In Logistix>Crafts>Deck1 I see

Bridge and Navitron Computer Cyan and 100%

Looking at the details of the Bridge I see the repair light lit:

OPR Status is 100%

Completed is 100%

Assigned is 5

Standby is 5

Status is Scheduled

For the Navitron Computer it looks the same.

Repair is expected in a minute...

After 5 minutes the repairs are suspended.

What have i missed in the manual. ?????

Thank you

Um. I've seen this before. Just unassign those engineers from that place, and look past it. It seems to happen every once in a while (it's a glitch or whatnot -- I use the term "glitch" lightly), and it doesn't do any damage. When that system is damaged, and you repair it, it usually corrects itself. (In my experience.)

quote:

Originally posted by Baldor:

I am not docked Im in space near Mars.

In Logistix>Crafts>Deck1 I see

Bridge and Navitron Computer Cyan and 100%

Looking at the details of the Bridge I see the repair light lit:

OPR Status is 100%

Completed is 100%

Assigned is 5

Standby is 5

Status is Scheduled

For the Navitron Computer it looks the same.

Repair is expected in a minute...

After 5 minutes the repairs are suspended.

What have i missed in the manual. ?????

Thank you

What about the fatigue factor? Are your sysengs tired? or is your Chief Engineer tired? They tend to wander around when they are tired.

Guest Grayfox

need to crack the whip and get them back to work! sleep later, work now or no soup for you!

sleep deprivation hath driven me mad got any nutripaks nova?

quote:

Originally posted by Cmdr Jeffery Eu:

What about the fatigue factor? Are your sysengs tired? or is your Chief Engineer tired? They tend to wander around when they are tired.

Neither should be a problem as, if I'm understanding the post correctly, the systems have been repaired to 100% and are still showing as being scheduled for repair.  Baldor, is that correct?

quote:

Originally posted by Tyrn:

quote:

Originally posted by Cmdr Jeffery Eu:

Neither should be a problem as, if I'm understanding the post correctly, the systems have been repaired to 100% and are still showing as being scheduled for repair.  Baldor, is that correct?

I doubt it. First of all, read what he wrote again, and you'll see what rubbish lies within. Even Nova fell for it.

I can't wait to read the next post

[ 02-03-2002, 08:32: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

quote:

Originally posted by Epsilon 5:

Oh well it already happened to me a few times, I just kept reassigning my sysengs to the system(s) and it eventually cleared up.

Someone probably forgot his tools and the computer thought repairs weren't done

No. In some cases, there is a delay from the time you assign the repair to the time they actually get to it. This is also dependent on your CE.

READ the manual and the appendix

• 1 year later...

I've seen this before. In one game I had a firestorm and was heading toward tau ceti, in the region of pluto I suddenly got a message saying the bridge had been damaged then another saying it was under repair. I checked and all 20 of my sys engineers had been auto assigned to repair the bridge (?? - they never auto assigned before). Now I should note that my ship had NEVER been damaged in that game, not the bridge, not anything, but suddenly it was showing exactly 50% damage. Well the engineers fixed it all the way to 100%, but in logistix the system never went back to "green status". They went back to their stations and I get 3 messages - "bridge repaired", "bridge is damaged", "bridge is under repair". I have a look in logistix and sure enough the bridge is back to 50% AND all the sys engineers have been assigned to repair it. And this is how it went from then on - my engineers were constantly repairing the bridge and my bridge was always somewhat damaged. I went on with the game and ignored this for awhile until it started happening to a second system - the Navitron. One thing I did note is that when I took my chief engineer off duty the systems no longer reverted to 50% damage, but they did stay in "suspended" mode and would never show a green status. I got a good laugh out of all this and figured it was a fluke, killed the game and started a new one.

Well I wouldn't have brought all this up but now this problem is happening in this new game as well. My ship took heavy damage including the life support systems and I got stuck with an evacuate condition. Pulled into a star station to start repairs and both the support systems refuse to repair all the way. Both go to 100%, the stations engineers stop working and the system shows a suspended status. Had a lot of radiation too so many of my crew went off duty to get decontaminated - including my chief engineer. Since I can't get rid of this evacuation alert I can't put the chief back on duty to see if the systems will revert to a damaged status.

And that's where I'm stuck right now, hovering outside Recari station on auto pilot, can't get myself or anyone else back to the bridge, stuck with an evac condition I can't clear, and life support systems that won't fully repair. The good news is this time I have the saved game to prove it! If you want to have a look at this phenomenon first hand just let me know and I'll sent it to you.

quote:

Originally posted by fenixfireblade:

Since I can't get rid of this evacuation alert I can't put the chief back on duty

Why not?

What happens when you dock at the station and try to repair using their own engineers?

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since I can't get rid of this evacuation alert I can't put the chief back on duty

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why not?

Well, during an evac alert the game doesn't let you put anyone on duty through the tactical->crew menu.

quote:

What happens when you dock at the station and try to repair using their own engineers?

Using the station engineers or my own doesn't seem to matter. The system is at 100% right now but it's status is still suspended. If you put the stations engineers on the system they will stay for a minute, then they will unassign themselves and the system they were trying repair will still be cyan (scheduled status) even though there's no one assigned to it. It stays that way for a minute then turns beige (suspended).

On a semi-related note I noticed you mentioned on another thread that the evacuation systems (escape pods and such) had been removed and would not be making a comeback. My question is: could the evac restrictions be removed as well (Not allowing crew assignments to medibay, on duty, etc. as well as forcing launch control to remain powered)? At one point my shuttle bay and all my shuttles were destroyed and my ship was insisting I evacuate. With no other options I told my chief engineer to inflate Resnig so we could use him as a life raft but my chief then reminded me that we were in space so that nixed that whole deal.

Hey, In space no one can hear Resnig scream...

quote:

At one point my shuttle bay and all my shuttles were destroyed and my ship was insisting I evacuate. With no other options I told my chief engineer to inflate Resnig so we could use him as a life raft but my chief then reminded me that we were in space so that nixed that whole deal.

Hey, In space no one can hear Resnig scream...

On that note, I have to say resnig has saved my butt several times. I've made it standard issue for Resnig to wear a bright fluorescent jump suit, espeically when in enemy territory. We put him a 300m away from every one else. He helps us locate the source of incoming fire. He's a really great bullet stopper too. I think the doc is mad at me, he's sick of seeing resnig all the time.

quote:

Well, during an evac alert the game doesn't let you put anyone on duty through the tactical->crew menu.

An evacuation state is caused by several conditions e.g. reactor core breach, radiation, infection.

Try clearing radiation on all decks etc and see if that helps. If not, send in the saved game and let me take a look at whats going on.

Cleared up all the radiation, fixed all reactor systems and the life support systems (unless this suspended repair problem is interferring, it's the first possibility I considered), still no dice.

By the way, what is the definitive list of situations that will cause an evac? Specifically what systems need to be damaged and how much damage must they sustain? I looked all over for the answer to this one before I posted here and couldn't find anything.

In any event I just sent the save to you. Thanks for having a look!

I got your saved game. I mean, almost every system on the ship is flat out busted. What did you expect? If you're patient enough to repair all of them at the station, you should've been more careful. Unless and until you can get all those systems repaired (everything that is Red), you're going to be hard pressed to figured out what's causing the problem.

During an evac everybody is set to scuttle the ship. The only backdoor to controlling your ship (since your AE is not on the bridge), is to ALT+E to exit into space and then re-enter the ship. Your AE should make his way to the bridge. And you can now have manual flight control.

Tomorrow I will look at the save game some more to make sure the conditions on the ship are normal.

quote:

Oh I know the ship's busted but all the systems that could cause an evac when damaged have been repaired. If you see something there that I haven't repaired that you know would cause it let me know and I'll see if it clears it up, otherwise something strange is going on.

I know my previous post was clear. If not, try reading it again. To be subtle: GO REPAIR EVERYTHING and see what happens.

IT WAS THE SHIELDS!! HA!

Naturally I just went down the list repairing one at a time and the shields are the LAST ITEM.

Note to any who search for this info in these forums in the future: If your shield generator is below 25% your crew will want to bail.

Odd considering I managed to evade 2 armadas and escape to a safe port with no shields, but hey, I'm just happy it's fixed and I can proceed.

BTW, your trick of exiting the ship and reentering, pure genius. Got control of my ship back, thanks!

With that out of the way we are still left with the suspended repairs problem. After repairing all systems I found that not only were the main and aux life support systems stuck but also cargo bay 1. I just sent you the new save game.

quote:

IT WAS THE SHIELDS!! HA!

Naturally I just went down the list repairing one at a time and the shields are the LAST ITEM.

Well I did tell you, didn't I?

quote:

Note to any who search for this info in these forums in the future: If your shield generator is below 25% your crew will want to bail.

Wrong.

Here are the conditions which trigger the various ship alerts based on the integrity of the systems listed. Any of the conditions below will cause an alert to be triggered.

YELLOW alert

[*]NUCLEAR REACTOR CORE

[*]NUCLEAR REACTOR

[*]MAIN LIFE SUPPORT

[*]AUX LIFE SUPPORT

[*]HULL

[*]SHIELD

[*]ESCAPED PRISONERS

[*]INTRUDERS DETECTED

RED alert

[*]NUCLEAR REACTOR CORE

[*]NUCLEAR REACTOR

[*]MAIN LIFE SUPPORT

[*]AUX LIFE SUPPORT

[*]HULL

[*]SHIELD

[*]RADIATION

RED alert EVACUATE

[*]NUCLEAR REACTOR CORE

[*]NUCLEAR REACTOR

[*]MAIN LIFE SUPPORT = 0

[*]AUX LIFE SUPPORT = 0

[*]HULL

[*]SHIELD

quote:

With that out of the way we are still left with the suspended repairs problem. After repairing all systems I found that not only were the main and aux life support systems stuck but also cargo bay 1. I just sent you the new save game.

I will look into it using your new saved game later this week.

• 2 weeks later...

i dont have the same problem, but i do have a simular one. hope this is the right thread for it

i have 2 systems that wont repair past 99%, iv tried using my SysEng and Galcoms. ones on FC 3 and the others on SC 3. i used to get the same problem in BCM, but if they system got damaged again then it would be able to repair back to 100%

im not sure if they were only damaged to 99% and just wont go higher or if they were lower and i got them to 99% and then they failed to complete

quote:

Originally posted by MIKE113:

quote:

ones on FC 3 and the others on SC 3

Fly them to a station yourself, dock and you can fully repair.

thanks, i forgot about that

• 1 month later...

so...whats the solution to the problem

I have a few systems that seem unrepairable(at 99 or 100% and still suspended) and sometimes my commlink comuputer seems to break randomly (or possible because of intruders) it goes down to 50% as if it was being upgraded. the commlink computer isnt really a problem. just the suspended repairs.

I have the same problem originally listed. I have not fought one battle (with my CC), had intruders, stored any unsafe parts in my cargo bays, stored a mixture of volatile minerals, or used any type of illegal cheat. I have mysterious damage on deck 1 and it cannot be fully repaired (system colors goes white not green, even at 100%). And the cycle starts all over again. After reading numerous posts on this subject, I am not the only one experiencing this problem. Is there a solution?

[ 06-14-2003, 04:35 PM: Message edited by: Shado ]