nVidia Drivers

Supreme Cmdr

Hi again to all.. too long time i was out here..

Pals, I've got a problem. I'll take a new PC with nvidia geforce-2 mx100/200. i read FAQ and try to download Detonator 3... but there Detonator 4 only, and its work only in Win-XP, but i have a Win-98. I'll try to Dig Internet and find detonator for W-98, cause in nvidia's site old drivers absent. there is a link to archive (for old version of detonator), but its dead - there only detonator 4. All that crap which i find in internet for Detonator 3 not working... I'll try to install it, reboot and after all i have a message "Error in: NvQTwk. Missing: NvCplDaemon"

But to say true - in Properties of monitor a Marker "Adjust Z-Buffer depth to rendering depth if unequal" was appear, but game still not working. i think that Error message and this bug something "linked".. I check the BIOS about VideoShadow and ect. make all changes, but still nothing.. Maybe somebody have an Detonator 3 install archive for win-98? Or maybe someone know what to do in this case?

Thank forehand to everyone!

Glad to be with you again, friends!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by Aleksey Kichigin:

cause in nvidia's site old drivers absent. there is a link to archive (for old version of detonator), but its dead

Hello,

Did you bother to actually go to nVidia's site, at http://www.nvidia.com and select download drivers, and followed the instructions for downloading the graphics drivers?

Greetings,

Wouter Dijkslag

Nova, are you sure that it was a Detonator link???

as i see it install nvidia drivers but not detonator... "Z-Buffer..." mark still not appear in Monitor Properties after reboot...

Any advise?

P.S. Yes Nova, I've check your link.. its a geforce driver, but not Detonator...

Again: Detonator 4 Not working with Win-98

[ 09-12-2002, 02:41 AM: Message edited by: Aleksey Kichigin ]

Detonator 4 is a beta driver for Windows 2000/XP

Windows 98 version hasnt been released yet by Nvidia.

The link above is for Detonator 3, even though it does say its version 30.82

If you have the 98 version of Detonator 4, then its a leaked version, and may contain bugs (use leaked drivers at your own risk)

Version 30.82 is the current offical version untill Detonator 4 is out of beta stage testing

[ 09-12-2002, 10:53 AM: Message edited by: Roberto ]

No, Roberto, I have no v.4. I've try to install v.3. thank you for advice pal

Greg and Nova! About your 30.82... Yesterday I've completely trashed my HDD and reformat it (Thanks for God it was still emty - cause I have a new PC, so my loose was not so hard) I'm setting up your drivers, but they don't have "Z-Buffer" marker... then i remove it and try to install Detonator 3 with 1470, which i find in driver's library in Internet. Driver setting up, Detonator's marker "Z-Buffer" is appear... I was happy while i not try to start the game... After starting game my monitor gone to black and after a few second push me out back to Windows... but for now without Error messages. If in past i can see log file in game directory where i read "error 3D device" or something like this, but now -i don't find that log file...

damn.. i'm stuck.....

Ive just realised that you dont have your system profile added to you sig.

Please correct this (do a searh using the boards built in features on the topic).

Normaly tech support is only given out 'after' your system profile has been added, so that people can see what hardware you have, and help trouble shoot based upon that info.

For now I'm just waiting my game (Delivery in Russia too slow), but for now i've just try to play Demo. i'm afraid - if Demo not working maybe game were not working too... All another games working just fine...

I'm very confused... very...

[ 09-16-2002, 05:12 AM: Message edited by: Aleksey Kichigin ]

• 3 weeks later...

Been using it for a while now and the only problem it has in BCM/BCG is that with AA turned on, the main menu flickers. Once you get past the main menu, everything works fine. They are aware of it and looking into fixing it in the driver. Something to do with writing directly to the backbuffer with AA enabled.

Are you getting that?

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for reply, Derek, but (if you have time!) guide me step-by-step please - where I must to do this and how? Or someone else - who can said that for me by easy-understanding words... I'm very shy, but its too hard to understand for me (with my penguine-english)

thank you forehand

[ 10-16-2002, 09:44 AM: Message edited by: Aleksey Kichigin ]

quote:

Originally posted by Aleksey Kichigin:

Thank you for reply, Derek, but (if you have time!) guide me step-by-step please - where I must to do this and how? Or someone else - who can said that for me by easy-understanding words... I'm very shy, but its too hard to understand for me (with my penguine-english)

thank you forehand

wot?

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

Are you getting that?

Yes, but only when i drop the graphic acceleration down one notch. On full speed it works fine. It is on automatic AA setting. When forced the menu is flickering, but in other way. I'd say it's rather "unstable".

[ 10-16-2002, 01:34 PM: Message edited by: mihau ]

Alright, here it goes:

1) installed 40.72

2) launched bcm: no menu flickering

3) forced video card to work always with 2xAA

4) main menu is now flickering.

I get other type of menu flickering when I reduce the acceleration in the video properties down one notch; however the game itself works fine.

• 3 weeks later...

Is anyone experiencing an issue where certain parts of the Frontend screen are clipped out (Black), destroying the text?

e.g. after starting new game, go to

Logistix/Crafts/CC and the buttons disappear.

Or, when accessing the pulldown menus (e.g. pilots, officers) after starting a new game, the display text also disappears?

This seems to be happening on all post- 30.82 under winXP

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

Is anyone experiencing an issue where certain parts of the Frontend screen are clipped out (Black), destroying the text?

e.g. after starting new game, go to

Logistix/Crafts/CC and the buttons disappear.

Or, when accessing the pulldown menus (e.g. pilots, officers) after starting a new game, the display text also disappears?

This seems to be happening on all post- 30.82 under winXP

Yeah. Like when assigning people to certain things, the text for it disappears and stuff.

40.72 drivers, same problem.

quote:

Originally posted by Cmdr Nova:

Yeah. Like when assigning people to certain things, the text for it disappears and stuff.

40.72 drivers, same problem.

OK, its a driver problem then, because it works fine with the 30.82 WHQL drivers. Seems that this problem crept up in the 40.xx driver set; because every one I've tried, has this problem. So I uninstalled clean and went back to 30.82 set.

I have made them aware of the problem - as well as the main menu flickering with AA on.

quote:

Originally posted by Gordon:

SC, I had the same problem regarding the crew pull down menus using the 40.72 drivers. I switched back to the 40.41 drivers and at least for me the issue is gone.

oh? Lemme go try those 40.41 drivers then - because I don't think I did before.

nVidia is pulling the same stunt that ATI is - sacrificing stability for speed - hence these Det 40.xx drivers.

EDIT: Confirmed. The 40.41 drivers don't exhibit this problem. Thanks Gordon!

[ 11-06-2002, 09:53 AM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

• 1 month later...