Misc Tech Support Issues IV

Supreme Cmdr

quote:

Originally posted by Kartoffel:

Came across a oddity (bug?) the other day.

I ordered a shuttle to tow me, and it got stuck. It was still leaving the movement trails, but it wasnt moving physically. It looked like it was pushing against empty space.

A scrpited insurgent ship (warmonger, forgot it's name.) in the ACM also got simalarly stuck, except it was pushing on a jumpgate. (GalCom ACM TOD1 1/2, Treas)

Has anyone else seen something like this happen?

Yeah, the exact same thing happens to me. I look up at my shuttle and the movement trails are there but it's not going anywhere. Not sure if it's a bug or not though....SC?

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

The music files are MP3. If you have problems with that, then you need to ensure that the latest version of Windows media player is installed.

Of course, this is all documented in the FAQ

Ya, it IS in the FAQ, but I don't believe it is a problem with Windows Media Player...which I have the latest version of, I think it is something to do with my sound card being a SB Live! and my motherboard having VIA. Either way, it runs really stable right now.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, I don't know where else to beg for help, and I already ran a search query for my problem, but here goes.

I just got a new computer. Virtually empty 120 GB HD, running XP PRO. All the other important stuff is in my sig. I install BCM. Patch it to 1.0.07. I launch to space, I can fly for under 2 minutes, the screen freezes, I hear the sound loop, and I have to physically restart the computer.

It never did occur to you to actually read the FAQ right?

Well, try it. You'd be surprised what you'd find in there.

I'll bet anything that it is related to either one of these.

1. Acceleration tab for audio driver
  2. Video card driver (current supported version being Det4 2942)
  3. Audio driver (CL released new XP drivers yesterday in fact)

Looking at your profile, I don't know where you could possibly find 6.13.10.2980 for winXP. AFIK, those drivers were only released for win9x/me/2k. If you are running win2K drivers under winXP, I hope your video card explodes into very tiny fragments.

Another time wasting excercise based on issues that are fully documented. Lazy b!stard.

[ 07-20-2002, 07:49 PM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

Thanks SC. The source of my problem was because I had sound coming from the motherboard AND my sound card, and it caused some sort of conflict that wasn't apparent from the device manager. So, if anyone has my problem, fix that. (but be sure not to wipe/ovverwrite your BIOS...that's why i've been gone for a week) I'm glad you told me about the video drivers, since now i'm operating under the ones that wont wreck my video card. Well, problem solved.

quote:

Originally posted by Dredd:

Thanks SC. The source of my problem was because I had sound coming from the motherboard AND my sound card,

Its always a good idea to disable on-board sound audio if you have an add-in sound card.

A frequent problem...

I have never been able to successfully assign fighters to establish a CAP or begin a SEAD mission over a hostile base. They will enter the atmosphere and bug out immediately (RTB). The same thing happens from version 1.0 to the latest build. My waypoints are as follows, proceed to next then SEAD (or CAP). The fighters are given the correct load outs to complete the mission but I guess the pilots get gun shy planeside .

[ 07-29-2002, 07:51 PM: Message edited by: IceCold ]

Ok, I've been able to play the game now that I fixed the drivers from my last problem; thank you.

Now I have a recurring problem that was able to overcome by playing in "Instant Action" and then loaded up my saved game. Well, now it seems that it's not enough. What happens is that either selecting "Resume" or "Restore", it loads up... to a point.

When selecting "Resume", it loads up all the needed files then in the bottom right corner it states Game Loaded: OK, but it locks and then I have to Alt-Ctrl-Del to end the program.

When selecting "Restore", it loads up fine to the point where I have my Bridge viewer active looking into space where I was last. But once again it just locks up and I have to do what I did before.

I have been playing this saved game some time now and it would be a shame to start over again. But what I can't understand is that I am able to start a new game and it works fine. So why not a saved game.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

quote:

Originally posted by IceCold:

A frequent problem...

I have never been able to successfully assign fighters to establish a CAP or begin a SEAD mission over a hostile base. They will enter the atmosphere and bug out immediately (RTB). The same thing happens from version 1.0 to the latest build. My waypoints are as follows, proceed to next then SEAD (or CAP). The fighters are given the correct load outs to complete the mission but I guess the pilots get gun shy planeside .

Manual p32 (second paragraph)

You can also make the last waypoint REPEAT ACTIONS and they will repeat all waypoints indefinitely. When you are ready for them to return, change that last waypoint to RTB and when they hit it again, they will. Or you can just delete it. Same thing.

btw, this is NOT a tech support problem and should NOT be in this thread. It should be in the BC Newbie forum.

quote:

Originally posted by SyberSamurai:

Ok, I've been able to play the game now that I fixed the drivers from my last problem; thank you.

Now I have a recurring problem that was able to overcome by playing in "Instant Action" and then loaded up my saved game. Well, now it seems that it's not enough. What happens is that either selecting "Resume" or "Restore", it loads up... to a point.

When selecting "Resume", it loads up all the needed files then in the bottom right corner it states Game Loaded: OK, but it locks and then I have to Alt-Ctrl-Del to end the program.

When selecting "Restore", it loads up fine to the point where I have my Bridge viewer active looking into space where I was last. But once again it just locks up and I have to do what I did before.

I have been playing this saved game some time now and it would be a shame to start over again. But what I can't understand is that I am able to start a new game and it works fine. So why not a saved game.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

You either have corrupted saved games or you still have your video driver acceleration tab set too high.

Delete all files in the SAVE folder and start afresh.

In the case of the video card slider tab, read the FAQ.

This isn't a critical issue, but it's a bug nevertheless. (unless it works as intended, in which case i'll shut up)

Various systems on my fighters and shuttles are at 99% or 98% status (1% or 2% damage). I dock at a station, go to logistics, crafts, and the afflicted craft. I click on the system, I click on repair, I assign 1-2 engineers per system, and the color of the system turns teal or whatever color it is for "being repaired". The repair end time shows up as the current time or 1 minute away. No matter what I do then, the system doesn't get repaired and when I go to logistics it still shows up at 99% and the color code is now the pink/beige "suspended" color. Even if I launch to space and order my engineers to repair it there, the same issue occurs.

quote:

This isn't a critical issue, but it's a bug nevertheless. (unless it works as intended, in which case i'll shut up)

Its not a bug. Read the manual and the VCF files

quote:

Originally posted by 54ths:

each time i boot up bcm on my computer it goes through the opening fmv like thing and then its say's something like failed to open objclass.cfg

My computer is 800 mhz athlon, geforce 2 mx 400, 256 megs ram

You have an incorrect install since it can't find those files.

And please follow the rules of the board: If you are going to post in a tech support forum, your profile should include your sig which includes the path to your system profile. Check the Forum Archives on how to do this.

[ 08-04-2002, 10:44 AM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

Has anyone gotten multiple CTD's from entering a type 3 station. I seem to be losing great ships because i get a CTD when i enter Earthstar etc. This is frustrating for me because i havent been able to get past a whole day of play with out a Save/Crash and/or a CTD i have 1.0.0.7 And i have done the tweaks including the Mouse driver all seemed to work great for one day then when it did crash it hasn't been the same. I have some really serious save game issues and when i try to load them after the reboot the Processor instantly spikes to 97% Any ideas im really hating not being able to get far. I tried the RC15 But the shuttle probs drove me mad so i re-installed completely with Orginal Wipe.

Oh guys. Sorry, Yes i have read the FAQ all the way thru. I have read this forum all the way thru as well, One question or thing i havent done because i cant locate it is the Audio/Video Acc slider tab in XP where did they put it?

[ 08-04-2002, 01:33 AM: Message edited by: CrypticD ]

If you didn't apply the patch properly, you will have a problem. Those station models were replaced a while ago and the batch file deleted some of the animations for those that used to have animated docking bays. If you didn't run the patch properly and the batch file didn't delete then obsolete animation files, you'll have problems.

You should not have any of these files as they are deleted by the FULL patches.

code:

.modelsanimategalcomhq.ini

.modelsanimategammula.ini

.modelsanimatesstat*.ini

.modelsanimategammbay*.3d

.modelsanimateghqbay*.3d

.modelsanimatess?bay*.3d

Other than that, there's nothing different between one station or the other except the model type. And the model has nothing to do with docking.

So, look elsewhere for the problem if you are certain that you applied the patch properly as it has nothing to do with the station.

[ 08-04-2002, 10:42 AM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

Ok, I at the end of my wits trying to figure out why the hell each and everytime I go to play a saved game after playing it a few days it ends up not responding once again.

Now I've played around with all the settings both in the game and my system settings to no avail. I just can't seem to get it working.

Mind you it's fine and dandy if I don't shut my system. I love it and all, but it is just to damn frustrating to have to start over every couple of days.

If you have any more suggestions on what I can do to rectify this little problem, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Your CONFIG settings don't affect saved games.

If the game doesn't load when you restore it or when you use resume, it doesn't necesarily have anything to do with the saved game. It probably loads but your graphics (or sound) is not initialized.

You need to read the FAQ guidelines on how to start from scratch with a patch and then go from there. You MUST scrub the folder entirely after you uninstall!

In the faq it says:

quote:

Q. SOMETIMES THE GAME HANGS WHEN RESTORING A SAVED GAME

A. There are reports that this could happen if you have an SB Live! card. Try adding the -x0 command line parameter to the

BCM shortcut and see if that helps. This disables all distance attenuated sound processing and has no affect on the sounds

themselves since BCM does not support A3D or EAX.

How do I do this?

Ive tried changing the target under the shortcut tab to : "C:Program Files3000ADBattlecruiser Millenniumbcm.exe-x0"

But I keep getting the message: The name "C:Program Files3000ADBattlecruiser Millenniumbcm.exe-x0" specified in the target box is not valid. Make sure the path and file name are correct

quote:

Well, they have before with me. I've tried loading games and it froze at the end of the loading screen or as soon as I got in the cockpit, but upon lowering all my config graphics settings, I didn't have that problem (and then when i raised them again the game continued to run).

quote:

Originally posted by TRD:

How do I do this?

Ive tried changing the target under the shortcut tab to : "C:Program Files3000ADBattlecruiser Millenniumbcm.exe-x0"

But I keep getting the message:
The name "C:Program Files3000ADBattlecruiser Millenniumbcm.exe-x0" specified in the target box is not valid. Make sure the path and file name are correct
[/QB]

All command line parameters go outside the quotes. e.g.

"C:Program Files3000ADBattlecruiser Millenniumbcm.exe" -x0

quote:

quote:

Well, they have before with me. I've tried loading games and it froze at the end of the loading screen or as soon as I got in the cockpit, but upon lowering all my config graphics settings, I didn't have that problem (and then when i raised them again the game continued to run).

Let me see if this version works

YOUR CONFIG SETTINGS DON'T AFFECT SAVED GAMES

HEY Guys im good to Go now, heres what i had to do.

The sound card listed in my specs, I had to turn Hardware accelaration all the way off. Not just notch it back. No noticeable consequence of this to me.

I do the Load/High fix

All the Bios settings per FAQ

Dropping video back will result in the splash screen flickering so i didnt drop the vid acceleration.

I haven't had a prob since dropping accel off the SC. Thanks for your help guys/gals sorry to be a noob moron on the "where's it at stuff" I found it.

Found one minor annoyance. I saved the game last night after getting in a nasty scrap at lyrius losing two fighters to heavy damage. I was defensive only, no attack initiation. My Experience points were 2250 real low i know. I log on today to play and they are at -11190 ??? What gives with that was that something i did or didnt do. I was only attacked by one ship.