BCM Stuttering!

tkasprzak

Okay, I just got BCM GOLD today and threw it on the ol' system. However, the game "stutters" ever so many seconds. It's not my video settings as this happens while the nifty 3000AD Logo goes across the screen too. It pretty much makes the game unplayable, which is a shame!

Has anyone ever encountered this, and what is the work around? Thanks much in advance!!!

Pertinient System Specs:

Athalon 2.4XP (2.0GHz)

Memory 1GB

Sound Blaster Audigy

Windows XP (Patched up and latest SP and DirectX)

GeForce4 Ti4600 128MB Video Card

quote:

Originally posted by Rogue:

Okay, I just got BCM GOLD today and threw it on the ol' system. However, the game "stutters" ever so many seconds. It's not my video settings as this happens while the nifty 3000AD Logo goes across the screen too. It pretty much makes the game unplayable, which is a shame!

Has anyone ever encountered this, and what is the work around? Thanks much in advance!!!

Pertinient System Specs:

Athalon 2.4XP (2.0GHz)

Memory 1GB

Sound Blaster Audigy

Windows XP (Patched up and latest SP and DirectX)

GeForce4 Ti4600 128MB Video Card

Do you have anything running in the background? Like those taskbar programs.

Yeah--it's patched to current...and I even tried the beta patch with the same result.

Practicially nothing in my taskbar either. Not only that, but I'm quite dilligent about removing things from my "run" line in the registry.

Thank you for your help though, I'll keep pluggin away at it.

This may seem like a strange question, but do you have a canon printer?

If it is offline, the programs for it will continue to look for it every 2 seconds or so, and it will not only screw up your sound, it will mess with your video as well.

I had that problem with my Printer, even though I had removed the program and the printer from my computer, had to reload it, and rehook up the printer in order for it to stop.