Missing Textures

chrislove01

Hi all

Just received my copy of BCMG after reading pages and pages about it.

Got it installed after a bit of messing around, (couldnt read from data1.cab for some reason)

Started it up, full graphics, 1600x1200, menus appear etc, I choose my ship and launch into space, but alot of textures seem to be missing from objects I see in space (My ship, space stations etc) Not all just some.

So I set all graphics to min, started a new game, with a different ship, still the same.

My specs are as follows.

HP Vectra

1.7 Ghz

394MB Ram

ATI Radeon 8500 128MB(with the latest drivers, released 8th October)

Im really keen to get into it, but am a bit frustrated I cant get the graphics to work.

Anyone seen this before? I have searched the Forum and came back empty.

Thanks in advance

Chris 'BCMG n00b' Love

[ 10-31-2003, 11:53 AM: Message edited by: Pugwash ]

I had the same problem with my radeon 9000 AIW after upgrading to the catalyst 3.8 drivers. Everything worked fine after going back to catalyst 3.7. Anybody else have problems with 3.8? BTW do you know what chipset your MB uses?

Ill downgrade the drivers in that case.

I only upgraded for Homeworld 2 but that worked fine with the old ones.

Thanks for your suggestions guys. Intel chipset on the motherboard. Not sure which.... :-)

Oh and I cant change the title, time has elapsed. Maybe SC can do the honours???

Thanks again.

Chris

quote:

Originally posted by netshaman:

I have a Radeon 8500 too and with the catalyst 3.8 i had the same problem because they are buggy , there is a clipping phenomenom which makes the textures disappear so i turned back to the 3.7 and all works fine with them as they always used to be.

Blah, its ATI trying to support thier P.O.S. card ala 8500... drivers have always sucked for this thing... I was pretty sure it was them! Still need to find my CD though