no images on planets.

Guest bogusheadbox

Guest bogusheadbox

Hi there.

I have a 1.8 ghz, soundblaster live!, geforce 2Mx,

ANd when i enter the planet. All i get is darkenss and no building images on the planet.

I have notice a few posts on the boards saying that a few members are using Geforce 2 cards.

Is there something i am doing wrong? I have tried to dissable the bitmapping and TnL. But unfortunately it makes no difference.

I am not too clued up on changing computer settings, so any help you can give would be appreciated.

I seem to have lost my last post as well. If i am posting in the wrong area, please let me know and i will delete it and move it elsewhere.

Thanks.

Didn't I see a post like this - by you - somewhere else on the forum? Or was it on another forum?

Anyway, you need to update your graphics drivers.

Bearing in mind that planets also have realistic time of day. Make sure its not night time on the planet you're on.

Guest bogusheadbox

Thanks for your help. Good to know i should still be able to play the game. Work is almost over and i will try to update the drivers on my graphics card and see how that works.

P.s. I have deleted my previous post. Not sure what happened, i could not find it this morning. :-)

As for working out night and day.... he he, i have only spent aprrox 2 hours in the game. Still trying to get my AE to manually contol the ship.

I like a challenge ;-)

Guest bogusheadbox

ok i have registered and downloaded the new forceware drivers. I can now see the surface of the planet. YOu little beauty !!!

However, i seem to still have difficulty using my joystick. Not working at all. I am pretty sure i have autopilot off.

Its a logitech wingman extreme. Do i have to enable joystick support ?

THanks for answering my barrage of questions.

quote:

Originally posted by bogusheadbox:

However, i seem to still have difficulty using my joystick. Not working at all. I am pretty sure i have autopilot off.

Its a logitech wingman extreme. Do i have to enable joystick support ?

Go into options and select KEYS on the bottom menu. Set the top option FLIGHT CONTROLLER: JOYSTICK to enable the joystick.