Controller Issues

Brownh

When i use the Joystick or the mouse i can move up and down, but when i move the joystick left or right or the mouse left or right my ship rolls clockwise or counterclock wise

the only way i can turn is to use insert or del key, how do i fix this?

quote:

Originally posted by Brownh:

When i use the Joystick or the mouse i can move up and down, but when i move the joystick left or right or the mouse left or right my ship rolls clockwise or counterclock wise

That's how the game's programed, bro. If what you are trying to do is yaw, or "that strafing effect caused by rudders", then you need to check out your joystick layout. You probably have rudder control on there and may not know about it. Amazingly, the game is programmed to detect joystick features without you having to configure all of that yourself.

quote:

Originally posted by Brownh:

You can also try flying a ship like you would an airplane. Pushing left or right on a stick will operate the ailerons, causing the plane to roll. In a fighter, the pilot usually rolls the plane to put the target at the top of the canopy (the lift vector), then pulls back on the stick to center the target.

To turn left in a space craft, you'd simply roll 90 degrees left, pull back on the stick until you've turned as far as necessary, then roll 90 degrees back to the right.