Jump to content
3000AD Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest jascatar

French keyboard & Match Designated Target Speed

Recommended Posts

Guest jascatar

ok, thanks guys

I will do my best on playing this beautifull US game as well

Without any help !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

quote:


Originally posted by Tyrn:

I mean look at it from jascatar's point of view: What if BCMG were written and supported only in French? The fact that jascatar is being so persistent is proof that the game is indeed for him. If he were trashing the game, which he isn't at all, then I would agree.


I have to agree. But its still annoying that he continues to post while ignoring my questions. I mean, what I'd like to know is, if he has the printed manual, whats he doing with the downloadable online manual for BC3K?!?!

So, Jaskatar, why are you using that very old manual (and causing us such headache)? Also, which version of the game (BCM or BCM Gold) do you have and where did you buy it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

I have to agree. But its still annoying that he continues to post while ignoring my questions. I mean, what I'd like to know is, if he has the printed manual, whats he doing with the downloadable online manual for BC3K?!?!

From this post, I'm guessing that he wanted a PDF version so he could do searches on it. I know I wish there were a way to combine automatic searches with a printed manual as I prefer the printed word but love a good search function, but I digress.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

So, Jaskatar, why are you using that very old manual (and causing us such headache)? Also, which version of the game (BCM or BCM Gold) do you have and where did you buy it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest jascatar

I have buyed the game at a net market "www.ibazar.fr" and i do not have any paper manual (because i can't buy game as i do not have any international credit card)

So i must do with I have, only pdf from this site

That is the way for europeen players that can't afford this game with a credit card

sorry for that but thats rulez for us

i'm waiting HARDLY to buy the game with a cd key in France ... i do not have a key now because customers havn't sended it to me

the game version I have is 1.00.40

[ 07-01-2003, 03:48 PM: Message edited by: jascatar ]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

quote:


Originally posted by jascatar:

I have buyed the game at a net market "www.ibazar.fr" and i do not have any paper manual (because i can't buy game as i do not have any international credit card)

So i must do with I have, only pdf from this site

That is the way for europeen players that can't afford this game with a credit card

sorry for that but thats rulez for us

i'm waiting HARDLY to buy the game with a cd key in France ... i do not have a key now because customers havn't sended it to me

the game version I have is 1.00.40


Thats the original North American release of BCM Gold.

So what you are telling me is that you have a pirated copy of my game.

How did you register to post on this site without a CDKEY? I know thats not possible. So you must have got a CDKEY from somewhere in order for your registration to be approved.

Epsilon5 - or any French speaking person - please see if you can confirm what exactly it is I am assuming here before I pull out the chain gun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest jascatar

NO, i don't have a cd key, only an original BCMG CD Game that I have buyed from this site, from a guy that selled it.

I can play without the CD key.

That's all what i wanted and i'm happy

I'm just waiting for the europeen release so I can play seriously and connect to the net with the CD key that I will afford

I'm waiting hardly for that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Remo Williams

I would be real careful buying software off ebay Jascatar!! Since what you bought didn't come in a sealed box with manual, cd key and key command card. More than likely you have purchased illegal software.

If this is the case you need to report it to the proper authorities to stop this guy from make any more sales via the French ebay site.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

None of that really matters in Europe, Remo. Or anywhere else internationally, for that matter. Bootlegging is rediculous overseas, I saw it during a tour in Korea. Big companies are finally starting to crack down. It's funny how most of the world's bootleg kings (and by that, I mean most of the world) have nothing good to say about America, yet at the same time the only video games, music, or movies they buy are American. Unfortunatley, most of those are bootlegged. So, the next time you're in a European restraunt and the waiter starts yelling at you for not paying, just reply "Hey buddy, I did pay, it's called the Marshall Plan!"

[ 07-01-2003, 09:35 PM: Message edited by: aggressor27 ]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

quote:

Originally posted by jascatar:

ok, i have just seen that the manual posted on the web site is different than the BCMG manual. Sorry for that

(i don't like manuals, only pdf file because searching is MUCH faster)

Sorry for the mistake. U can remove this post


Good Point about the PDF format. Yeah just type in the search what you are looking easier than just going thru any manual.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

quote:

Originally posted by aggressor27:

So, the next time you're in a European restraunt and the waiter starts yelling at you for not paying, just reply "Hey buddy, I did pay, it's called the Marshall Plan!"

Haha, I like that one!!! Good point!!! They owe us big time!! We helped out in WW1 and We rid them of Hitler and rebuilt their cities and what do we get in return jeers, sneers and bootlegging! I say it's time we go back to isolationism! That'll teach them no more tourism dollars or aid. This country should just try that out for one year. Anyway I Just felt like being the devils advocate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

quote:

Originally posted by jascatar:

I have buyed the game at a net market "www.ibazar.fr" and i do not have any paper manual (because i can't buy game as i do not have any international credit card)

So i must do with I have, only pdf from this site

That is the way for europeen players that can't afford this game with a credit card

sorry for that but thats rulez for us

i'm waiting HARDLY to buy the game with a cd key in France ... i do not have a key now because customers havn't sended it to me

the game version I have is 1.00.40

Thats the original North American release of BCM Gold.

So what you are telling me is that you have a pirated copy of my game.

How did you register to post on this site without a CDKEY? I know thats not possible. So you must have got a CDKEY from somewhere in order for your registration to be approved.

Epsilon5 - or any French speaking person - please see if you can confirm what exactly it is I am assuming here before I pull out the chain gun.


Uh oh, running to the nearest armor plated NYC police car and putting on a kevlar suit. INCOMING!!!!!!!!

quote:

TARZAN: "Jane, it's a jungle out there!"

[ 07-02-2003, 01:48 AM: Message edited by: LostInSpace ]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LostInSpace, why don't you just post one reply instead of three separate replies?

Jascatar, despite your evident enthusiam about the Battlecruiser series, do you realize that as far as I can tell, you have blatantly admited software piracy to the DEVELOPER of the game? I'm anxiously awaiting the answer on how you registered on the site as well w/o a CD-KEY, that should be interesting the say the least.

Meanwhile, I'm going to hide my ass behind about 5 feet of solid lead to avoid the fallout from the nuclear firestorm that is about to be unleashed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

quote:

Originally posted by Bandus:

LostInSpace, why don't you just post one reply instead of three separate replies?

.

Sorry about that, I didn't intent to be a posting pheen but they are replies to seperate ideas and thought it would be less confusing to everyone than just clumping the seperate replies into one post. If it's bad form, just let me know and I'll change my ways. I don't want to be accused of padding my Posting Counter .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No problem LostInSpace. Typically, you want to keep your replies to one post per reply (i.e. don't make 3 separate posts). Beleive it or not, it's more confusing the other way(the way your currently doing it). I'm not a moderator or admin so I'm not handing down canon or anything but thats typcially how it goes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

quote:

Originally posted by Bandus:

Jascatar, despite your evident enthusiam about the Battlecruiser series, do you realize that as far as I can tell, you have blatantly admited software piracy to the DEVELOPER of the game?

I disagree. He has purchased a copy of the game, preumably in good faith although from a possibly less than totally reliable source, which has subsequently turned out to be pirated software. The vendor of the copy he has is the pirate, not Jascatar. However, legally Jascatar should either purchase a legitimate license or stop using the software.

quote:

Originally posted by aggressor27:

None of that really matters in Europe, Remo. Or anywhere else internationally, for that matter. Bootlegging is rediculous overseas, I saw it during a tour in Korea.

Rubbish. Europe isn't Korea. FAST ( the Federation Against Software Theft - a UK organisation) recently opened their first US office to help combat software piracy in the States as well as over here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

quote:

Originally posted by Richard:

Rubbish. Europe isn't Korea. FAST ( the Federation Against Software Theft - a UK organisation) recently opened their first US office to help combat software piracy in the States as well as over here.

Totally agree!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

quote:

Originally posted by Has:

quote:

Originally posted by Richard:

Rubbish. Europe isn't Korea. FAST ( the Federation Against Software Theft - a UK organisation) recently opened their first US office to help combat software piracy in the States as well as over here.

Totally agree!


That's BS, I've spent a little time in Europe as well and have seen these so-called Net-Markets. Nothing but bootlegs sold by vendors. It's funny seeing "The Sims" in Deutche with two puds they pulled off the street, took pictures of, and glued it to the CD. I wonder if they are aware that CD Label Software and accessories do exsist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

quote:

Originally posted by Bandus:

No problem LostInSpace. Typically, you want to keep your replies to one post per reply (i.e. don't make 3 separate posts). Beleive it or not, it's more confusing the other way(the way your currently doing it). I'm not a moderator or admin so I'm not handing down canon or anything but thats typcially how it goes.

Okay Thanks for the tip. Don't matter about being a moderator or admin if ya got some useful helps and advice whether you are a lowly cadet or a full fledged Supreme Commander all useful info is welcome to me from anyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good attitude LostinSpace....I like it.

quote:

I disagree. He has purchased a copy of the game, presumably in good faith although from a possibly less than totally reliable source, which has subsequently turned out to be pirated software. The vendor of the copy he has is the pirate, not Jascatar. However, legally Jascatar should either purchase a legitimate license or stop using the software.

With all due respect, Richard, he said flat out he bought the game WITHOUT a CDKEY. As ANYONE buying games should know, buying a game without an original CDKEY is illegal.

Furthermore, pirating=stealing. Receiving stolen goods is a crime. If Jascatar even had a SMIDGE of a clue that what he was getting may have been less than legal he could, in all technicality, go down with the ship.

Frankly, I'm shocked and amazed that anyone would even try to argue this point as it seems pretty cut and dry.

(Disclaimer: The following is my own, personal, opinion)

Jascatar, I think it's safe to say the Battlecruiser community would love to have you as part of our ranks as you seem genuinely interested in the game. I've seen you post tons of questions about different aspects as you try to learn it and that is definetly outstanding. However, if your copy of the game is not legal, then you need to hide until you do have a legal copy (with your own CD-Key).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am undecided about what to do about Jascatar. I am of the opinion that he really doesn't understand the implications of what he's done.

But I'm not going to ban him. Especially given that I saw a thread where he was asking for assistance in obtaining the game.

Jascatar, contact me via email ([email protected]) asap.

And I now know how he entered the forum without a CDKEY. While I was at E3 (and shortly after I came back), I had set the forum to accept new registrants without a CDKEY so that I didn't have to babysit it and because I was going to update the MD5 encrypted keys DB with new additions (which contained keys for the European release of the game). This didn't get done before I left, so the forum was open to outsiders.

And if the rest of you don't play nice, I'm going to be very upset. You don't want me upset, do you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

quote:

Originally posted by Bandus:

With all due respect, Richard, he said flat out he bought the game WITHOUT a CDKEY. As ANYONE buying games should know, buying a game without an original CDKEY is illegal.

Bandus, I read his post diferently - I believe he did not realise that he was purchasing the game without a CDKEY, and only found out when he received it.

quote:

Originally posted by Bandus:

Furthermore, pirating=stealing. Receiving stolen goods is a crime. If Jascatar even had a SMIDGE of a clue that what he was getting may have been less than legal he could, in all technicality, go down with the ship.

Totally agree. However, I believe he only found out after the event, as a result of this very discussion.

quote:

Originally posted by Bandus:

Frankly, I'm shocked and amazed that anyone would even try to argue this point as it seems pretty cut and dry.

My point was that having purchased a pirated copy of the game believing it to be genuine (which is what I believe has happened), he is obliged to correct his mistake by licensing the product correctly or by disposing of it. This is the standard aproach to resolving licensing shortages in the business environment, and I see no reason for not doing the same in this situation.

I was not defending or justifying software theft in any way at all.

quote:

Originally posted by Bandus:

(Disclaimer: The following is my own, personal, opinion)

Jascatar, I think it's safe to say the Battlecruiser community would love to have you as part of our ranks as you seem genuinely interested in the game. I've seen you post tons of questions about different aspects as you try to learn it and that is definetly outstanding. However, if your copy of the game is not legal, then you need to hide until you do have a legal copy (with your own CD-Key).

Again, totally agree. In fact, I think the last bit is exactly what I said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I read his post and your post again, and I see what your getting at. That pisses me off for Jascatar though. The dude is just trying to play a damn game and he can't even do that without someone taking advantage....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

quote:

Originally posted by Bandus:

I read his post and your post again, and I see what your getting at. That pisses me off for Jascatar though. The dude is just trying to play a damn game and he can't even do that without someone taking advantage....

Glad we got that sorted out. I agree about Jascatar, but at least SC is giving him the chance to sort the licensing out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest jascatar

You must know that I loved FRONTIER ELITE and that that made of the years that I sought the equivalent on PC And I have just found it and I would not release the piece.

However, the European ones as me do not have the possibility of offering this sublime play actually

this is why I did all that it was possible for me it to have.

I had already informed that it was impossible to have it not the official salesmen

But SC me A proposes to obtain it officially and I am absolutely happy because I finally will be able to join the community without problems, if that is done.

It is happiness that not? BCG and BCO If all is well I could join you soon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jascatar, I just got your PM. As I said, unless you figure out a way to pay for BCMG, you should uninstall it and stop playing it. This has NOTHING to do with BCG and I don't give a rat's ass if you bought BCMG from a pirate or from Mahatma Ghandi himself. All I know is that its a pirated copy.

I will quote your PM here.

quote:


Yes many thanks Suprem Commander

I'm so happy

Best would be than I buy BCG instead of BCMG, because it is better and my hardware can support it. I greatly want to buy BCO too if it is possible

I'm ready to send an euro cheque as fast as possible

Thank you for your benevolence


So, I will wait for your reply before deleting your forum profile. Once you have a valid BCM, BCMG or BCG CDKEY (from a legitimate purchase) you can re-register to post.

Also, please remove ALL copyrighted 3000AD material from your website, effective IMMEDIATELY.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×