Mutliplayer join server crashing

bob3terd

right when i go to programs dreamcatcher bcmg multiplayer then join server the starting picture wil come up like always then it will close and the game will not start any reasons why

Edit by Pugwash: I've edited the system link in your profile so that it now works.

[ 01-01-2004, 12:55 PM: Message edited by: Pugwash ]

Start the game in single player mode, as it starts read and write down the game version number and date top left of the screen.

also on the main menu page what is the version number bottom left.

Can you run the game in single player mode roam?

Ok you have the wrong patch.

If roam works after you applied the patch you did it correctly.

Now all you need to do is go get the correct patch 1.01.01 the second of the 2 patches mentioned in that LINK I posted earlier.

It should say "Version 1.01.01 DEC 12 2003" and "v 1.01.01" respectively once you have patched to the latest.

In that other thread Bane had problems patching ME but then benny didn't.

As I don't have ME installed on any of my PC's anymore and have not experienced any problems patching W2K Pro or XP Pro the only thing I can suggest is a clean install only use the 2 patches named in the other thread or to do what Bane did install another OS unless anyone know what the problem could be.

quote:

Originally posted by bob3terd:

right when i go to programs dreamcatcher bcmg multiplayer then join server the starting picture wil come up like always then it will close and the game will not start any reasons why

It appears that you tried so maybe this won't help you but I'll say it anyway.

That problem happened to me (I'm using XP PRO) and I solved it by uninstalling and reinstalling everything (game and patches).

Live long and prosper.