

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr :

Yes. Read the manual and take a closer look at the keyboard commands sheet.

It really doesn't work ( or I'm really dumb ). When I select a target and press SHIFT+9, I don't hyperdrive. When I press 9, the thrust is not set. When I press 0, the thrust is not disengaged.

It does work. Maybe you're just dumb (your words; not mine)

If you post in this thread again about this nonsense, your posting rights will be revoked. If you don't know how it works, go to the newbie forum.

[ 04-10-2002, 10:47: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

Heheh, or maybe his keyboard is broken.

Or maybe he's trying to use the keypad, not the numbers across the top?

All I know is SHIFT+9 and 0 work for me, every time, and always has.

Just a thought.

Idaho

A note to those mentioning having problems loading save games on a system with a Sound Blaster Live! card:

I've spent the past month experimenting, and I verify Xierxior's (and a few others) tip for stopping this problem.

Go to your start menu, find your Battlecruiser Millenium folder, right click on the Battlecruiser Millenium program icon, and in the box that says Target, add the following to the line: -x0

(that's a zero, not the letter O)

When done, it should look something like this:

"C:Program Files3000ADBattlecruiser Millenniumbcm.exe" -x0

This disables 3D positional sound, which seems to cause a problem with the SB Live card. (For the record, the game still sounds about the same on my home theater system, so it shouldn't affect how good the game sounds for you).

It works for me, and I've had no problems in the past month with saved games locking up on load.

Hope this helps you!

(SC, hope this isn't wasting space, but since I saw a few mention the problem again this past week, thought I'd post this to help them out).

Idaho

[ 04-11-2002, 05:07: Message edited by: Duncan Idaho ]

quote:

Originally posted by Duncan Idaho:

(SC, hope this isn't wasting space, but since I saw a few mention the problem again this past week, thought I'd post this to help them out).

Idaho

Its fine. Those parameters are already in the FAQ but I have added a specific entry for it and cite this as a possible fix for this problem.

[ 04-11-2002, 11:50: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

I have seen a Perscan CTD problem, as well, it seems to be related to just how FAST you enter perscan after being told you have intruders.

I've been unable to reproduce reliably, but my reflexes aren't as sharp as some of the younger folk.

Idaho

Well unless and until someone reproduces it and has a saved game to boot, this is a closed issue.

So far neither I, nor the testers can reproduce it. So, I have a feeling that it may be video driver related. Dunno.

Guest Grayfox

would there be a chance (Remote) of it being related to SB Live! ?? ive been reading about the CTD's after switching to perscan, and ive also been reading about the problems the SB Live! cards/drivers can cause and im just curious.

The perscan CTD happened to me, and i have a SB Live! card. i followed some advice given on the forums involving SB Live! drivers and now i dont have the problem anymore... the bad thing is, i couldnt reproduce it 100% it would happen to me about once in every 3 attempts, now whenever i access perscan after being notified of intruders, i dont get a CTD... and ive done it 10 times or so so far.

again just curious...

Guest MIKE113

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

Well unless and until someone reproduces it and has a saved game to boot, this is a closed issue.

So far neither I, nor the testers can reproduce it. So, I have a feeling that it may be video driver related. Dunno.

I ordered the ATI 8500, should be here Monday. I will post if it cures my problem.