Missile explosion sound propagation

jnewl

Ok, I read in the FAQ for BCMG that sounds from sources more than 75km away should be inaudible, but I am always able to hear missiles exploding in my current sector, no matter what the distance. They always sound like they're right outside my ship, even when they're hundreds of thousands of km away. I thought this was just the way the game was designed, but after reading the FAQ I realized it's ONLY missiles exploding that I can hear; I don't seem to hear ships when they explode far away, for example.

Is this right? Should I be hearing the missiles like that? I have an Audigy Gamer with current drivers, but BCMG has always sounded this way since I got it back in April (or whenever), even with the previous driver set.

quote:

Originally posted by mudpuppy:

Is this right? Should I be hearing the missiles like that?

Yes, because they are not subject to the same Db cueing. In UC this has been removed so that missiles no longer make a sound when they self-destruct.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

quote:

Originally posted by mudpuppy:

Is this right? Should I be hearing the missiles like that?

Yes, because they are not subject to the same Db cueing. In UC this has been removed so that missiles no longer make a sound when they self-destruct.

Gotcha. Thankee much for the reply.