Problem with cloned personnel losing inventory

Korgmeister

Hmm, I noticed an interesting situation on my carrier. As tends to happen, some of my pilots died and I cloned them as per standard procedure.

What's unusual is that when I checked their inventory, these cloned pilots are now unarmed. This is decidedly not fun when intruders meet them on the flight deck and they are forced to responding with colourful language rather than returning fire.

I've been unable to find a reference to this problem within the forum archives or the manual, and find this rather mystifying. Pilots, unlike Marines, cannot be Prepped for Combat.

So how do I see about giving my newly cloned pilots their sidearms back?

[ 10-11-2003, 12:30 PM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

I noticed this with my pilots at one time too. Before I forgot about it, I was going to try to transport them to a safe area on a planet and back to see if that added the sidearm back into their inventory. I was hoping they would be smart enough to grab a sidearm and ammo on the way to the transporter.

edit: BTW, I do remember them resupplying themselves with a medpak and nutripak, just not the weapon and ammo.

[ 10-10-2003, 01:34 PM: Message edited by: Spindoktor ]

I did a little experimenting. BTW, I'm running RC7.

First, transporting pilots to a planet and back doesn't add the weapon back into their inventory even though they possess the weapon while on the planet (at least the character model shows it on his belt).

Second, I assigned 2 pilots, one with a sidearm, the other without (I apparently needed to clone him at one point) to FC1,launched and ordered them to attack GalcomHQ. While cloning, the armed pilot still showed his sidearm (with ammo) in his inventory. After the cloning process completed, he was left with medpaks and nutripaks only.

I also killed off one of my officers, with the same results, i.e. he was weaponless post-cloning.

In response to SC query:

Not sure if this happens with other crew. So far the only crew members who have ever died on me are pilots.

Cloned pilots do indeed possess a medipack and a nutripack but nothing else.

I'll see about loading up a save game and executing one of my officers (probably not Resnig, since he's more combat oriented) and seeing if they still possess a sidearm when cloned.

For the record I am playing BCM with the v 1.09.01 patch.

Update:

Well, I used the transporter for the first time, beamed down and killed both Resnig and the Comms Officer.

I ordered their cloning (Which was oddly completed within a minute) and their clones, in addition to being a good deal dumber were carrying only a medipack and a nutripack.

So this problem appears to occur with all cloneable personnell.