Flashing problem

Um someone told me that my post was deleted cause of my comp info. I didn't pm SC cause I heard he doen't like it so to be respectable... If that wsn't the reason sorry in advance

I updated the info as much as I could. Now my problem was my game starts up and the beggining screen looks fine except for a flashing black box around the mouse. When I click on something the main screen is still there with the next screen in the top left corner with flashing alternating black bars. This is ussually the end where I have to turn of the computer (crl+alt+dlt doest work)

Once I manage to click the right places (they move) and exited it. One time the game startred but then it crashed.

I'd like to uninstall/reinstal/wipe my disk. But the computer freezes whenever I try. In the case of the Disk wiping; the computer won't read the disk automatically when I start the computer so I can't.

I know this is my computer but if you can help please do. If it gets deleted again I won't harrass you again. Thanks

Well i used the Direct X diagnostik tool and under display it says total memory 7.5 mb. Is that my Video card memory? On the sticker on my comp it says * mb as allocated memory. Is that the problem?

And if it is then why did it allow me to install, and freezes when I try to uninstall/reinstall?

It's one of those integrated video cards that takes as much memory as needed. It *should* meet the specs.

Flashing box around the cursor usually means bad mouse driver. Do Compaq mice use Logitech or Microsoft drivers?

quote:

Originally posted by Kaworu Nagisa:

I'd like to uninstall/reinstal/wipe my disk. But the computer freezes whenever I try. In the case of the Disk wiping; the computer won't read the disk automatically when I start the computer so I can't.

I know this is my computer but if you can help please do. If it gets deleted again I won't harrass you again. Thanks

Your computer freezing during uninstall has nothing to do with the game. The installer uses Windows Installer which works from Add Remove Programs. If that fails, then you have serious problems on your computer.

quote:

Originally posted by Kasey Chang:

It's one of those integrated video cards that takes as much memory as needed. It *should* meet the specs.

The game needs a 16MB video card. It says so quite clearly on the box and on the product info page. On board video cards don't allocate that much memory on a whim.

Also, if you looked at his profile, he has the desktop bitdepth set to 16bit. Which indicates to me that the video card doesn't have enough memory to run at 32bit.

Quite clearly, his computer does not meet the specifications required for the game.

Ok will do as soon as I get home from work.

And I also know it's my computer. When I used the add remove programs it did something that said it was uninstalling but the game was still there after.

Oh I think I forgot to mention that my family owns many pawn shops so thats where I got my computer from