Insert CD-ROM

Guest MSensei

Guest MSensei

I quoted your FAQ below.

Just FYI this does NOT work in any way on my machine.

This is the microsoft link:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...kb;en-us;283576

it does NOT cure the problem nor is it discussed any more than "this fixes it for sure" well guess what, it doesn't. I tried 3 different CD-ROM drives, even an external one, and it just doesnt work.

Copy protection like this SUCKS. I will probably just take the game back. Way harsh.

"Q. THE GAME KEEPS ASKING ME TO INSERT THE CDROM!

A. When running a restricted user account with fast user switching under Windows XP, some games will not start correctly. The

game requests that the original disk be placed in the drive, even if it is already present. To fix this issue, download

and run the this file. This software will not alter or patch any component on your system, it will only change the

startup state of the system component needed to start your game from start on demand (on game load), to start at boot (on

Windows XP start). "

MUCH easier solution.

Turn off fast user switching in XP (control panel - user accounts)

And make sure your user account on the PC has Administrator rights (you should not be running games under any other type of account on XP)

This will sort it for you - I know I have XP and I have an Admin account without fast user switching and BCM runs fine.

quote:

Originally posted by Emmett.hendrick:

Turn off fast user switching in XP (control panel - user accounts)

Thanks for the tip. I've recently updated my machine in anticipation of Universal Combat and have now made this change to WinXP.

Btw, is this tip in the Troubleshooting FAQ?

I've actually had the same problem...and its a new problem to me. It doesnt happen when I first install BCM, only after I install the 1.09 patch. I'm currently the administrator on my computer...any other suggestions? Thanks!

I just tried doing what you suggested again a few times, and got the same result. Something I did not mention that might be a clue is that I'm also no longer getting the 3000AD opening cinematic...thoughts?

quote:

Originally posted by aceruger:

I just tried doing what you suggested again a few times, and got the same result. Something I did not mention that might be a clue is that I'm also no longer getting the 3000AD opening cinematic...thoughts?

If the game doesn't load because of the SafeDisc copy protection, you won't see anything - including the game logo.

You may just have a bad patch install

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I know this has been dealt with before, but guess what i got the same problem.

I downloaded the patch from the Microsoft server and installed it but it didn't solve the problem.

I have a WindowsXP User Account with full admin rights, but the game won't start.

FYI , it's a Battlecruiser Millenium Gold German Release.

I am pretty sure I don't have fast user switching on as well, as this account is also used for administrating a network domain.

Could it be related to my Laptop CD-om drive?

I once had problems with the Rainbow Six CD-ey as well. If that would be the cause of all the trouble I would be really pissed.

Well in any case, i will continue trying.

Greetz

VampireLord