My Game do not run

Ferigad

Short:

I Install the Game, a clean install, no reg┬┤s are left, game complete removed, PC restartet.

I take the new RC 33 Patch and install it.

I start the Game, see the loading screen (Same Picture like on the Manuel) it disseapear┬┤s and the Game end┬┤s before the Video Animation is Starting that show┬┤s the BC 3000 Logo.

Got no idear what it is, i got downloaded newest driver , like i do it every month when there are new driver┬┤s are.

With a older Patch before this RC33 the game does still run, now i cant start the game with this new Patch. Just want to "inform" you about this Prob, my Specifications should be still regestrated in the BC3000 USER Database.

http://www.3000ad.com/register/profile.php?id=314

This is my actually Sys config...dodnt know what i could still do, i try some solutions from other topic┬┤s with similiar prob┬┤s, but they didnt work.

I hope nobody will me

Thx anyway

You also need directx 8.1B. I haven't tried the patch but that same problem happened to me with the demo episode 2 a few years ago and the problem was due to direct x... Try that.

BTW: Why can't you put your profile on your signature?

Sorry, i am a German player, my english is not very good, and it┬┤s hard to get German support couse i didnt got any German Friend that play BCM _and_ know all technical specifications.

And yes, the Patch was in the Folder, yes i try it first with a older Patch, than the newer etc...etc..i try ALL solutions from the Other Thread┬┤s that got a similiar problem.

Belive me when i say "nothing worked"

ATM i play BCM without any patch couse only without any Patch it run┬┤s.....but belive me, it┬┤s not very funny -_-

Still hope for a new patch, a solution or else....maybe the Patch got a prob with German Driver┬┤s?

But i see, nobody seem┬┤s to be a working solution, so i still wait for a working Patch or a other BC-Game that will run

BTW: Cant change the Topic now, it┬┤s to late to change it.

BBTW: I didnt know about signature stuff, hyper transfer protocol┬┤s and else, and this is the only game where i ever encountert the prob that it did not run and give me no error code or else that i can send to a Tech Support etc... (I only use a Forum when i must or got no other choice)

BBBTW: Thank┬┤s for your Help guy┬┤s and that you try to help me with solution┬┤s, more that some other would do i think

quote:

Originally posted by Ferigad:

Still hope for a new patch, a solution or else....maybe the Patch got a prob with German Driver┬┤s?

The patch works. So, if you can't get it to work properly, no further patch will work.

If you follow the instructions in the FAQ for starting clean with a patch, you should be able to get it to work properly

ps: I have fixed your sig, since you probably didn't understand the English instructions

Ferigad, the problem you mentioned above gives me the sense of graphics driver conflict.

I've read above that you upgrade your drivers almost every month. In most cases, nVidia drivers are not installed correctly when a previous version is already installed. The result of it could be corrupted graphics or, no game at all.

Just in case, do you UNINSTALL the previous driver version before applying the new one?

Problem is solved, thank┬┤s to Papi, it┬┤s a Hardware problem and now the game run┬┤s but it took me over 30 retry┬┤s before game was running

Big Big Thx to all other┬┤s and a Mega Big thx to Papi

• 5 months later...

I have the same problem that my german friend has!!!! But the cause of the problem is not the same. I checked everything out. I have all the newest software(drivers, direct X, patches) installed. But still Nothing. I tried almost everything except praying. I reinstalled the about 12 times and tried to run it over 50 times and at every way(resolutions, switching cd-drives, etc. ) i could think off. Help me PLEASE Help me. I am desperate !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

quote:

Originally posted by haguman:

I have the same problem that my german friend has!!!! But the cause of the problem is not the same. I checked everything out. I have all the newest software(drivers, direct X, patches) installed. But still Nothing. I tried almost everything except praying. I reinstalled the about 12 times and tried to run it over 50 times and at every way(resolutions, switching cd-drives, etc. ) i could think off. Help me PLEASE Help me. I am desperate !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are many people here who will be glad to help. First thing is to find out exactly what kind of system you have, exactly what driver versions, which product (BCM or BCMG) and other information.

The way to provide this information is to register the product and fill out your system specifications completly.

I would also recommend picking one of your many installs or just doing it again and document your steps followed by the result.

Good luck, these guys are merciless on those who don't follow directions.

quote:

Originally posted by haguman:

You're not going to get ANY help until you add your sys info to your sig.

Thank you for the tipMr. President and Cadet #4590!!!

"" I have the same problem that my german friend has!!!! But the cause of the problem is not the same. I checked everything out. I have all the newest software(drivers, direct X, patches) installed. But still Nothing. I tried almost everything except praying. I reinstalled the about 12 times and tried to run it over 50 times and at every way(resolutions, switching cd-drives, etc. ) i could think off. Help me PLEASE Help me. I am desperate !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ""

My systems specs are to be found here http://www.3000ad.com/register/profile.php?id=1494

Thank you for posting your specs. I would strongly, strongly suggest you make the link to your system specs part of your signature.

Could you please document, step by step what happens when you install, patch and launch the program including what you see on the screen?

That is the only way I could help you, though I am certian there are others who might be able to do more with less.

Well i just did what the manual said. Put cd in cd-drive>CHECK. If not autostart doubleclick on My Computer and then the CDROM>CHECK. Then Doubleclick on setup.exe.>CHECK and it just worked fine. No errors No jitters Very SMOOTH ( i have a 3000ad addiction so i was really excited) i restarted and tried to run it trough the startmenu and my resolution was 800*600 16-bit(Just as the manual recommended) and i see the a square appear that looked excactly like the one that appears on the box(and the manual). Well, You know my sys-specs now. So Suggestions anyone???

PS. Should the term Dreamcatcher have anything to do with my problems ?

[ 08-05-2003, 07:38 PM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

Not to nitpick but you seemed to stop providing information just as the problem could have been made clear.

Can you tell me what happened after that? You see confirming everything you did that worked is fine, and appreciated, and I am happy that you saw the square that you were supposed to see, but what happened after that?

This is starting to sound like a very different problem from the one described initially, and it just might be resolved by reading the troubleshooting faq, paying close attention to the part about installed video codec problems and such.

Glad to help, and for your sake I hope that works because your confusing and baffling reluctance to make your profile part of your signature probably means you will get no help from anybody with a better idea.

If the codecs don't work you might just do it the easy way and use the switch to disable the intro video (no loss IMHO),

quote:

Originally posted by Fiver:

Glad to help, and for your sake I hope that works because your confusing and baffling reluctance to make your profile part of your signature probably means you will get no help from anybody with a better idea.

If the codecs don't work you might just do it the easy way and use the switch to disable the intro video (no loss IMHO),

I think he's Dutch and probably doesn't understand.

Anyway, I have fixed it for him

Well Fiver, i tried messing with codecs but there wasn`t anything wrong with that. Nvidia also said that they were the newest versions. And i also tried disabling the intro by adding /n in the properties of the shortcut to bcm.exe, but that didn`t work either. And I apologize for not adding my system-specs in my sig. I didn`t had the time for it. When I just wanted to add the url. It was already there. Thankz for adding it for me Supreme Commander. And uhmmm Supreme Commander just for the info i`m not dutch, i just live in the netherlands (like anyone really cares). And again thankz for helping me Fiver(4give me) and Supreme Commander but i`m still stuck. I tried the resolution changing/compatibility changing/driverversions checking/changing cd-drive-letters/defragmentating HD/scandisk/virusscan(like i said i`m desperate)/praying/directx version checking/restarting the game over hunderd times now but still nothing... ON MY RIG.....So tommorow i will go to my brothers house and try to run it on his rig. If it works there there must be some way to make it run on my machine too. If it doesn`t work there then i`ll try it on 10 other rigs and only then I will loose faith in 3000ad.... I played BC3000AD back in 1998 when it was really buggy but I was still in love with this kind of game but after a few years i lost the game got a new PC and bought this game !!!! So i`ll try anything DO anything GIVE anything(that i have) just to play for 1 hour !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please help me

Sorry it wasn't the codecs. That would have been a simple and easy answer. No need to apologize to me for not adding the specs to your sig, I really was just trying to give you some friendly info about what it would take to get help from the real experts.

Back when I worked for Packard Bell the BIOS was horrible. I mean real, real bad. What you have isn't technically from the same company that I worked for, but suggesting you check your BIOS or try the game on a totally different brand PC are all I can think to suggest.

Best of luck, but I don't personally have any other advice.