Misc Issues

Supreme Cmdr

Try checking to make sure your sound card is set to the proper speaker configuration in the tb contol panel. I had the same thing happen. When I first d/l the new drivers TB was defaulted to the six speaker setup. I reset the speakers to two and the firing sound came back.

I have also noticed that the voice notification that you are approaching a "jump gate", does not play as on my sound card. I get the writing on top of the screen and the appearance of the officer but no voice. I wonder if maybe I need a four speaker setup to run all sounds (comm chatter, jump gate voice) of BCM on my system. Anyone else finding this problem?

Other than that and comm chatter all is fine.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just as an update the 4142 sound drivers from Turtle Beach's site do not seem to fix the issues with comm chatter in Win XP. At least not on a Dell system.

Maybe next time

Cheers

FYI neither do the 4142 drivers that you can download from the Dell support site which are supposed to be dell's tbsc specific.

[ 01-18-2002: Message edited by: Oban ]

I'm not sure if this is a problem... but I'm having some "trouble" with the random mp3 playback.

I have 196 songs in my music directory, all of then are CBR-128-44 (I've verified them all).

My "problem" is : The songs are always played in the same order.

The first songs (as I remember) :

1 - The Matrix - Lunatic Calm - Leave You Far Behind

2 - BCM - The player

3 - IL Caesar - Are you afraid of my eyes

4 - Push - Universal Nation (the real anthem)

5 - Dj eN - Life is a loop

Not that I don't like those songs, but I have a 10 hours "playlist" and since I don't play 10 hours straight often, there are some songs I will nearly never hear, and hearing the same 10-30 songs gets annoying...

quote:

Originally posted by Epsilon 5:

I'm not sure if this is a problem... but I'm having some "trouble" with the random mp3 playback.

BCM doesn't ship with 196 songs

Please do NOT post ANY messages in my tech support threads related to mods or anything related to gamer modifications of the game and/or its environment.

[ 01-04-2002: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

quote:

Originally posted by Cmdr Nova:

I don't either, but IIRC, it was removed. The files are still there for the chatter, but you just can't hear it.

Either that, or I'm having a problem, too. Haven't given the chatter much thought, so I just now noticed it.

It wasn't removed. I can't hear them on my Santa Cruz rig either. I'm thinking this is a driver problem.

Lets see if we can isolate it. Who else cannot hear the background chatter when activated in CONFIG? Set the soundfx volume to 10 and crank up your speakers just to be sure.

If you can hear it, what sound card + driver do you have?

If you cannot hear it, what sound card + driver do you have?

Make sure the above info in your profile are updated and CURRENT. I'll just look there.

[ 01-06-2002: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

Hi,

Have a Turtle Beach Santa Cruz PCI card with the latest certified drivers (all in profile)and I cannot hear the bridge chatter (am running latest version of BCM).

Derek, Since I am a compulsive LURKER and seldom post would just to take this opportunity to give you some major KUDOS on BCM.

quote:

Originally posted by Mythandril:

Hi,

Have a Turtle Beach Santa Cruz PCI card with the latest certified drivers (all in profile)and I cannot hear the bridge chatter (am running latest version of BCM).

OK. So its those cards and I think Nova has some on-board card and he can't hear the chatter either.

quote:

Derek, Since I am a compulsive LURKER and seldom post would just to take this opportunity to give you some major KUDOS on BCM.

Oh, thanks

Addendum: I do have the background chatter after all. Thing is, to actually be even vaguely aware of it, I have to have the volume up so loud that other sound FX damn near bust my eardrums.

btw, I play with music off(just in case you thought it may have been the music drowning out the chatter)

• 3 weeks later...

I came across this bit today, and since we use MP3 streaming, thought I'd pass it along.

quote:

It looks like the underlying cause for the "sound crash" issue that some players have been experiencing since the December 21st patch may have been successfully identified. The following information was posted to the Connectivity and Tech board:

"After a great deal of investigation, we've come to the conclusion that the primary cause of the "sound crash" some players began experiencing after the December 21st patch was the result of certain hardware/software configurations corrupting the new streaming audio (MP3) data and gradually causing the system to hang.

"Thanks to a lot of help from players who were experiencing the problem, we've found a fix that has helped everyone who's tried it: Installing the Live!Ware 3.0 software that comes on the installation CDs for SB Live! cards. This software installs a variety of utilities, but the key files are UpDDrv98.exe/UpDDrv95.exe. (One user ran those by themselves and also saw the sound crashes immediately stop.)

"This software can also be downloaded from:

-
Windows 95/98
(Be sure to download the complete package)

-
Windows ME

"Our contact at Creative Labs' Developer support recommends that users with Windows XP/2000 use
these drivers

"If you have been experiencing this frustrating problem, please install the Live!Ware 3.0 software and let us know how it works for you."

Thanks to Tajima for the information!

• 4 weeks later...

I also have loaded the KX Drivers and my system has been very stable with no CTD's since. It's quite apparent that the SB 5.1 drivers are to blame for my system's instability. Thanks Xierxior for the info.

Guest M J OConnor

quote:

Originally posted by xierxior:

i found this might intrest anyone who is haveing ctd problems with a sb live useing win2k/xp go to
and download the newest drivers you wont get fancy eax features but ever since i started useing them i havent had the game ctd once iv been playing for a few weeks now actively not just ideling.

I just went downloaded a file KXDRV3513.rar from this site. And being the computer genius that I am, I don't know what directory to put it in. I am hoping this might solve my CTD's. Thanks for any help.

[ 03-05-2002, 19:41: Message edited by: Judge Bragg ]

• 1 month later...

This is something which happens intermittently to me, so it's not a bug per se. If I resume or restore a game, occassionally the game hangs and becomes completely unresponsive. Then only option is to reboot. I noticed it seemed to happen just after the music starts, so being a bright spark, I turned off the music and it worked fine. Going into Config and and re-enabling the music doesn't seem to trouble it. Anyone got any bright ideas where I should start looking? I've got the Liveware 3.0 update for my SBlive! I tried the kxdev link mentioned above, but it's dead. This is in my WinXP boot BTW.

Just a sidenote, now I have a half-decent machine, the game looks great at 1024 x 728 (or whatever) and 4xS AA. This will improve somewhat when I get a GF4 Ti4600 tonight

• 5 weeks later...

I have had the same problem paddy described above, no big deal though.

Anyway i have read this entire thred and i didnt see any thing about the SB audige(sp?). Does it have any bcm issues? Also i am planning to get a VIA motherboard and i read that sb's dont work well with that chipset.

A reply ASAP would be helpfull because im geting all the parts for my comp today and i would like to take the sound card back if its no good.

Thanks.