nVidia Drivers

Supreme Cmdr

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im having problems with my BCM...I cant see my mouse Icon and the text and space station are glitchy. I also have this bright green or blue haze that lays over the ship when I have an outside view of the ship (while moving).

Heres my video card: GeForce 2Mx 32Mb and its uses an "Eagle" driver..but it also say nvidia on the box....I dont know what that means..but i read in the FAQ that some nvidia divers wont work...so what do i do? what do I need to download?

quote:

Originally posted by Unforgiven_Killer:

Ive already registered my game...how do i put that link in?

Go to the forum archives and change the settings to display all threads. You should see a topic there which shows you how to set your sig.

• 3 weeks later...

How much of an idiot do you have to be, in order to post about a Radeon 8500 issue in an nVidia thread - and then say that you don't know if its the proper thread or not?

[ 06-16-2002, 09:18: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

• 4 weeks later...

Greetings one and all. I am somewhat new to this little formum but have been playing BC off and on now since it's creation, and no I'm not a master of it...yet.

Recently trying to get use to it again and I have been experiencing a little trouble where I'll be flying around and have also noticed it when in combat, where all of a sudden the game just is gone, totally. Mind you I hear a click from the monitor when this happens.

Could this be caused with the settings in the system video control panel where it has it currently set at 60Hz.

I have played with the in game settings & cut down on some of the graphic settings, but that shouldn't be a problem seeing as the system that I have. Oh, and all the drives are upto date and current.

You assistance on this matter is appreciated. Thanks in advance

Hi,

In your info I see you use the 28.32 drivers, which are not current, they are the 29.42 drivers. If your monitor clicks, usually it means it turned itself off, I see that your monitor is up to 7 years or so old, so maybe it is simply worn out and broken, it may not be BCM, especially not if it happens with other games and general applications too.

Greetings,

Wouter Dijkslag

quote:

Originally posted by Wody:

Hi,

In your info I see you use the 28.32 drivers, which are not current, they are the 29.42 drivers. If your monitor clicks, usually it means it turned itself off, I see that your monitor is up to 7 years or so old, so maybe it is simply worn out and broken, it may not be BCM, especially not if it happens with other games and general applications too.

Greetings,

Wouter Dijkslag

Well the 28.32WHQL drivers went out after 1.0.07, so i don't believe it really matters that he needs to get the latest WHQL drivers.

SyberSamourai,

The tick sound is probably because the monitor deactivates itself because there is no signal.

What i can see as a problem is probably the cheap video card. It really sucks, even more than mine So i wouldn't be suprised if it was the GPU's fault.

Or maybe the GPU overheated. That's possible. But I'd be suprised if it was because of the drivers. you can always try updating thought.

If you have a VIA chipset (which you probably do), you should try and update your 4n1 drivers.

Thanks for the words of wisdom. I have updated the vid-card and monitor drivers now to their current drives available for the products.

I was playing last night and was pleased when I didn't have the game abruptly quite on me. That's a start, but it did freeze on me. I am thinking that the problem is related to the monitor for I have been experiencing problems with it in the past week or so. Yet it is the high graphic games that seem to be the victims of this mishap.

As for my vid-card, well it's better than I previously had. All in time I'll get another upgrade of a better quality card. Time and $ will tell.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello. im new here. I am having some problems getting my game installed. I get the error message "The D3D8.DLL is linked to missing export DDRAW.DLL:DdEntry18." I have narrowed it down to either a video card or Direct X error. Can someone tell me if NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 Model 64 (Gateway) is a compatible video card?

[ 07-22-2002, 01:11 PM: Message edited by: astrotk ]

quote:

Originally posted by astrotk:

Hello. im new here. I am having some problems getting my game installed. I get the error message "The D3D8.DLL is linked to missing export DDRAW.DLL:DdEntry18." I have narrowed it down to either a video card or Direct X error. Can someone tell me if NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 Model 64 (Gateway) is a compatible video card?

If you are getting that error, it means either that

1. You do not have DX 8.1 drivers for your card installed
  2. All of the above

Post the contents of your DXDIAG output here and lets take a look. Use the UBB 'code' tags so that it is readable.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

Anyone have any news good or bad on the new Nvidia ref drivers from Nvidia's site? I see version 30.82 have just been put up, and would like to try them out, but since the most knowledgeable crowd I've seen out 'there' is here, I thought I'd ask here.

Heh, my machine's been rock stable with the 27.42's for so long now, I'm only changing if some trustworthy BCM'ers give the thumbs up.

Take care, see you 'out there'.

Idaho

Question answered, thank you sir!

*salute*

Sorry for calling them reference drivers, but that is what it says on Nvidia's website. Not sure how they aren't if Nvidia says they are.

Idaho

[ 08-13-2002, 11:18 PM: Message edited by: Duncan Idaho ]

Duncan, back in the days of the original GeForce, and GeForce2, manufactures added features (ie dual display) to the basic nvidia board. They also provided driver support for those features.

The drivers on Nvidia's site are only for the chipset. (That's why they are called referrence, and they are WHQL.) Meaning if you used them, then the special features would probably cease to function with the driver update. Now if the board maker provided up to date drivers than all is good, but most Vendors are not as quick with driver updates as Nvidia is.

Today however, almost all of the Nvidia cards a pretty much the same in basic features, and the WHQL reference drivers are fine.

• 2 weeks later...

Detonator 40.41 is officially out (not leaked), as of today. Yeah, they're already chugging out their next-generation Detonator drivers; probably getting ready for their future next-gen GPUs coming out.

It's not WHQL Certified (it's pending), and NVidia claims these improvements/features:

[*]Up to a 25% increase in performance

[*]nViewÔäó 2.0 multi-display technology increases productivity and provides the necessary tools to control the way users access and view applications.

[*]NVRotateÔäó enabling image rotation on todayÔÇÖs advanced flat panel displays.

[*]NVKeystoneÔäó allows for real-time image correction on portable projectors and heads-up displays.

[*]Digital Vibrance ControlÔäó allows users to adjust color controls to achieve accurate, bright colors under all conditions.

[*]New control panel streamlines user interface and enables faster and easier access to all video settings

[*]Robust Channels enables higher faster performance and better stability for all applications through fail-safe paths in the drivers

[*]CineFX Simulator allows developers to use CgÔÇöÔÇ£C for graphicsÔÇØÔÇöto write complex shaders in a high level language faster and more easily than before.

[*]NVIDIAÔÇÖs patented Unified Driver Architecture (UDA) ÔÇô supports all products in a single driver binary

Will try them out later today.

Press Release (Dated today, August 29, 2002)

Driver Info/Download Page

[ 08-29-2002, 04:02 PM: Message edited by: Cmdr Nova ]

Guest Fox__Trot

I sware im learning to hate nvidia I was using an ATI board a few years ago and only had to update drivers once a year with NV ive got to update every 2 weeks Oh well now i have to dig up my serial key again

Btw... BCM is working for me on the new drivers

Lol, you don't have to upgrade if you don't want. If you really don't care, and your current stuff works, then just let it sit until DirectX9 comes out (if you don't have DX9 compatible drivers). And about ATI, they've extensively improved their driver quality, but with their newer technology, they've left their older cards in the dust; so older ATI cards won't get the constant driver updates that the rest of us will get.

Anyway, the new driver is kickin' perfectly. There's also a few more features to tweak and play with in the NVidia Control Panel (Display->Settings->Advanced).