Multiplayer Restrictions

Supreme Cmdr

If you have read the updated FAQ, then you have probably seen the restrictions on the multi play game as it differs from the single play game (see question #8). If you wish to discuss these issues, be my guest and do it here.

I wanted to mention that even though tractoring is disabled, I am going to enable it with some restictions in order to prevent cheating that is also rampant in the single play game. e.g. the ability to tow an unwilling NPC object in the single play game could also be exploited to do the same to someone in the multi play game.

The towing restrictions I have in mind are the following

1. You cannot tow NPC objects
  2. You cannot tow another player's support assets (e.g. fighters)
  3. You cannot tow another player if he is in fp mode. And instead of killing him (as it does in single play), it just won't lock.
  4. You cannot tow another player unless he is in his asset (command craft/fighter/vehicle) and has manually activated the emit sos code using the remapped CTRL+T command. If this code is on, you can tow this player from place to place but he can also disable it at any time using the same key (it is a toggle), thereby breaking the tractor lock. Naturally, doing it from 25K feet in a vehicle and you're as good as dead.
  5. You cannot tow vehicles from one planet to another. Then again, you can't do it in the single play game either.

And I may also implement the ability for DJPs to span other planets (instead of just the current one) as well as allow vehicles (not crafts) to use them. This will enable marines to move from planet to planet depending on where the conflict is.

• 1 month later...

quote:

2. You cannot tow another player's support assets (e.g. fighters)

[*]How about adding some sort of simple "request" from that player who owns the assets for another player to tow it?

[*]Or the reverse: possibly a request from the other player to be accepted/denied by the player who owns the assets.

[*]Maybe players can select eachother and "ally" together and be on the same "team" and then are allowed to tow the allied craft's assets which can be broken by "de-allying" (I made a word, lol.) just incase of the other player being an idiot and abusing that privildige.

For an example of why I'm suggesting these things instead of just plainly not being able to tow other players' crafts is this could help with supplies etc, or if a player has a helpless craft that needs to be towed but he, for some reason, is unable to tow his own ship you could tow it close to him to then exit and dock it etc.

The revised mp restrictions are in the BCM Gold FAQ. Check the downloads page.

Then wait for the patch release before making requests. That would be better, since you would have actually played the mp version of the game.

quote:

The towing restrictions I have in mind are the following

That was what I focused on when you said that... Just giving some thoughts on at least concidering allowing towing of other player's assets as long as they confirm it... Although I see from that FAQ that a lot of multiplayer stuff that isnt able to be done (like co-op) is going to be implimented in BCG so, maybe concider it for that at least? Just giving my ideas on things is all...