Hyperjumping Problem

Thomas Braun

If you use the navitron computer to set the autopilot to hyper jump somewhere, then select a planet, then press "SHIFT+9" to hyper jump, then press 'y' to establish planetfall, you hyper jump to the waypoint, and then make planetfall anyway. This looks very unusual when you are at a jump gate and get to see your ship "falling" towards the planet at unbelievable rates.

I am using RC32 and am able to get this to repeat every time. Obviously, it's not game stopping, but is sort of unusual, and I have not seen it posted anywhere yet. If it is, I am very very sorry.

Its perfectly legal and its happening because you are trying to use the same system to do two different things - and one is taking precedence.

Post the exact steps (no, what you posted above doesn't even compare to what I need) to reproduce this reliably and I'll see if there is a way to prevent you folks from doing such silly things.

Deleted

Please read my post above and comply accordingly or I will simply delete the thread and forget about it.

When I ask for steps, thats exactly what I need, exact steps and that includes jump target, waypoint target etc etc.

T-WOPR

Although your report was quite vague I was able to reproduce this issue and have given SC the necessary steps to reproduce it. In the future please try to be more specific in the steps necessary to get the results you saw.

Here is the steps I provided SC

quote:

TO REPRODUCE

SNG, use Galcom/MKIII as a launch point/ship (it should not matter which station/ship that you use but I figured it best to keep it simple)

after launch make sure A/P is off and go to Navitron Computer and select any jump point (I used Mars)

Now select Earth's Moon in your NID computer from bridgeview so it is targeted in the CVD

Hit "Shift 9"

You will be asked if you would like to make planetfall - answer Yes

Your ship will now enter Hyperdrive and you will head to the jumpgate you previously selected via your Navitron Computer.

Once you exit the Hyperjump your CC will immediately display the planetfall entry scene and zip very quickly across the region and establish entry onto the Moon, which as you know is quite a distance away from the Mars jumpgate.

This is the type of information that is required to make it clear how you found this issue. This is a bug, rest assured that SC will now be able to fix it. In the future if you like you can send me via a PM on any issues that you may find and I will do my best to try to confirm it, this way none of us send SC on a wild goose chase or have him guessing how to reproduce it.