Docking, then logging in problem.

MustardCat

Hey just got this game a few days ago (BCMG) and its sweet, but I just ran into a problem:

I go to a space station then dock, and when I hit the log-in button, the game closes, with no error message.

I have restarted my computer, and it still does it. I also tried loading all my goods into a shuttle then docking with that but it still occurs. I've also traveled to other stations and it happens at all of them.

I started a new game then went to some stations and the problem doesnt occur.

Its not always done this, it just started the last time I tried to sell the minerals my drones colected.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Damn n00bs

[ 04-28-2003, 05:36 PM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

quote:

Originally posted by MustardCat:

Hey just got this game a few days ago (BCMG) and its sweet, but I just ran into a problem:

I go to a space station then dock, and when I hit the log-in button, the game closes, with no error message.

I started a new game then went to some stations and the problem doesnt occur.

If you can figure out how to reproduce it reliably, post the step here. If not, it'll be almost impossible to tell whether it's an actuall BC Bug, Phase of the Moon, or AOL gremlin attacking your machine from its homeworld.

Seriously, if you can post steps to reliably reproduce it, it will wind up in Area 51 and become yet another victim of the VCF.

I don't think that your saved games will do any good, I'll give it a go though.

It could be corrupted saved game.

Only if you can remember exact steps before that happened and poste them here, we can try to reproduce it and have a look at it in Area 51.

Well I landed the ship on Earth and deployed some mining drones with my shuttles and was messing around with marine deployment (It was real late at night) and at some point I fell asleep at the computer. :-)

Woke up and collected my drones then headed to CalcomHQ and thats when it started. I will try doing that again tonight on a new game. Also going to send the save to [email protected]

In the meantime anyone know where I can mine radium? I cant buy any and im running looooow.

quote:

Also going to send the save to [email protected]

Do that and your time here will will be short lived.

You should ONLY send us files IF requested by us. And even then, if its not something that can be reproduced, I'm not interested in seeing it.

quote:

Whoops I already did,
http://www.3000ad.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?u...c;f=26;t=000007
didnt mention I should only send when requested, sorry.

So should I just give up on this one and start a new game altogeather?

Don't worry, I'll just deleted it upon receipt.

I have now added the warning to that thread. Thanks for pointing it out.

quote:

So should I just give up on this one and start a new game altogeather?

That depends. What exactly is the problem? And is it still happening? Can you reproduce it? etc etc? I mean, we're not soothsayers you know.

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Private Cyberoket

Sorry bout the out of place post....I was having a bad night.

I have the exact same problem. I have 2 save games, one in the Gamo Quad where the prob started,one in the Terran Quad about 1/2 hour later.Both are guaranted Which means loging into any starstation results in CTD.

The first time i tried loging into a starbase it worked but as soon as I clicked Misc. for some badly needed medkits..CDT. The second time i was successfull..phfeew!!

Does "recreating" it mean start a new game and report the exact steps needed to reproduce the CDT in question? Or does it mean the save has to guarantee CTD IF sent? Probly the first one but I just have to confirm.(It would take a long time to Reproduce my save....which i would gladly do.. and I'll probly do anyway.)

Mustarsdcat For the meantime you to may be able to login to a base, Personel is not an option though. I need to replace a couple of marines, does anyone know anywhere else to get Personel from? Or is it just Starstations.

quote:

Originally posted by Private Cyberoket:

Does "recreating" it mean start a new game and report the exact steps needed to reproduce the CDT in question?

Yes. You don't have to recreate the same IN GAME situation, you just have to be able to recreate the crash itself in a new game.

Guest Private Cyberoket

quote:

Originally posted by Cmdr Chavik:

If a noob does testing on his own does that make him a noobster?

I belive the term is Supa Noob.