Simple Multiplayer Question

aphelion7

I see all this stuff about these huge servers, stress testing and all this... all I really care about for now (until everything goes big which will be AWESOME) is can I do the following:

>I have a computer running as a server, can I start up that computer and host a dedicated BCM:G on it, connect via LAN, and have my friend connect via the NET and me and him fly around?

We both have very creative minds and could hold out for months with this so I really hope your answer is yes, as we're both ready to go out and buy BCM:G if this is so!

no it doesnt but I really (sarcastically) THANK YOU for not giving me an answer!!

Now if you can take the few minutes in your time to reply with that, how about trying to give me some sort of an applicable answer? I even stated i looked around on the forums (indirectly) and all i heard about was some sort of mass server SC was using for his testing server loads etc...

but to the LOCAL area network that you so kindly pointed out MOST games (even a few apps that host things) I've played allow you to host an internet game but if its on you're network you can use that ip instead but if you cant i REALLY dont care, no big deal to connect via the net when its 5 feet away from me (albiet LAN is faster and doesn't take up bandwidth for the other person connecting over the internet) I'm just asking if I can proceed with a specific scenario so me and my friend can enjoy the game together online... if not I'm just going to wait for BCG... which i really dont want to do, but i dont have 30 bucks to spend on something just to test it and see if its what i like when i already have BCM and BCG is going to be so much more

So again, thanks, and take no offence... i admit i was a bit upset reading that because i've only had bad experiences with ppl on this forum... so re-reading that "cheers" i take things a bit more lightly

BCMG VCF

BCMG Troubleshooting FAQ

You're talking about bridging a LAN/Internet game, right? In that case, I don't think there's an answer in the documentation.

From what I understand, the answer is no. Just bridge your LAN connection to the internet and connect to the internet on your gaming computer, and connect to the server through the net.

Yeah, I felt nice today. And yes, we're not very friendly to people who ask questions that are already answered. But I don't think that's been answered. (Bridging LAN/Internet in a game.)

I'm the Newbie Welcome Wagon, so naturally I'm supposed to be nice to n00bs. So it's cool. Next time, register the game and put your info in your sig, though, or your posts get deleted on the spot. (In the Support Forums, at least.) In fact, I'd do that ASAP, and edit your sig into your two already existing posts in this thread.

Peace out.

Aphellion7,

no sweat.I was just a bit upset because in BCMG when u want to delete a single savefile,it deletes your whole PROFILE! IM SO PISSED!!!!!! I was like,flyin arround the space for quite a while,DAMN! anyway,if u overwrite your savegames few times,when u restore,the game will freeze and wont load (the loop thingy,that was discussed in other threads of this forum).I really cant see a way how to actualy play this game...im really pissed,because i got preatty far in ROAM...

ill change my mind/cool down,but in meantime im just pissed ...plz dont think that i hate this game for real

Meantime,if someone would reply to this...i know,its a wrong thread.but i wont post anything like that in other threads(for the moment),because i dont want to meet a guy who is also pissed or had a bad day like i did

quote:

Next time, register the game and put your info in your sig, though, or your posts get deleted on the spot.

Erm... I HAVE registered, only problem is my reg key is floating around somewhere in my room (which by the way, took me a good week to find the FIRST time I needed it, if it comes to it maybe i'll be more lucky) but anyway, to my question:

Is there a way to get back to edit my system info and put a link from there instead of having to re-register?

:::EDIT:::

Also if you can confirm my little scenario (now that I see you cant connect via LAN and Net which is no biggie...) where me and my friend can just fly around together I'll go out and buy the darn game tomorrow and have a whole new reg key to use! lol

[ 05-19-2003, 07:29 PM: Message edited by: Aphelion7 ]

quote:

Aphelion7

Is there a way to get back to edit my system info and put a link from there instead of having to re-register?

Yes. Go here:http://www.3000ad.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?u...c;f=26;t=000004

That thread explains it.